ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Belimom..

I just tried to remember who posted almost the same thing a little further back...... it said that GG, while being questioned, looked down at his watch and said that she probably is dead by now.... (sorry don't remember who posted it...)

But it actually bothered me that there wasn't a whole lot of answers to that...

IMO that should be enough to keep this guy looked up till they have more evidence.... doesn't it almost sound like a confession?

hmmmmm...... Ok .. somehow it didn't take the whole quote over ... sorry .... hope I will do it better next time......

I think that's the 2nd thing I've posted that was discussed previously on this case... LOL!

I've gotten busy in RL lately (returning to school, injured my back, two kids, etc) so I often just scan headlines and post if I see something interesting. I know from past cases, though, that things are often discussed here on WS before they hit the big news outlets.

Thanks for being patient as I post old info... :crazy:

:truce:

I have followed this from the beginning and I have no idea who is telling the truth and who isn't
Seems there has been some whitewashing of character once again.
Which IMO is not needed

Not real concerned about what robyns character was all about, At this point she still seems to be a victim

On the other hand, I do not think she is all innocent... knew who she was with, knew the deal
I do not think she was naive at all
Knew her role, knew the man

No game, no tricks, I think she was a happy participant until the end
What ever went wrong... don't know

Still not sure...

My bolding

Whitewashing character once again? When were the other times?

Just my two cents worth on GG's comment while looking at his watch. I take it to mean that IF she DID die in the water and given the time it was, he meant since they'd not found her, she wouldn't be alive. Does that make any sense?????? ETA: If he meant it any other way, then he's just stupid but we've discussed that. ;)

Gary Giordano and missing woman Robyn Gardner met online on the web site "Adult Friend Finder," which describes itself as "the world's largest sex and swinger personals community," Gardner's friend told Aruban investigators.

The witness statements also reveal more about Gardner. A friend and family member told police she was a "sneaky drinker," according to the witness statement.

Police also found Ambien, the sleep medication, prescribed to Gardner in the Marriott Hotel room where she was staying with Giordano. Giordano told police that he saw Gardner take a sleeping pill the day he claims they went snorkeling and she never returned.

Witnesses who saw Gardner the day she vanished described her as drunk and woozy.

The family member who told police she drank heavily said she was close to confronting Gardner about her allegedly excessive drinking.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=14418807

I still don't understand why the police wouldn't have found flipflops or something belonging to Robyn on the shore where they supposedly went snorkelling
It looked like a rocky shore line

Also, the dress she was wearing at lunch should be in her room
I have never heard whether it was or not

Shocking CCTV footage shows missing American tourist Robyn Gardner having a violent fight with her travel companion hours before her disappearance in Aruba, it has been reported.
Prime murder suspect Gary Giordano, who friends said she met on a swingers sex site, is thought to have threatened to kill her while grabbing her by the neck and shoving her into an elevator on August 2 - the last day Miss Gardner, 35, was seen alive.
Mr Giordano, a 50-year-old businessman from Maryland, travelled to Aruba with Miss Gardner on July 31 and reported her missing two days later, saying she disappeared while they were snorkelling. He has not been charged but is being questioned in jail after witnesses said he was sweating profusely on that day, with blood next to him on the beach and a large scratch mark on his throat.
Mr Giordano initially assisted the search but was detained at the airport as he tried to leave the country because of questions about his account of what happened.
The videotape from the Marriott Resort in Aruba allegedly shows the two having a furious and violent fight on the day she went missing.
A source close to the investigation told the National Enquirer: 'They were having a major fight. Robyn was waving her arms and shouting at Giordano. He was grabbing her arms and jerking her around and shouting back at her.
'Then Giordano apparently realised their argument was heating up in public where someone might overhear them. He violently grabbed the back of Robyn's neck with one hand and shoved her back into the elevator with the other hand.'
As Mr Giordano faces a court hearing today to determine whether he can be held without charge in jail for another 60 days of questioning, police in Aruba believe the CCTV footage is what they need to keep him detained.
'Aruban authorities believe those few, crucial seconds of video tape will give them what they need to put Gary Giordano in prison for life,' the source added.
The tapes are now said to have been sent to the FBI and to surveillance experts in Holland for further analysis.
The source said lip-readers believe Robyn was shouting at Mr Giordano: 'I'm out of here. I'm leaving. I'm not spending another minute with you,' while he yelled back: 'Get back here! I'll kill you!'
There is also a suggestion he might have drugged her when she refused to have sex with her, sources told the Enquirer.
Meanwhile, one of Miss Gardner's friends told police the pair met on Adult Friend Finder - a site which describes itself as 'the world's largest sex and swinger personals community', according to ABC News.
Witness statements also revealed that the pair had planned a holiday together before but Miss Gardner had backed out because of his 'scary behaviour'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ba-met-Adult-Friend-Finder.html#ixzz1WcTWv5VP

The plot thickens.

WOW!!

Wonder how accurate this article is

I could not see a scratch on his throat in the mug shot
Not saying it isn't there, I just didn't see it
But of course that was several days later

if its true about a video and threat, i am hoping he will be held over for sixty days

In an email, Stein said Giordano “was the beneficiary in case of a mishap with” the companion, Robyn Gardner. “The amount was $1.5 million,” Stein wrote.

The Associated Press earlier reported the policy, citing a confidential source. This is the first time the Washington Post has been able to confirm details about the policy with Aruban authorities.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...urance-policy/2011/08/31/gIQASpa2rJ_blog.html

if its true about a video and threat, i am hoping he will be held over for sixty days

Hi Dushi,

Ya know they have been searching for Robyn for about a month now, and in all that time they have not found any evidence of a crime . GG only had a time window of maybe 2hours.
Wonder why it has taken this long to obtain security footage of the two. Don't you think they could of had this within the first few days? I know they said they had trouble tracking him because of his "toupee changes", but this hotel tape would leave No Doubt it was him.

Also in a month of searching they have found no evidence of a crime/scene. If she did not go snorkeling they should of found "something" to indicate a crime was even committed. Especially if you are to believe the scenario ALE has come up with. Let's face it how many places could he have driven to, murder Robyn, dispose of her body (apparently with her dress and shoes), driven back to the Restaurant to report her missing. All in 2 hours? that seems incredibly unlikely some "evidence " was not left somewhere, right?

RF said they had not recovered the "dress" she had worn prior to her disappearance that in itself would seem sufficient grounds to hold him. So maybe RF was wrong and they have found "the" dress and sandals.

I also wonder if we can believe some of these reports, wouldn't be the first time they have been wrong.:waitasec:

Hi Dushi,

Ya know they have been searching for Robyn for about a month now, and in all that time they have not found any evidence of a crime . GG only had a time window of maybe 2hours.
Wonder why it has taken this long to obtain security footage of the two. Don't you think they could of had this within the first few days? I know they said they had trouble tracking him because of his "toupee changes", but this hotel tape would leave No Doubt it was him.

Also in a month of searching they have found no evidence of a crime/scene. If she did not go snorkeling they should of found "something" to indicate a crime was even committed. Especially if you are to believe the scenario ALE has come up with. Let's face it how many places could he have driven to, murder Robyn, dispose of her body (apparently with her dress and shoes), driven back to the Restaurant to report her missing. All in 2 hours? that seems incredibly unlikely some "evidence " was not left somewhere, right?

RF said they had not recovered the "dress" she had worn prior to her disappearance that in itself would seem sufficient grounds to hold him. So maybe RF was wrong and they have found "the" dress and sandals.

I also wonder if we can believe some of these reports, wouldn't be the first time they have been wrong.:waitasec:

I agree, the hotel video should have been viewed in the first days, but LE has been playing this close to the vest.
Maybe they had it and didn't release the information.

If the dress has not been recovered, well.... she had to have been wearing it at the time whatever happened, happened and I doubt she went swimming in that dress and shoes

From the beginning the news reports have not been completely accurate and i would not be surprised to find out once again, they have it wrong

I wonder why TS would send an email to a newspaper or TV station to verify the insurance?

Hi Dushi,

This has definitely crossed my mind also....not saying its a likely scenario, but what if she wandered off the beach to go to bathroom, or get a bandaid for alleged cut toe(GG being intoxicated could have failed to notice while he was "trying to swim for his life") and really did happen upon someone who would have had more time/means to get rid of a body. It is strange to me that someone who was allegedly inebriated could carry off a crime of making someone completely disappear without being seen or leaving some evidence behind.

Concerning this insurance policy....

If true, it would be premeditated, correct?
I can not believe he would not have thought it through enough to leave something of Robyns on the beach, towel, shoes, whatever

He knew they were seen at lunch, he made a point of being seen.
If he had planned a murder, surely he would think about what she was seen wearing

I don't believe anyone else took her
GG would have no reason to make up such a weak story unless he was involved. IMO

I couldn't get a clear picture of when this argument happened at the hotel
After lunch?

Because from the witness accounts, there was never mention of problems between them

Concerning this insurance policy....

If true, it would be premeditated, correct?
I can not believe he would not have thought it through enough to leave something of Robyns on the beach, towel, shoes, whatever

He knew they were seen at lunch, he made a point of being seen.
If he had planned a murder, surely he would think about what she was seen wearing

One thing that could help clarify is for the investigators to research if he took out accidental death coverage (with him as beneficiary) on these previous trips with other women that his father mentioned. If he always did, but those women didn't turn up missing, then that would be something to help analyze what happened here, IMO. If this is the first time he has ever gotten this type of coverage, that would also be quite telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alhxo