MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people have commented about getting the sleeping 30lb 10 month old out the door and grabbing the cell phones. If they didn't grab the cells first, then I would think an experienced mother. Once you are a mom you learn to do the impossible while your child(ren) are sleeping. When I take one of my sleeping kiddos (or both, it's happened) out of the car, I then grab a bag or two, maybe a cooler, maybe get another kid out of the car.

Wow, beginning to realize that I ask for trouble. Half the time I leave my cell phone in the car, I don't lock the door until at least midnight and I don't draw my blinds at night either. I'm a girl living alone. I think I need to get my act together :silenced:

Absolutely!!! Don't go out to that car after dark, make it a habit to lock your car doors when you get home and ALWAYS draw your blinds at night!

You never know who is looking in and what they're doing while watching you. My biggest fear is looking out the window and seeing a face looking back at me. There's too many wierdo's,criminals and perverts around!

Don't mean to be harsh but we don't want to be sleuthing your case in the missing forum! :seeya:

Someone may have already said this and if so I am sorry for repeating and please don't take offense, I just have a 1,000 different scenarios whirling through my head.

I find it a little odd that he said he checked on the boys as soon as he felt something was wrong and then checked on Lisa. Here is why: I know some damn good step dads (my DH is the best) but I think generally you would be drawn to check on your own child first. Especially as a father of a girl. And Lisa being the youngest , I think I would assume my spouse was up for a drink, potty, diaper change or because the baby woke up. The youngest room is where I would be drawn first, because usually it's the young ones that need something in the middle of the night.

I am sure it's probally nothing but just stating what bothered me.

Good point, that was pretty stupid of me :doh:

I guess because I live in a very rural, very sleepy part of England, you kind of feel safer. There appears to be no-one around here but the retired.

Where we live now is very rural and it's hard to not let your guard down especially since we just moved out of a very high crime city. But reading cases like this reassure me we need a guard dog, guns and a security system. Nothing is too much for my babies.

Did the person or persons involved come into the house for another reason....
cell phones seem like an inexperienced burglar....but heard Lisa moving, whining, calling out for example.....and grabbed her with the cell phones.
Does the family keep cash or anything else of value?

I would like to know why there were three phones? Were there more than two adults in the home? I can see each parent having a phone then maybe the fathers work phone but if he was at work why would his phone(s) be at home? Even if he just had a personal phone I would think he would have it on him in the middle of the night working w his family at home. Hinky!! Maybe I havent been following as close at I thought.

Someone may have already said this and if so I am sorry for repeating and please don't take offense, I just have a 1,000 different scenarios whirling through my head.

I find it a little odd that he said he checked on the boys as soon as he felt something was wrong and then checked on Lisa. Here is why: I know some damn good step dads (my DH is the best) but I think generally you would be drawn to check on your own child first. Especially as a father of a girl. And Lisa being the youngest , I think I would assume my spouse was up for a drink, potty, diaper change or because the baby woke up. The youngest room is where I would be drawn first, because usually it's the young ones that need something in the middle of the night.

Maybe the boys rooms were on his way to Lisa's room. Maybe when she wasn't in her room he figured she was w/mom. We don't know which rooms he checked in which order.

I wonder (maybe In da middle will know) if there have been any neighbors with workers in the area lately? Many of my neighbors have work done, and I always feel rather exposed when workers are watching my comings and goings for days on end.

Wow, beginning to realize that I ask for trouble. Half the time I leave my cell phone in the car, I don't lock the door until at least midnight and I don't draw my blinds at night either. I'm a girl living alone. I think I need to get my act together :silenced:

I'm going off topic a second. Can I add to your list: Do not stand next to your car with the engine running, not even just for a quick chat? Exactly that scenario happened to a friend who was car jacked last week. Be careful. And draw your blinds. (The mom gene knows not when to hush; sorry.)

On track: I have to go get my kiddos. If good news happens, please, someone yell out loud as you can! I will hear you! All my heart and soul is with baby Lisa.

He may have thought that maybe one of the boys was up and wandering around the house, or even wandered outside during the night (due to the unlocked door). Given the baby's age, she would be secure in her crib and abduction/break-in wouldn't be my very first thought with 2 older boys in the house. I would first think that one of the boys was sick, had an accident, needed something and had gotten up...

That's a good point. But maybe the boys' room was the closest to the entrance?

My son does that too. He use to drive me crazy about that.

I have a land line and my cell is right next to my bed at night charging. I mainly want it there in case any one breaks in, alarm goes off and I am grabbing my phone and my two yorkies and either hiding in my closet or out a window.

I do it out of fear that someone will break in while I'm in the shower. My ex-boyfriend thought I was nuts-- "If someone breaks in while I'm here, they're not hurting a hair on your head." I tried to explain to him that someone could shoot him and then I'd be a girl trying to defend herself. He just looked at me like I had lost my marbles. I have read too many scary stories here, haha.

I would like to know why there were three phones? Were there more than two adults in the home? I can see each parent having a phone then maybe the fathers work phone but if he was at work why would his phone(s) be at home? Even if he just had a personal phone I would think he would have it on him in the middle of the night working w his family at home. Hinky!! Maybe I havent been following as close at I thought.

I think one phone was a replacement for one of the other phones. Transferring numbers from one to the other.

But I don't find it odd to have this many phones anyway. I have more than one - I let my littlest one take it with her if she goes to a friend's, etc. so she can contact me anytime. I don't ever want her staying the night at a friend's house and God forbid some pervy relative or neighbor is in that home and she can't call for me to come get her right away. I am a bit paranoid about this but you never know. Better safe than sorry, right?

Does anyone think that there was more than one person in the house?

Anyone who has or has had a child this age : if they sleep in a dark room ( or one with a soft nightlight ), would it wake them up to be taken into a brightly lit room ? TIA...

I do it out of fear that someone will break in while I'm in the shower. My ex-boyfriend thought I was nuts-- "If someone breaks in while I'm here, they're not hurting a hair on your head." I tried to explain to him that someone could shoot him and then I'd be a girl trying to defend herself. He just looked at me like I had lost my marbles. I have read too many scary stories here, haha.

My boyfriend is the same way - he doesn't get why I'm so cautious. It's like he doesn't realize that as strong as he thinks he is, he's not Superman against a bullet!

Absolutely!!! Don't go out to that car after dark, make it a habit to lock your car doors when you get home and ALWAYS draw your blinds at night!

You never know who is looking in and what they're doing while watching you. My biggest fear is looking out the window and seeing a face looking back at me. There's too many wierdo's,criminals and perverts around!

Don't mean to be harsh but we don't want to be sleuthing your case in the missing forum! :seeya:

Don't want to scare you either but we had a young woman shot through her living room window last month while she sat at her computer...altho he apparently knew her, it was still scary that he did that. You never know who is lurking. ETA: Very small neighborhood also.

Where we live now is very rural and it's hard to not let your guard down especially since we just moved out of a very high crime city. But reading cases like this reassure me we need a guard dog, guns and a security system. Nothing is too much for my babies.

I'm going off topic a second. Can I add to your list: Do not stand next to your car with the engine running, not even just for a quick chat? Exactly that scenario happened to a friend who was car jacked last week. Be careful. And draw your blinds. (The mom gene knows not when to hush; sorry.)

On track: I have to go get my kiddos. If good news happens, please, someone yell out loud as you can! I will hear you! All my heart and soul is with baby Lisa.

Yeah, you are all so right, I need to get some common sense. Terrible about your friend jacy, the thought of that scares me to death!

Honestly, since joining WS, I do feel less secure at home, which is maybe a good thing in a way.

Anyone who has or has had a child this age : if they sleep in a dark room ( or one with a soft nightlight ), would it wake them up to be taken into a brightly lit room ? TIA...

I don't have kids, but I've been told this about myself from my parents. I slept in a dark room. However, at Lisa's age, I slept through an entire wedding reception at a nightclub, bright lights and music included. I think it varies by kid and how deeply they sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedStateRenegade