The boys heard clicking Noises discuss here

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was setting my alarm clock since daylight savings time last weekend....click, click, click.....

Apologies if someone else has come up with this one...

Invisikitty sharpening its claws on the furniture?

Like I said last night on the other thread - JI was away - DB was having her "adult" time. I think her adult time involved drugs. I also think the clicking sound could have been cocaine being cut into lines on a mirror or a glass (table maybe). Think back to Scarface and those sounds....

The sound wouldn't be a common one or it wouldn't have been mentioned IMO

I agree, another possibility, I read an article earlier today, that said Stanton described the noise as "tapping". I was watching an old movie where this guy was constantly "tapping" out his pipe and refilling it. I don't know a/b heroin or other drug pipes, but tobacco pipes are tapped out. Just a thought. :crazy:

I now agree with MK about the oscillating fan. I tried it, and the clicking is indeed very odd and loud. For my fan, it was totally unlike the usual noises of the working fan.

I now agree with MK about the oscillating fan. I tried it, and the clicking is indeed very odd and loud. For my fan, it was totally unlike the usual noises of the working fan.

I agree, PJD, but I think the boys would have been used to that noise, even if it fell over they would understand that. What I don't understand is, why didn't they go look if they had any concerns. My kids would have. Were they locked in their rooms?

I agree, PJD, but I think the boys would have been used to that noise, even if it fell over they would understand that. What I don't understand is, why didn't they go look if they had any concerns. My kids would have. Were they locked in their rooms?

Maybe they looked and were told not to say what they saw.
Maybe they were too frightened to look? All IMO

Has anyone mentioned that it might be a lighter being flicked or one of those long grill lighters? Someone could have been checking to see if they worked before the dumpster fire?

What is flagged for me is DB's statement that the boys weren't sure whether the noise or clicking they heard was before (the event) or after. The implication of her statement is that there was an occurence that is known and that it took place at a certain time or point in the timeline. But that admission is never made elsewhere. I am once again reminded of her statement that alcohol wouldn't change a person enough to "do THAT". Yet her version of this crime & disappearance is that a kidnapping took place. Of course a mother drinking heavily is still not in a position to kidnap her own child so what is the "THAT" which she refers to. Something she can see in her mind's eye because she cringes at this moment in her denial. It is not a kidnapping!

What is flagged for me is DB's statement that the boys weren't sure whether the noise or clicking they heard was before (the event) or after. The implication of her statement is that there was an occurence that is known and that it took place at a certain time or point in the timeline. But that admission is never made elsewhere. I am once again reminded of her statement that alcohol wouldn't change a person enough to "do THAT". Yet her version of this crime & disappearance is that a kidnapping took place. Of course a mother drinking heavily is still not in a position to kidnap her own child so what is the "THAT" which she refers to. Something she can see in her mind's eye because she cringes at this moment in her denial. It is not a kidnapping!

Nice you read your posts again, Tuba. I appreciate your point of view.

Hmmm, all this talk about what the kids heard has me thinking. If she did find something wrong with the baby she probably would have shrieked or yelled in a panic initially.

The fact that the kids didn't hear anything unusual from Mommy is a bit weird and kinda points to her innocence.

I think this is a HUGE leap!!!!!!! No money to pay the cell phone bills but now you have them buying cocaine.... Where is there any evidence of this?

I work with a lot of substance users and I can tell you that the first thing that gets paid for is the drug or alcohol (and cigarettes) and the last thing that gets paid for are rent and utilities. Somewhere in the middle are other purchases like gifts and food and entertainment.

I have clients who's cable bill is more than their subsidized rent and they pay the cable bill first. I am not saying this based on an unfounded stereotype -- this is truly my clinical experience in working with substance users (who also have mental illness).

I'm kind of liking the cocaine theory. It would fit. And, I don't believe they sold the baby or traded her for drugs. I think they might have just bought drugs, purchasing them before paying for other expenses.

BBM I would like to read it in context. I do know she said that, but what exactly was the question asked? IIRC it was asked if she could have harmed her child and that was her reply. without the question, the answer she gave is quite moot.

Hmmm, all this talk about what the kids heard has me thinking. If she did find something wrong with the baby she probably would have shrieked or yelled in a panic initially.

The fact that the kids didn't hear anything unusual from Mommy is a bit weird and kinda points to her innocence.

We have no idea what the boys heard. We only have DB's statement about what they heard. If she did shriek or yell, she's not going to volunteer that information. IMO

With LE removing a tape dispenser and a roll of tape, I wonder if the boys heard a noise related to the use of these items. Just a thought.

BBM I would like to read it in context. I do know she said that, but what exactly was the question asked? IIRC it was asked if she could have harmed her child and that was her reply. without the question, the answer she gave is quite moot.

That is what I recall, as well. DB was asked if she had harmed her child, and she responded that "alcohol doesn't change a person enough to do something like that." If she was as drunk as she claimed and doesn't remember much of the evening, how does she know that she didn't do something to harm Lisa? :waitasec:

Tuba, I found a reference to the noises:

Bradley told NBC last week that the boys heard noises the night Lisa vanished, but she was hazy on the details.

"They said they heard noises (the night Lisa disappeared)," Bradley said. "I don't know if that was before we went to sleep or after." Bradley said she has not pressed the boys on the issue because she didn't want to put them through "anything else."

I will try to find the NBC source. But it still raises this point: why wouldn't she just ASK the boys WHEN the noises were heard? If she did ask, she should have asked them more questions herself to get a clearer response from them. Still shaking my head over this.

http://m.ibtimes.com/baby-lisa-miss...erview-deborah-bradley-missing-al-238153.html

Ms. BRADLEY: They said they heard noises, but I don't know if that was before we went to sleep or after. I have not sat down and talked to them about it specifically to not have to put them through anything else.

VIdeo:"I was drunk" at 3:50

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44927...m-i-was-drunk-when-she-vanished/#.Tr6BK1bNQfg

If she only knew how guilty she looks by making statements like this....
yes DB don't worry about looking into this with the boys who could be holding some very important info, it is only your 11 month old daughter missing. UGHH get with it DB!!!!!

That is what I recall, as well. DB was asked if she had harmed her child, and she responded that "alcohol doesn't change a person enough to do something like that." If she was as drunk as she claimed and doesn't remember much of the evening, how does she know that she didn't do something to harm Lisa? :waitasec:

She sure didn't scream out "No, I couldn't possibly harm my child!!!!!"

I agree, another possibility, I read an article earlier today, that said Stanton described the noise as "tapping". I was watching an old movie where this guy was constantly "tapping" out his pipe and refilling it. I don't know a/b heroin or other drug pipes, but tobacco pipes are tapped out. Just a thought. :crazy:

Hmmm. If Deb or someone that was visiting had one of those one hitters (or whatever they're called) for pot or whatever that's possible. Add to that you have to click the lighter to light it each time. Maybe?

MOO

ETA: With the one hitter things you fill the pipe each time, light it, smoke it and have to continue filling and lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maverick3710