TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but we have Gail's friend AD pretty much confirming that Gail was being treated with medications, seen by a therapist of some kind and was decimated by the state of her marriage.

I think we have seen a tremendous data dump of personal information all the way around. I am certain many will see AD's data dump as noble and MP's ATTY's data dump as dastardly.

The thing is, all sides have played this out in the media with the exception of Gails immediate family.

There is too much we dont know, imo. Who deleted the files if files were deleted. I mean, what if it was Gail who deleted files? What if MP deleted files that pertained to things outside of his wife's disappearance? What if no files were deleted at all?

We still have the blackbox of a DVR/Security System Recording that was supposed to be the missing link.

Since reading the media about the refusal to turn it over, I havent heard anything more about it.

The prelim reports are completed I expect. HCSO will make sure that they have an accurate idea of what happened.

I think Matt was a rotten husband, but I (personally) think it is quite a stretch to believe that he had her killed or killed her himself.

I cannot think of a good reason why she was still laying out there. My heart breaks for those who are going to miss her terribly until the end of time...especially her children. :(

Then why get a lawyer right away??

Why did the girlfriend get a lawyer??

Why keep the children from being interviewed by LE??

Why didn't he actively search??

I could go on, but you get my point.

Does anyone know when the trees develop buds which turn to leaves in this area of Tennessee? Would the trees have developed large enough leaves by the 1st of May that would have obstructed the view if someone was looking down the mountain side this early in the year?

Does anyone know when the trees develop buds which turn to leaves in this area of Tennessee? Would the trees have developed large enough leaves by the 1st of May that would have obstructed the view if someone was looking down the mountain side this early in the year?

Im not on the mountain, I'm in the valley but the trees I lost when the storms came through on April 27 were in full bloom. We had trees down everywhere, and many people didn't have power for days..

ETA.. .. With all the cleanup on the mountains as well as in our area surrounding the mountain, I suspect even IF someone heard a crash or a loud noise they would have thought it was someone cutting down a tree or a tree falling...I can't help but think IF foul play is/was involved it would have been an opportune time....JMHO

I think damage to the Jeep and the rock from impacting each other will be able to prove that the Jeep was what caused of the rock to be moved, signifying that the rock was present at the time the Jeep went over the side of the mountain.

There should be paint transfer on the rock and scuff marks on the Jeep making it very easy to determine they in fact collided with each other.

JMO
My thought was if the rock went sometime before, and then the jeep landed on it... in which case it would be tricky to determine if the jeep really pushed the rock over... okay, I know, what are the odds of the jeep hitting the rock that had previously fallen...

Yes, definitely. And I know that because the trees had their leaves when the tornadoes struck just days before Gail went missing. In our neighborhood the leaves were stripped from some of the trees, and there were green branches everywhere.

We still have the blackbox of a DVR/Security System Recording that was supposed to be the missing link.

Since reading the media about the refusal to turn it over, I havent heard anything more about it.

I think LE might have the DVR harddrive. The HCSO asked AD for it back in late June. And I think there's another article somewhere about AD giving a copy of the video to the Elmore County Sheriff in Alabama, too.

Durham says she notified investigators of the content on the hard drive days after Gail Palmgren went missing, but they did not take an interest in it. Now they want her to turn it over, nearly two months later.

"There might be incriminating evidence on it," said Durham in the phone interview with Channel 3, "but everything I've told them they have blown off, until now."

(snip)

Durham says she worries if the hard drive falls into the wrong hands, the information could be deleted before anyone sees it.

Channel 3 contacted Janice Atkinson, spokesperson for the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office. She says investigators tell her they did call Durham Wednesday morning to request the hard drive.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/14997857/sheriffs-office-requests-evidence-in-palmgren-case

I'm sorry to keep doing this to you guys but I'm on my phone again. I don't know the link (I think it was the times free press) but Hammond said the Jeep's black box showed the Jeep hit the boulder first then went over the edge. So, according to Hammond the boulder went over the same time Gail's Jeep did. I'll try to find the article.

http://www.wdef.com/news/story/Expe...n-Jeep-Crash-Site/IqhZLrF4XkOd6tLoa6Sp6A.cspx

Snipped

“A lot of that information will be gleaned from the black box. We are aware of a lot of that. We're just not ready to release it all,” said Hammond.

Hammond says the box will show if the car was bumped, if the air bags deployed, the way the steering wheel was controlled and more.

Do you think it's safe to say they have all of the information off that black box already? I have no idea how much time it takes to get the information from it.

Raises curiosity as to why there are not ready to release it all the info yet. Maybe they need to do more deciphering of that info or there is info that needs to be further investigated.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but we have Gail's friend AD pretty much confirming that Gail was being treated with medications, seen by a therapist of some kind and was decimated by the state of her marriage.

I think we have seen a tremendous data dump of personal information all the way around. I am certain many will see AD's data dump as noble and MP's ATTY's data dump as dastardly.

And vice versa, obviously. This is still a situation where people are taking sides, hoping that it will be proven Gail killed herself and/or was so medicated or mentally ill she caused this all herself, vindicating both Matt and their own prior theories about the case.

Personally, I didn't think much of this so-called data dump because no important information was ever shared, only anecdotal evidence from all sides. And I personally hold criminal defense attorneys to a higher standard than friends and acquaintances; if an attorney involved in the case pushes anecdotal third-hand information to the media, that's completely different in my mind than a person telling anecdotes to a reporter.

As I see it IF there is a petty "FRAY going on at other sites between people who are not even signed up to post here at WS, IMHO it doesn't belong here.
IMHO....Discussing disagreements going on somewhere else is not productive to finding out what really happened to Gail or who/what is responsible for what happened to Gail, IMHO it shouldn't be brought here..JMHO

For what it's worth, it's been reported in the media as of today so it's not just some off-site kerfluffle anymore. I have no idea if we can discuss it because it involves the dreaded, horrible, no-good, awful den of iniquity known as Facebook.

Yes, definitely. And I know that because the trees had their leaves when the tornadoes struck just days before Gail went missing. In our neighborhood the leaves were stripped from some of the trees, and there were green branches everywhere.

I was just curious because the man that was interviewed (that I believe owns the rock) said he could not see where the rock might have gone because of the leaves.

I was thinking maybe the same property owner might have pulled out in front of Gail while she was driving down the road causing her to swerve into the rock and go over the edge of the cliff. He might not have wanted to report the accident knowing he caused the accident and most likely her death. When confronted now he is using the excuse the leaves blocked the view of seeing anything.

But if the leaves are grown by then no worries. I know where I live they are just barley buds at that time, which is further towards the north. Trying to look at all angles. The rock disappearing and the home owner not thinking a car might have taken it over the edge being the tire tracks and all just has me baffled.

JMO

For what it's worth, it's been reported in the media as of today so it's not just some off-site kerfluffle anymore. I have no idea if we can discuss it because it involves the dreaded, horrible, no-good, awful den of iniquity known as Facebook.

That is the best description of Facebook I have ever heard. The lost productivity of this nation in the workplace because of Facebook is going to be our demise.

JMO

This may have already been mentioned and is probably nothing, but I thought I'd post it and see what others thought. I was looking on Google Maps at E Brow Rd and the area they say that Gail went over at. Now, I have no idea how recent these maps are, but there are leaves on the trees and an open pool and I know that Google frequently updates their maps. They've updated my area twice in the last year. I suspect the map is from this spring or summer but obviously can't tell for sure.

Anyway, when looking at it I see a bit of red in the picture. Do we know the exact spot the jeep was located? The spot is about 150 feet from W Rd, just like they say the jeep was. This red spot doesn't quite match up with the overlook that they are saying Gail went over at, and there isn't a missing rock at the overlook. I've studied Bing and Mapquest satellite views and I can't figure out what this could be. In the image I circled it and put an X at the spot Gail went over. It makes me almost wonder if it could be Gail and the rock was pushed over later. Or perhaps I'm just crazy. :) Any thoughts?

palmgrenmap.jpg

ETA: It's not as clear in this picture as it is on Google Maps. If you search 1454 East Brow Road, Signal Mountain, TN on Google Maps you should be able to see it much more clearly.

This may have already been mentioned and is probably nothing, but I thought I'd post it and see what others thought. I was looking on Google Maps at E Brow Rd and the area they say that Gail went over at. Now, I have no idea how recent these maps are, but there are leaves on the trees and an open pool and I know that Google frequently updates their maps. They've updated my area twice in the last year. I suspect the map is from this spring or summer but obviously can't tell for sure.

Anyway, when looking at it I see a bit of red in the picture. Do we know the exact spot the jeep was located? The spot is about 150 feet from W Rd, just like they say the jeep was. This red spot doesn't quite match up with the overlook that they are saying Gail went over at, and there isn't a missing rock at the overlook. I've studied Bing and Mapquest satellite views and I can't figure out what this could be. In the image I circled it and put an X at the spot Gail went over. It makes me almost wonder if it could be Gail and the rock was pushed over later. Or perhaps I'm just crazy. :) Any thoughts?

palmgrenmap.jpg

ETA: It's not as clear in this picture as it is on Google Maps. If you search 1454 East Brow Road, Signal Mountain, TN on Google Maps you should be able to see it much more clearly.
Interesting!

I do see the red spot. But, it's definitely not where I pictured it would be from the above rock area.

Either way, I thank you for the picture.

That is the best description of Facebook I have ever heard. The lost productivity of this nation in the workplace because of Facebook is going to be our demise.

JMO

It's been banned at my workplace for just that reason and rightfully so. FB is almost like watching bad reality TV when you read the sites associated with Gail.

It's really a shame

I was just catching up after finding out that she'd been found and I had a thought about why the computers were given to the attorney, to try to find her passwords to any accounts she'd hidden???

Just an idea. If hubby had repair done to the front of his automobile that doesn't sound good. I have no source for that just going by what I read here.

I just had a quick thought, which I'm sure some of you wise people already thought to wonder!

Do MP's phone records show any evidence of him calling GP many, many times after she went missing? Regardless, or perhaps even because of their marital problems, seems he would have tried many times to contact her to find out what she was up to....especially where the bank accounts or the kids were concerned,
unless he knew there was no need to call, because he knew she would never again be able to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675