GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chief of Canton Police, Lance did not explain why he was not onscene.

Who was it that didn't come to the scene on Saturday?

Chief of Canton Police Lance
Sheriff of Cherokee County Garison

TIA

It is my understanding that it was the Chief of City of Canton PD who was not available and has yet to account for his whereabouts.

they were working frantically to clear apartment buildings looking for a live child...

he found a small amt of blood and he discussed with other officers and a firefighter... thought it looked like a nosebleed .... so they moved on to clear another building...

oh my!

they were looking for her as a runaway!

I'll bet if there was blood on the carpet he just threw trash bags and trash over it. They would probably be changing the carpet and he figured he would roll it up and take it to the dumpster when the smoke cleared.

Sheriff Garrison is the person who finally took charge after concerns regarding the dumpster which was about to be taken by the waste management company for dumping. He called in the GBI.

Canton PD were in control of the scene and the search for the first few days. They were using resources from the Sheriff's dept but Canton PD was in charge and calling the shots.

RB had a bloody crime scene to deal with, so he went out to "help search and pass out fliers" to get a vibe of where people were looking that evening?

I wonder if bloody clothing and clean up rags were found in the dumpster too.

Yeah, if he was searching/passing out flyers & seen by others that night, when did he have time to clean up?

If the crime happened on Friday pre-7p & the crime scene apt located 1p to 3p the next day, he had no more than 18 hrs in order to clean the scene, get rid of everything, search/pass out flyers (oh, and get a picture of JR from her family -- has this been vetted?) & talk with friends/people in the complex & sleep . . . hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:fence:

And I recall that RB was under LE radar early on . . . like Friday night ! So, how could be sneaking around covertly ?

I'll bet if there was blood on the carpet he just threw trash bags and trash over it. They would probably be changing the carpet and he figured he would roll it up and take it to the dumpster when the smoke cleared.

Wasn't there a mattress in the apt. as well? I wonder if he flipped it and covered up the floor.

Yeah, if he was searching/passing out flyers & seen by others that night, when did he have time to clean up?

If the crime happened on Friday pre-7p & the crime scene apt located 1p to 3p the next day, he had no more than 18 hrs in order to clean the scene, get rid of everything, search/pass out flyers (oh, and get a picture of JR from her family -- has this been vetted?) & talk with friends/people in the complex & sleep . . . hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:fence:

And I recall that he was under LE radar early on . . . like Friday night ! So, how could be sneaking around covertly ?

Remember what Vernon Keenan, GIB Director, told us...this was planned and calculated. RB could have had all cleaning supplies in the apt before hand, trash bags available in apt before, rags to clean up in apt before hand. We don't know what time RB started to help search for her.

One thing you can bet. All of this business with the Canton PD's initial handling of the case and the Sheriff's officers who missed the scene on the first go round will figure prominently in the defense's case :(

Krimekat, I don't think anyone was suspected Friday night, sounds like they were looking for a runaway then. I think it was Sat. afternoon when they defined it as an aduction. I don't think there was anyone in control to process all the tips until GBI came on the scene on Monday.

What I am questioning now is...whose jurisdiction (Canton police or Cherokee Sheriff)? Other towns and counties in Georgia have distinct jurisdictions...does Canton? For example, the "city" is under the control of city police, the county is under control of the Sheriff, colleges/universities are under the control of the campus police.

I am assuming the apt complex is within the city limits and when the Canton Police Chief didn't show up and do his job, the Sheriff took over and called GBI.

I think right here is where the pi$$ing match between Garrison and Lance began. Garrison was critical of Lance and Lance went gunning for him. JMO

Garrison does a jam up job - he is awesome!!!
Lance from what has been "rumored" not so much.
There has been trouble with deputies in Canton before.

This man was a VICTIM!!! they arrested him. April 2010
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/i-team:-controversial-canton-arrest-040710
...."Canton police officers in Hamid Lavassani's store didn't know there were two surveillance cameras that captured the arrest and what the businessman called, racial slurs."....

Atlanta Journal article...
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...=100020825&docId=l:1559306789&isRss=true&Em=4
suggestive of a small department...beyond its resources yet reluctant to cede authority to larger and better-trained agencies, according to current and former law enforcement officials...
Canton Police Chief Jeff Lance did not respond to a detailed email Friday seeking comment on how his department.... ..... conducted its investigation.
...the log says that on Dec. 3, the day after Jorelys vanished
log shows that at 6:18 p.m. the operation was "wrapping up and terminating."

:seeya: this is one reason I am not convinced of RB's guilt.
IMO there is NO WAY he had sufficient time to clean the scene as well as it was. He was out there searching with the same residents blaming him for the crime.
It does not add up!

...."Canton police officers in Hamid Lavassani's store didn't know there were two surveillance cameras that captured the arrest and what the businessman called, racial slurs."....

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...=100020825&docId=l:1559306789&isRss=true&Em=4
suggestive of a small department...beyond its resources yet reluctant to cede authority to larger and better-trained agencies, according to current and former law enforcement officials...
Canton Police Chief Jeff Lance did not respond to a detailed email Friday seeking comment on how his department.... ..... conducted its investigation.

IMO there is NO WAY he had sufficient time to clean the scene as well as it was. He was out there searching with the same residents blaming him for the crime.
It does not add up!

We don't know what time RB was helping search, that could have been Friday night at 10 or 11pm. Police didn't arrive on the scene until after 7pm and this particular apt was searched until Sat. between 1-3pm.

Once the city police got to the Rivera apt Friday evening around 7:30pm, talked with Jorelys' mother and accessed the situation, I feel for sure it took some time to call in others to assist with the search Friday evening.

I think RB had the apt cleaned up BEFORE he went to help search on Friday night because he planned ahead. I don't think RB happened upon Jorelys and thought at the spur of the moment... hey, I will rape her, stab her and throw her in the trash.

If Canton PD was telling us that RB was their man, given what is now coming out about their handling of the initial investigation/search, I might be very doubtful.

That is not the case. GBI Director Keenan is telling us that RB is the guy.

If one looks at their involvement in this case and how very quickly they a) located Jorelys' body, b) located the crime scene that makes me tend to have confidence in their c) arresting RB and saying they feel confident he is the guy.

Keenan has a really good reputation among LE circles from what I can tell. And hey, I just noted he is originally from Waycross! That is where my family's people are from :)

Vernon Keenan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We don't know what time RB was helping search, that could have been Friday night at 10 or 11pm. Police didn't arrive on the scene until after 7pm and this particular apt was searched until Sat. between 1-3pm.

Once the city police got to the Rivera apt Friday evening around 7:30pm, talked with Jorelys' mother and accessed the situation, I feel for sure it took some time to call in others to assist with the search Friday evening.

I think RB had the apt cleaned up BEFORE he went to help search on Friday night because he planned ahead. I don't think RB happened upon Jorelys and thought at the spur of the moment... hey, I will rape her, stab her and throw her in the trash.

Quoting my own post. I might be wrong about the deputy seeing the blood on Sat. CBS Atlanta (the same station that had online press conference that we watched) is reporting the deputy saw the blood on Dec. 4, which would have been Sunday.
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/163...n-jorelys-rivera-search-disciplined-for-error

Please note they did not have the video up when I saw this link. I wish they would attached the entire video of press conference. In the article CBS Atlanta says the blood was seen in the bathroom. I missed that in the press conference.

If anyone got the entire press conference on tape maybe they will upload to youtube. I too missed the presser live and would love to watch it in its entirety.

A day after Rivera went missing, the officers in a volunteer team searching her apartment complex spotted trash in an empty apartment and a small blood stain, as if someone had a nosebleed, Garrison said. At the time, searchers believed Rivera was alive, he said.

The deputies reported the blood 24 hours later, after the Georgia Bureau of Investigation began working on the case.

One of the deputies involved was a trainee. The other was a three-year veteran, who will be disciplined, Garrison said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/15/justice/georgia-slain-girl/?hpt=hp_t2

Quoting my own post. I might be wrong about the deputy seeing the blood on Sat. CBS Atlanta (the same station that had online press conference that we watched) is reporting the deputy saw the blood on Dec. 4, which would have been Sunday.
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/163...n-jorelys-rivera-search-disciplined-for-error

Please note they did not have the video up when I saw this link. I wish they would attached the entire video of press conference. In the article CBS Atlanta says the blood was seen in the bathroom. I missed that in the press conference.

And that is why they were thinking nosebleed. IMO that blood came from cleanup & RB scanned the crime scene for visible blood but forgot to check the bathroom.

It does not add up!

That man in the above quote is not the only one to have dealings with ineffective (that is putting it kindly) officers in the city of Canton. I am all about support of LE, all the time. In this case, I do believe we will find that there is something rotten and not in Denmark. My own informed opinion.

And that is why they were thinking nosebleed. IMO that blood came from cleanup & RB scanned the crime scene for visible blood but forgot to check the bathroom.

IMO the "blood" should have been found Dec 2nd sometime between 8:00 pm and midnight. I would think police/fire fighters could check out the 35 vacant apartments in 4 hours. They had a lot of EMS workers there... knocking on doors...
if blood was not seen until Sat or Sun??? NO EXCUSE!
IT LOOKED like a nosebleed? I hope Jorelys kicked him in the face GOOD!
Guess no one notice if RB sounded stuffy or had blood around his nails.

We do know he was searching Friday night and Saturday- I would think as an employee he was expected to continue the search?
I REALLY wanna know if all employees of River Ridge assisted in the search?

This article makes it sounds like Sat. Dec. 3 was the date deputy saw blood.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/deputy-disciplined-in-rivera-1262039.html
"The deputy, whose name has not been released, is a three-year veteran of the Sheriff's Office and was assisting the Canton Police Department in the search for the 7-year-old girl Dec. 3, the day after she was reported missing, Garrison told the AJC."

Sounds like they are saying the blood was found on Sat. Dec. 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637