IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aliahna’s stepgrandfather said at a candlelight vigil Monday that the girl suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder brought by abuse she suffered on two different occasions last year in Iowa. Story said the people who were responsible were caught by police, but he had no other details.

He said Aliahna felt bad about telling on the men because she didn’t want them to get in trouble. Aliahna also had a history of sleepwalking and vision and hearing problems and had attention-deficit hyperactive disorder, her family said.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20111228/LOCAL07/312289983/1002/LOCAL

Huge, big, bright, bold red flag.

As a parent, what do we teach and imbed in our children if someone hurts or harms them?

That Aliahna "felt bad" about getting these men in trouble -- whoa.
This is veryyyy bothersome, imo.

I think the two little sisters have much to tell. At 6 years old, I'm betting they have been through plenty.

I think we may find out that the abuse A suffered in IA may have been orchestrated and that when A told (or maybe a teacher noticed something amiss), the family needed to leave to remove themselves from suspicion.

I'd like to talk to the men who were charged with abusing A in Iowa. They may have plenty to say if my gut feeling is correct and they weren't alone in this.

Too many coincidences for this not to be the tip of a pedophile iceberg. MOO.

I agree with you. This is going to get uglier by the second. Now, what would be even more effed up is if this POI pleaded guilty, hence stopping the domino effect of uncovering more of what this sweet child, and possibly her sisters, went through.

Let's keep in mind that, while her mom's decision makes NO sense to any of us, the person who confessed to the murder was NOT one of the RSO's in the park, unless I missed something. Does that mean he just didn't get caught? Maybe, but that's only speculation right now. There is a lot of focus on where she was living, but we forget that the suspect is not one of the RSO's. Her mom could have moved anywhere else, without a single RSO nearby and if the suspect was still nearby, she'd still be murdered. It is not necessarily cause and effect, i.e. she moved to an RSO commune and that got her daughter killed. As stupid as that was for her to do (to keep my language PG) it did not necessarily be directly related to the crime at hand. Having her daughter near her RSO family members and the suspect is what led to the murder, perhaps, but not necessarily living in the trailer park (as freaking insane as that was for her to do.)

:bump: from last night

Before I re-open this thread, please review:

1.) NO linking to any Facebook pages except those of the mother and/or perp. Absolutely NO LINKING TO ANY FACEBOOK "SUPPORT" TYPE PAGES unless they have been mod-approved. As of now, there are none of those.

2.) The link to one of those FB pages perpetuated a rampant RUMOR that the mother is paralyzed. I seriously doubt that is the case or MSM would have reported it by now. That is EXACTLY why we don't allow FB discussions from those pages to be brought over here. It confuses the situation and leads to misinformation.

3.) While I completely understand the anger directed toward the mom and grandmother, keep in mind we don't allow bashing for the sake of bashing ANYONE here. I understand as well as anyone the emotional toll the facts of this case are taking, HOWEVER that does not give everyone free reign to relentlessly bash.

I read the last 100 or so posts and removed quite a few - mainly those perpetuating the FB paralyzation rumor. If anyone can provide me a MSM link, we will open it up for discussion. Otherwise, stay away...far away from that discussion.

Thanks.

So, no links/direct quotes to/from FB -- gotta paraphrase, note it's from FB & understand it's social media, and not vetted through MSM.

Is this a correct understanding, beach (or any mod)? Thanks so much ('cause I am chin deep in the FB maze)

I will bet a million dollars it was not Mom or Step dad who turned the guys in too LE in Iowa. Bet she told a teacher about it.

My gut told me these three little girls were being traded or sold when I first heard about this case. Now my brain is telling me the same thing.

Yep yep yep.

That has been my gut feeling since reading about gpa, the trailer park and MP being an old family friend.

And every new tidbit just adds to that feeling. I think also you are dead on about mom and stepdad not being the ones to report it.

Huge, big, bright, bold red flag.

As a parent, what do we teach and imbed in our children if someone hurts or harms them?

That Aliahna "felt bad" about getting these men in trouble -- whoa.
This is veryyyy bothersome, imo.

Another media article when they were still searching said that Ali was fearful of police, I wonder why that was? What made this child trust abusers to the point of not wanting them to get in trouble, yet fearful of police?

--snipped from article--

Aliahna’s stepgrandfather said at a candlelight vigil Monday that the girl suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder brought by abuse she suffered on two different occasions last year in Iowa. Story said the people who were responsible were caught by police, but he had no other details.

He said Aliahna felt bad about telling on the men because she didn’t want them to get in trouble. Aliahna also had a history of sleepwalking and vision and hearing problems and had attention-deficit hyperactive disorder, her family said.

OMG
Was this babygirl passed from man to man?? This is insane!
Today I feel pedophiles should be LWOP, DP or perhaps even vigilante justice.
Aliahna, I know you feel the love and protection of God and his angels now.
I wish you had been protected on earth. imoo

I will bet a million dollars it was not Mom or Step dad who turned the guys in too LE in Iowa. Bet she told a teacher about it.

My gut told me these three little girls were being traded or sold when I first heard about this case. Now my brain is telling me the same thing.

I don't know if you're right or not, but it would explain why the boy children were left at home and the monster only had the 3 little girls

Yep yep yep.

That has been my gut feeling since reading about gpa, the trailer park and MP being an old family friend.

And every new tidbit just adds to that feeling. I think also you are dead on about mom and stepdad not being the ones to report it.

The other children need to be removed asap. Where is LE and CPS? Anyone think they are working to protect the other children. imoo

Yep yep yep.

Would not be surprised to hear it was " trusted family friends they had known for years" in Iowa.

If this new information is correct, and it seems that it is, wouldn't a couple of trials be coming up soon? Would this baby be needed for testimony?

There is no such thing as an RSO free area. That is what people need to understand. NO SUCH THING. Even if they don't live next door, they do patronize the same businesses, get gas at the same stations, and eat at the same restaurants, unless it is specifically a child oriented business. There is no way around that. Whether you have 500 RSO's around you or whether you have 5, the only thing to do is to practice hyper-vigilance all the time. I am a hyper vigilant parent (650 RSO's will do that to ya.) We went to my aunt's home for Christmas one year, she lives in a nice safe little gated community that contains 0 RSO's, in a nice safe little town that only includes one RSO (and he's about 80.) We stopped in this safe little town so that my daughter could use the bathroom. I went into the bathroom with her, as I do with all public restrooms, but when we came out, my cell phone was ringing. I answered the phone, and she stepped 4 steps away to get a drink from the fountain. Yes, there was a man standing there, my mind registered him, but I assumed he was waiting for someone that was in the bathroom. I took my eyes off my daughter for a matter of seconds, and in those few seconds, the guy crouched down and grabbed her leg, and tried to pull down her zipper. And she reacted just the way I had taught her. At the top of her lungs, she screamed "Get your *advertiser censored***** hands off me. Mommy, this son of a b**** tried to take off my pants." (I have taught my children to scream obscenities to garner attention should they ever need it. They also know how to wet themselves and throw up at will.)

45 seconds I took my eyes off my child. It will never happen again. I dropped my guard, that's all it takes. No matter where you live, or how many are on the registry, there are many, many more that are not on the registry. No where is safe, and no person is safe, and that is the harsh reality of this world.

WOODY TRIPP, FORMER POLICE COMMANDER, POLYGRAPH EXPERT: I don`t even know where to begin with this, it`s so horrific. But one thing that we -- and I know we can`t bring them to the kind of justice that we want. But it goes back to the parents. We`re the only thing that stands between them and the monsters that are out there are us, the parents.

So this parent, this is unconscionable and as an investigator, what a horrific crime. I just -- I don`t know what else to say, Nancy.

GRACE: You know the way you said that, that we the parents are the only ones that stand between our children and them.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/27/ng.01.html

That is, *IF* we stand between our children and them.

Another media article when they were still searching said that Ali was fearful of police, I wonder why that was? What made this child trust abusers to the point of not wanting them to get in trouble, yet fearful of police?

Makes me wonder if maybe she was interviewed after the other abuse by officers that were not trained to interview children, or if the abusers told her that the police were to be feared. Or maybe I should be wondering about the profession of the other abusers?

I am guessing I cannot locate the correct FB pages, cause I have not seen anything about them. I did find MP's page, but that was it, the others are private it seems.

Children are taught to fear by whomever raises them . . . IMHO only

I don't know if you're right or not, but it would explain why the boy children were left at home and the monster only had the 3 little girls

---she also has boys?? when did we know this ?? do we know their ages and who their baby-daddy happens to be?

Makes me wonder if maybe she was interviewed after the other abuse by officers that were not trained to interview children, or if the abusers told her that the police were to be feared. Or maybe I should be wondering about the profession of the other abusers?
My thinking runs to who mom and dad trusted and didnt trust. I generally trust the police and distrust strangers & my children do the same likewise if instead I trusted strangers/weird people and distrusted the police my children would follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ