IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me wonder if maybe she was interviewed after the other abuse by officers that were not trained to interview children, or if the abusers told her that the police were to be feared. Or maybe I should be wondering about the profession of the other abusers?

I could of sworn I heard Fries say on Nancy Grace they have pulled in forensic psychologists to question the other girls.

Now we have a statement from "grandpa" saying that Aliahna was "scared to tell and get the men in trouble."

it's fair for me to assume, as an outsider, it's not going to be easy to garner the trust of these children. Just a mild hunch I have. I also am to speculate this is why they haven't tried to examine these girls either.

I too think they have a story to tell - but I am praying as hard as I can that they didn't hear/see anything the day their sister died. I am praying so hard.

This family does NOT DESERVE these children- never have. And, I am very confident that the state of IN is going to know that as well.

OK, color me confused about this whole thing. These kids weren't little, so they didn't need to go to a neighbor's house for a week because their mom had the flu. Good lord, I became a single parent when mine were 2 and 5 (roughly) and I worked full time. Worst case scenario when I was sick? Frozen dinners and they probably didn't brush their teeth but...they got to school/day care and we all survived. I don't get the impression that these girls were exactly doted on anyway...so they could slap together a sandwich and sit in front of the TV whether mom was sick or not.
Also, I understand being poor and needing to live where you can afford to live, but if the mom was indeed worried about living there, why didn't she sell the trailer when her father died and MOVE? She was living in a pedophile haven with children. I understand she originally moved there to care for her own sex offender father (I am not going to go there with the family dynamics) but he died. Move on.
I understand that ultimately the murderer is responsibly for murdering this precious soul, but it's like your child play in the highway, and then the child gets hit by a speeding car. Yes, the speeding car is responsible, but why was your kid in the highway?

ETA: Not to get preachy, but it is also likely that this family was on the dole for Ali. The GOOD dole, SSI, since she had some disabilities. (It is around $500 a month) So she was getting paid to care for that child, but was actually pawning her off on whoever would take her so she could lie around playing on the computer or whatever.

Makes me wonder if maybe she was interviewed after the other abuse by officers that were not trained to interview children, or if the abusers told her that the police were to be feared. Or maybe I should be wondering about the profession of the other abusers?

BBM

This.

I am guessing I cannot locate the correct FB pages, cause I have not seen anything about them. I did find MP's page, but that was it, the others are private it seems.

Well, if it was my FB page, it would be so private that only my friends could access it. But until late last night most of the families' pages were OPEN & everything could be seen (even the virtual games they've been playing).

Hopefully, someone wised up & set some privacy controls on their FB pages (duh) . . . so glad I befriend people early on (well, my cat did)!

She was probably told not to talk to the police by other adults in her life. I can bet she was taught about Police in school and maybe even wanted to tell them what was happening to her but her other adults told her that to do so, she would 'get them in trouble.' I also wonder if she said she was going to 'tell on' MP and that's what threw him over the edge - just speculating what would make someone do that when it seems not pre-medidated.

The mother moving to a park full of RSO doesn't surprise me. Come on, we are assuming that she has at least an average IQ (and I'm not trying to be insulting here) and that she is somewhat educated or had any love herself growing up. Remember, these people do not value their own lives, how can they value a little childs? They don't care, punishment does not work, because they are numb to it.

Children are taught to fear by whomever raises them . . . IMHO only

I highly disagree. A child can be raised in a caring, loving home and learn fear from a bully, a pedophile, an emotional abusing person. imoo

I agree, it could very well be the family that taught her to fear the police, but it could also be related to the past abuse.

I am very, very curious as to who the outcry witness was in the past abuse case. Did she tell her mom, and mom went to the police, or did she say something to someone else, outside of her home, possibly were they caught in the act? How many times did she have to tell before something was done, and how many signs were missed at the time that the abuse was ongoing?

I think that would tell us more about the family and the dynamic than other info. I doubt we will ever find out, but it's the burning question for me.

Was it reported that the grandfather was a RSO also. The picture that is shown over and over of AL looks to be at a funeral near a casket. I hate seeing that picture of a smiling child near a casket with a RSO even if it was her grandfather.

I will just say in general that how could a woman stay married to a RSO... The grandfather would be the deceased husband of the grandmother that was on NG that defending MP, correct?

Parents are the first line of Defense in protecting their children. Parent's who do Parent and aren't abusers themselves. Even then horrific things can and do happen. Seems these children dont/didn't have a Prayer. This case is just getting worse and what else dont we know. It's just ripping me apart.

Huge, big, bright, bold red flag.

As a parent, what do we teach and imbed in our children if someone hurts or harms them?

That Aliahna "felt bad" about getting these men in trouble -- whoa.
This is veryyyy bothersome, imo.

But VERY typical.

Molesters are many time people that the child knows, trusts, relies on. The molesters "groom" these kids and they (kids) are unable to sort through the turmoil and feelings that they have.

You can teach, imbed, whatever you like, the fact is that MOST victims will not say anything at all, or feel bad when they do and the perp is in trouble and the whole family 'order' is disrupted. What their abuser told them will happen comes to pass .. everyone is upset and it's their (the victim's) fault for telling.

The statistics are STAGGERING, and chances are there are many people reading this board (male and female) that were victims of childhood abuse and STILL have never told anyone.

I am part of a ministry that counsels adult victims of childhood sexual abuse. My experience in this has taught me many many things about the diversity of people that have experienced such abuse.

What drives victims to not tell as children is usually the result of insidious 'grooming' by the perp. What keeps them from telling once they become adults is shame and fear of the stigma and judgement attached to sexual abuse victims (especially for men).

Many of these children grow up with anger issues, trust issues, control issues, substance abuse issues and a tendency to sabotage important relationships in their own lives.

I encourage anyone with this secret to tell - tell. Again, the statistics are staggering and there are many many many people out there that have experienced what you have.

Little Ali barely had a chance at life. I hope her sisters are able to grow up to happy well adjusted adults.

God bless them ...

I do want to know how Aliahna lost part of her sight and hearing :furious: I think.

---she also has boys?? when did we know this ?? do we know their ages and who their baby-daddy happens to be?

there are posts in this thread (Thread #2) which indicate other children who MAY be living in the house from time to time . . . we determined this through FB postings of family members (g-parents, step-daddies/"father figures", etc).

I'd go back through the thread to find it for ya, but . . . I am trying to get the Media Reference thread populated with some reference material so we don't have to go through so many pages of stuff.

Please remember that thread (no discussion) & help add pertinent info - Thanks!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7465866#post7465866"]IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, MEDIA LINKS & TIMELINES, NO DISCUSSION[/ame]

Was it reported that the grandfather was a RSO also. The picture that is shown over and over of AL looks to be at a funeral near a casket. I hate seeing that picture of a smiling child near a casket with a RSO even if it was her grandfather.

I will just say in general that how could a woman stay married to a RSO... The grandfather would be the deceased husband of the grandmother that was on NG that defending MP, correct?

I'd rather see her smiling next to his casket than in any other situation with him. At least at that point, she was safe from him. JMO.

Wonder if MP was the only adult male non RSO in the trailer park?

Wonder if MP was the only adult male non RSO in the trailer park?

Forgive me for the lack of a link, I think it might have been the MSN article I linked to last night, that said that there were only like 24-25 trailers in the park, and that 15 of them were inhabited by RSO's. It's possible. If he wasn't the only one that wasn't an RSO at the time, he was likely one of a very small minority. MOO.

--grandmother AStory didn't stay married to (RSO james lemmon) him ( if she ever was )--she's married to step grandfather DStory---they live in jacksonville.

many links to support Lemmon, the gpa, was an RSO

Please know this is from FB . . .

Lemmon HAD been married to A Story who was interviewed on NG & defended MP. When married/divorced? don't know

but she remarried D Story in FL IIRC Jun 2009 (FB pics note this) and comments note that it had been a long time coming (?)

Some of the family members' STILL have open pages out there - do we have a "Cast of Characters" in the Time Line Thread, yet?

I think this case is alot like Shaniya Davis's case. Except with a larger pool of people who are aware of what has been happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675