State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-24-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not Grit either but my understanding is only if the DT does not present a case do they get to go last. I've never seen that done, but I guess if the PT has an extremely weak case that could pay off.

I've only seen it happen once, in the trial last year of Lawrence Lovette, who was found guilty of the murder of UNC student body president Eve Carson. The evidence was strong and I was surprised he didn't take a plea deal like Demario Atwater did. His attorneys did not present a defense and as such they were allowed to go last in the closing arguments. The jury found him guilty of Murder 1, kidnapping, robbery, and several other charges and he got LWOP.

Everytime I have been in that courtroom I was freezing. It is always cold in there but Klink seems to always be sweating. Maybe he is worried he client is going to prison??

I would seriously doubt that this would be the case.

People sweat. Sometimes it is related to an unlying health issue and it does not matter if you are heavy or slight.

I know as I sweat all the time and quite frankly it is embarassing and it is related to a health issue thus I take issue with comments like this.

So terrifying. What happened in the old days before all this technology?
People used common sense and put the pieces of the puzzle together. There are many pieces to this puzzle. One need only to put them together. Unfortunately those days are over.

Yes it is terrifying considering the number of individuals that were falsely accused/convicted.

Man you can even be convicted when a friend has a "Dream" such as in the Ryan Ferguson case. He was convicted on this friends testimony of which he has now recanted yet he still remains in prison awaiting a hearing...

It is very chilling to listen to MF's testimony about finding her sister. I just can't imagine how awful that was for her.
MY was not raped. All clothing was found intact. The only items missing were her wedding rings which were removed from her finger and two drawers from a jewelry box. And $500.00 cash in JY's closet.
I don't have a theory about alternate perps because from the moment this case broke on the news I have felt he is guilty. There is no evidence whatsoever pointing to anybody else who have the opportunity, means and motive to murder MY. The biggest problem I have with both the first trial and this trial is the prosecutors. They, in my opinion, are simply awful.

My heart breaks for MF and CY, what they both went through at the hands of that !!! And because these two experienced this horrific event together, in a way, gives me even more comfort that MF has custody... They forever have this in common. When a person experiences a traumatic event the isolation and loneliness they go through, feeling like there's no one you can relate to, is often a big roadblock in their recovery process. They will need each other, and because of this shared experience it will help little CY in being able to form that special bond that so many young victims of violent crimes are unable to form after something like this... When she's older, MF is the only person that can tell CY, "I understand how you feel," and have it mean anything. I'm thankful they have each other.

As far as having an alternate theory.... I think some of the best evidence in this case is the lack of evidence, which tells me that whatever the theory is, the only reasonable conclusion is jy did it, and jy did it alone.

BBM Well Cammy I do actually agree with you on something. I think they stopped to regroup too. They Knew LE was waiting and wanted to be sure their story was together.

Why would they stop to get their story straight?

They had a 5 hour drive to do that.

I'm amazed at the number of disparaging remarks directed towards Gracie and her *memory*, compared with the amount of misstatements about the facts of this case on these boards. How anyone can refer to Gracie as 'brain damaged' & 'having memory issues' after reading the continual mis-stating of the evidence here alludes me. :(

Most of the remarks (although I have seen some) are directed towards how reliable her testimony is not Gracie herself.

I believe Gracie is truly wanting to help but I simply cannot put much weight into what she says due to the changing testimony and especially the agents's own notes which were underlined repeatedly.

I have compiled a list of reasonable doubt over the years and am almost prepared to post promptly over the weekend, before the defense starts their powerful and gripping performances.

Or , is that the Oscars this weekend?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Can we make a bet on the odds? Of the Oscars that is lol

I think that investigators should have gone to all the places that Jason visited and collected surveillance images. The fact that they didn't collect the clothes that Jason was wearing when he returned to Raleigh, and did not request the clothes that Jason was wearing at any time after the murder, is a problem since the prosecution is now arguing that certain clothes are missing. Clothes may be missing and they may not be, but it cannot be concluded that clothes were missing when not all of the clothes were requested and collected.

Once again Otto I have to agree.

Funny, I have had little doubt Jay murdered Michelle since the autopsy was released 1/2007.
When I heard this past May there was actually an eye witness seeing him buying gas, it was just gravy.

The eye witness testimony I'm not sure I put much faith in however, what hits home to me are the bizarre set of coincidences. By that I mean the camera issue at the hotel, the missing clothing, the clean up of the child,and the increase in life insurance. Add to that his seeming hatred toward Michelle, the infidelities and testimony of violence with a past fiancé and its IMO damning. In some ways, I'm reminded of the Jeffery macdonald case. The fact that there are a few pieces of evidence that do not implicate him doesn't override the overwhelming evidence that points to him.

eta: sorry, I'm a newbie. I was responding to a reply from Otto and forgot to include the quote.

Weren't LE waiting for him when they arrived? Nothing was removed from the vehicle or the defense would have suggested that in the first trial. The DT never provided a reason for the missing shirt/clothes.

Was LE waiting for Jason at Meredith's house?

The eye witness testimony I'm not sure I put much faith in however, what hits home to me are the bizarre set of coincidences. By that I mean the camera issue at the hotel, the missing clothing, the clean up of the child,and the increase in life insurance. Add to that his seeming hatred toward Michelle, the infidelities and testimony of violence with a past fiancé and its IMO damning. In some ways, I'm reminded of the Jeffery macdonald case. The fact that there are a few pieces of evidence that do not implicate him doesn't override the overwhelming evidence that points to him.

Agree. JY improved on MacDonald by attempting an alibi, and coming up with the "my shoes are gone and no reason there are trash bags on the counter so there's no bloody evidence downstairs at all" story leading to the competing theory that a floating goth killer did the deed, or passing allusions to persons obviously innocent.

Agree. JY improved on MacDonald by attempting an alibi, and coming up with the "my shoes are gone and no reason there are trash bags on the counter so there's no bloody evidence downstairs at all" story leading to the competing theory that a floating goth killer did the deed, or passing allusions to persons obviously innocent.

Floating goth killers, enraged rapists who lash out that a pregnant woman ruined their sexual fantasy, maniacal meth addicts who are surprisingly meticulous and clean up really well, and today we heard about a daycare teacher with possibly dark motives, any of whom could be the actual murderer! You just can't make this stuff up! When the gal starts testifying about an alleged bushy haired stranger maybe people will start pointing fingers at the Unabomber??? Lol!!!

Was LE waiting for Jason at Meredith's house?

Based on what Jay's mentor said, the marked WCSO units arrived right behind the clan (assume they were parked nearby waiting to intercept the white SUV)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jason goes into the house to be with Cassie. Immediately afterward a swarm of police cars swoop down on the driveway, bubblegum lights flashing, lighting up the neighborhood. Jason’s mother and other family members are in the process of taking their suitcases out of the car when a policeman orders them to stop.

“What do you think you’re doing?” This to a mother and grandmother.

“We’re going to a motel to spend the night. We need our suitcases.”

“You’re not going anywhere with those suitcases.”

“Well, can I get my blood pressure medicine and wallet out of the car?”“No, you can’t. We’re going to search everything in this car. You will eventually get it all back.”

And so forth. Believe me, it really did happen like this. Not only was Jason treated like a criminal from the very beginning, but the rest of his family were treated like conspirators! Eventually Mrs. Young was permitted to retrieve her medicine, but her pocketbook, money, I.D. were not returned until the next day. If I had been there (I got this second hand from someone who was there) I reckon I would have been arrested for assaulting a police officer for the way Mrs. Young was treated.

Now, Jason knows this is happening outside, but he stays in the house with Cassie and his friends. At this point, do you think you would have second or third thoughts about talking with any of the LE people?"

Floating goth killers, enraged rapists who lash out that a pregnant woman ruined their sexual fantasy, maniacal meth addicts who are surprisingly meticulous and clean up really well, and today we heard about a daycare teacher with possibly dark motives, any of whom could be the actual murderer! You just can't make this stuff up! When the gal starts testifying about an alleged bushy haired stranger maybe people will start pointing fingers at the Unabomber??? Lol!!!

Yeah the daycare worker allusion was a low blow. When you read or hear things like that, you realize that sometimes reality just will not be allowed to intrude upon a preconceived notion.

You see that on anything I guess, like the loons claiming a missile hit the pentagon instead of the jet. They persist in spite of all reason, logic, facts, evidence, etc., and they always come up with a new spin.

Imagining the frustrated rapist as a way to explain away the evidence is one thing - that would be like the G side imagining JY knew a shortcut as a way to reduce the travel time to an hour, pointing fingers toward real people who were in their own ways victims in this is another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member