State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-24-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah, not like any LE could report as to his clothing.

And the whole Y family at large seems to think that look-alike clothes and shoes are pretty much good as the real thing, so it'd be awfully difficult to trust that they'd straight up hand over a bundle of clothing and have it be the real deal.

It would not have been possible to produce the dark jersey with the stripe and the HP Orbitals because they are in a landfill somewhere. IMO.

JTF, that story would be cooler if it had a black helicopter in it!

It would not have been possible to produce the dark jersey with the stripe and the HP Orbitals because they are in a landfill somewhere. IMO.

A little landfill JY likes to call "Goodwill." :rocker:

BBM. Good I'm glad.

The justice system does work, most of the time unless if your name is Casey Anthony or OJ. Truly it does. But it only works as well as the jurors who promise to do their duty.

It's important to note that if just one common sense thinking juror sat on the Anthony case we would have had a different outcome. Or on the flip side if a truly innocent defendant is standing trial it takes only one juror to keep an injustice from being carried out.

Juries ARE the backbone to making the legal system work.

I think Casey Anthony killed her daughter, and I think her behavior was completely bizarre, but the trial wasn't about what I or anyone else including the jury thinks happened to little Caylee.

The jury looked at the evidence in its totality and didn't see proof beyond a reasonable doubt. I think that means the justice system did work in this case because they were able to look past their emotions and make a decision based on the evidence.

I have similar feelings about this case except that I don't have a solid opinion as to whether or not I think JY actually committed the crime.

I have the feeling the postal worker will have a much harder time with her testimony this time. When she steps off the stand, she will wonder why she ever inserted herself into the case.

The prosecution has presented shoes not inconsistent with shoes that Jason owned 1.5 years earlier. I have to agree with Jason here ... after a year, shoes need to be replaced.

Wow....I feel really, poor, or something. I haven't bought a new pair in over 2 years. My shoes look and last just fine. My work shoes and my tennies. So I don't quite agree with that one. Is that what he said??

I think Casey Anthony killed her daughter, and I think her behavior was completely bizarre, but the trial wasn't about what I or anyone else including the jury thinks happened to little Caylee.

The jury looked at the evidence in its totality and didn't see proof beyond a reasonable doubt. I think that means the justice system did work in this case because they were able to look past their emotions and make a decision based on the evidence.

I have similar feelings about this case except that I don't have a solid opinion as to whether or not I think JY actually committed the crime.

BBM I disagree. The pinellas 12 did not take notes and did not ask to see one piece of evidence. How many trials do you know of that the jury asked no questions, took no notes, and did not ask to see one piece of evidence? I pray that this jury does their job and looks at all the evidence and uses their common sense.

The eye witness testimony I'm not sure I put much faith in however, what hits home to me are the bizarre set of coincidences. By that I mean the camera issue at the hotel, the missing clothing, the clean up of the child,and the increase in life insurance. Add to that his seeming hatred toward Michelle, the infidelities and testimony of violence with a past fiancé and its IMO damning. In some ways, I'm reminded of the Jeffery macdonald case. The fact that there are a few pieces of evidence that do not implicate him doesn't override the overwhelming evidence that points to him.

eta: sorry, I'm a newbie. I was responding to a reply from Otto and forgot to include the quote.

I don't believe that the child was cleaned up. She was able to use the taps and wash her hands and face (daycare employee), she had the step stool at home so she could reach the taps, she talked about a wash cloth, her feet were cleaner - but not cleaned in the way an adult would clean them (not actually clean), there is no evidence that anyone was in the bathroom with her ... nothing suggests that she was cleaned. There were bloody prints from the bathroom to the master bedroom. Her bloody socks were on the floor in the bathroom and two child's mismatched shoes were in the master bedroom bed.

Theories about someone cleaning the child's feet include that she was carried through the office, through the bonus room, down the stairs, into the garage, out the back door of the garage and then her feet were washed in an outdoor hose in the middle of a November night. That's way to much of a stretch for me to believe. Another theory is that baby wipes were used, but none are in evidence. The child was toilet trained but wore a diaper at night, so she could have removed her own diaper. There was blood on her pyjamas.

I don't see any evidence that someone cleaned the child.

Is it really believeable that the guy walked around telling everyone - including the daycare employee - that his marriage was miserable and he was on the phone non-stop with his girlfriend (before and after the murder - other than when they were sleeping) and then he murdered his wife? That's a bit careless of him, but wait, at the same time he's very organized to stage shoe prints for someone with much smaller feet ... and he's completely unorganized in this pre-meditated murder and he doesn't have enough gas to make the trip.

Let's throw in the gas attendant ... the only gas station with someone that remembers Jason but, oh dear, there's no video surveillance ... but wait, she agrees with the police. When she is shown a picture of Jason, yep, that's the guy. She's asked if she saw a white vehicle ... yep, she sure did. As time went on, she added that he was wearing jeans and even managed to change his height from 5' to 6'. She was rehabilitated as time went on until she was the perfect eye witness until ... oops, she had a brain injury as a child that resulted in permanent memory difficulties. When questioned months before the trial, she couldn't remember anything about the customer but wait ... during trial, she remembered everything that police wanted her to say. It must be a very strange memory problem where everything is forgotten but suddenly, during trial, it's all crystal clear ... how did that happen?

BBM I disagree. The pinellas 12 did not take notes and did not ask to see one piece of evidence. How many trials do you know of that the jury asked no questions, took no notes, and did not ask to see one piece of evidence? I pray that this jury does their job and looks at all the evidence and uses their common sense.

The jurors didn't take notes at all?

Wow....I feel really, poor, or something. I haven't bought a new pair in over 2 years. My shoes look and last just fine. My work shoes and my tennies. So I don't quite agree with that one. Is that what he said??

I think he just said MY gave them to goodwill. Like you, myself and most people I know maintain shoes for long periods of time and not because we can't get new ones. When you have a lot, like JY did, it's no problem.

Why would they stop to get their story straight?

They had a 5 hour drive to do that.

After JY's friend called him and told him LE was asking all the friends questions and that it sounded like they thought Jason did it, JY needed to talk to his mommy and get his story in sync with hers, and the rest of the Young clan.

The eye witness testimony I'm not sure I put much faith in however, what hits home to me are the bizarre set of coincidences. By that I mean the camera issue at the hotel, the missing clothing, the clean up of the child,and the increase in life insurance. Add to that his seeming hatred toward Michelle, the infidelities and testimony of violence with a past fiancé and its IMO damning. In some ways, I'm reminded of the Jeffery macdonald case. The fact that there are a few pieces of evidence that do not implicate him doesn't override the overwhelming evidence that points to him.

eta: sorry, I'm a newbie. I was responding to a reply from Otto and forgot to include the quote.

Another one of the many coincidences is the gas station clerk, because she says he was there around 5:30, and it is about a hours drive from there to the hotel. The hotel camera was found tilted up towards the ceiling around 6:30, the same time JY would be arriving from gas station/raleigh. Also, JY said he ate breakfast in the hotel lobby, where the cameras would have captured his picture, so he lied about that, too.

I think he just said MY gave them to goodwill. Like you, myself and most people I know maintain shoes for long periods of time and not because we can't get new ones. When you have a lot, like JY did, it's no problem.

He had a detailed lie....said the leather must have been fake and polish would no longer help, so he told MY to include them in her Goodwill deposit.

Too bad he set that in stone, cause Collins can't argue the real killer took the shoes from his closet or that he was actually wearing them when he arrived at MF's.

Does anyone know where I can read the testimony of when she found MY? I'm too tired and mad to search much, I'll admit it. Thanks!!

Yeah the daycare worker allusion was a low blow. When you read or hear things like that, you realize that sometimes reality just will not be allowed to intrude upon a preconceived notion.

You see that on anything I guess, like the loons claiming a missile hit the pentagon instead of the jet. They persist in spite of all reason, logic, facts, evidence, etc., and they always come up with a new spin.

Imagining the frustrated rapist as a way to explain away the evidence is one thing - that would be like the G side imagining JY knew a shortcut as a way to reduce the travel time to an hour, pointing fingers toward real people who were in their own ways victims in this is another.
The loons. Ah, the spinning loons. An apt description.

well here again its in the eyes of the beholder, not sure everyone replaces shoes in a given timeframe, different factors enter into the decision.

He had a detailed lie....said the leather must have been fake and polish would no longer help, so he told MY to include them in her Goodwill deposit.

Too bad he set that in stone, cause Collins can't argue the real killer took the shoes from his closet or that he was actually wearing them when he arrived at MF's.

Ah, he told her to do it.

Well that state hasn't proven the stranger killer didn't remove them from a possible bag downstairs and wear them to frame JY and then take them from the scene. I think that was one possibility to explain it away until it was just decided to go with chinese knock offs or there are so many like it it could have been anyone theories.

If only, when he was throwing away his night outfit, JY had run into the killer throwing away those HPs the crime could finally be solved!

Everytime I have been in that courtroom I was freezing. It is always cold in there but Klink seems to always be sweating. Maybe he is worried he client is going to prison??

That courtroom is ALWAYS cold, but in every trial I've been in there before, the attorneys are always complaining of being too warm. Even in BC trial they were all shedding jackets. Maybe all the computers pushing around the hot air. Or... could be another source of hot air.

The jurors didn't take notes at all?

During the A trial, the media continuously tweeted that they were not taking notes. Occasionally the media would report one or two jurors taking a few notes. A poster was at the trial daily and reported what she saw.It was discussed a lot during the trial. With all the testimony and complicated forensics how could anyone evaluate the evidence?

Someone posted earlier that this jury studied the evidence for 30 minutes today. We also heard them asking the judge questions. That gives me hope that, regardless of what their decision is, they are taking their job seriously.

With all due respect, <modsnip> I know at least one Florida prosecutor who was not surprised at all by the Anthony jury's decision. He didn't blame the jury, he blamed the prosecution team.

A jury doesn't lose a case, attorneys lose it.

JMO

I don't think this is anything that can be answered with such a generalization. Prosecutors can try a case with compelling evidence, put it to the jury in a way that it's clear to them what exactly happened, and still juries can come back with a NG verdict. It all depends on the Attorney, the attorneys ability to present their case clearly, the evidence and of course the jury and no way can you say it's always the attorneys who "lose" the case, the outcome is a mix of everyone and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420