State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-27-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed that trooper, so I missed the impact of that.

I did see the applebees was a strategy break rather than dinner. Matter of fact, if his mom was driving the deal about stopping to call a lawyer (and she may have been) I wouldn't hold that part against him.

(snip)

Hi! PY says she asked JM to drive because she trusts him to drive (insert detailed explanation here).

I am a little perplexed by the attempts of the young family for an academy award. maybe its the time of year? But JY was pretty obvious for his disdain for his wife. It seems like the rest of his family did also. So why the charade. Not everyone likes everyone. If they had a problem with MY why sugarcoat it. They would be more believable and authentic if they spoke as they conducted themselves while MY was alive. I understand its a delicate situation but truthfulness is never wrong.

Yes love is/can be blind...

I hope I do this right... If I'm not allowed to post a link or part of it please let me know..

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/love-is-blind.html

Modern-day research supports the view that the blindness of love is not just a figurative matter. A research study in 2004 by University College London found that feelings of love suppressed the activity of the areas of the brain that control critical thought

Very interesting thanks for the post.

I am a little perplexed by the attempts of the young family for an academy award. maybe its the time of year? But JY was pretty obvious for his disdain for his wife. It seems like the rest of his family did also. So why the charade. Not everyone likes everyone. If they had a problem with MY why sugarcoat it. They would be more believable and authentic if they spoke as they conducted themselves while MY was alive. I understand its a delicate situation but truthfulness is never wrong.

I'm confused ... do we know that Jason's family disliked Michelle? I don't recall any testimony about that.

I too would love to know more about the man's platinum wedding band that is reported to be missing from the house as well. How in the heck can JY or his family explain that one? He went on a work trip and decided to not wear his wedding band? And MY was cool with this after her knowledge of his numerous affairs? I really don't think so. Also, from that list the missing jewlry appears to be from either a jewlry box or MY's ring finger on her left hand so where in the heck was this man's wedding band at? Did JY just happen to have it stashed in his new wallet with his $500 cash in his closet? As someone upthread pointed out.......something is reallllllly stinky.

MOO

She is trying to convince us how wonderful she and her family are when they treated MF so horribly by not allowing them to come to Brevard for Thanksgiving? I hope the State will cover that. Plus what is this about money JY had? I had meeting until a few minutes ago so I missed the earlier testimony. Thanks

I'm still catching up reading the thread today but needed to quote you here..I agree...I'm blown away by people being so rude that they couldn't invite their daughter's mother to Thanksgiving. Is it that big a deal? JY was going to take a free vacation to Disney from LF around Thanksgiving but can't have her at a meal when it meant a lot to his pregnant wife?

Not sure why I'm so surprised -- the Young's don't seem very warm to me and JY's actions showed hatred toward Michelle - especially that last month.

It's hard out here for an imp!

If Amanda Knox can be called an Eskimo during trial in Italy to explain her post-murder behavior, then Jason can be called an Imp during trial in NC to explain his childhood behavior, n'est pas?

I too would love to know more about the man's platinum wedding band that is reported to be missing from the house as well. How in the heck can JY or his family explain that one? He went on a work trip and decided to not wear his wedding band? And MY was cool with this after her knowledge of his numerous affairs? I really don't think so. Also, from that list the missing jewlry appears to be from either a jewlry box or MY's ring finger on her left hand so where in the heck was this man's wedding band at? Did JY just happen to have it stashed in his new wallet with his $500 cash in his closet? As someone upthread pointed out.......something is reallllllly stinky.

MOO

Wasn't he was wearing his wedding band at the funeral?

c-x = cross exam.

that story went well off the rails, imo, when they said the 80 yr old chick went down to the ground as if doubled over in laughter, reflecting her genuine amusement. At that, I had to stop the car, pause the iphone, go to a pawn shop and rent a banjo, and then play that testimony over while strumming some bars from Deliverance, and then it was a little more understandable.

:floorlaugh:

Wasn't he was wearing his wedding band at the funeral?

No idea. However Cammy posted a list of the things that MaY listed as missing from the house somewhere upthread and on that list was a man's platinum wedding band. Also listed were alot of MY's jewlry and of course the new wallet with the $500 cash.

Exactly... that would've made all the other subtle points they were trying to make more credible. Their testimony was unrealistic, given what the jury just learned about him, and some of his actions, during the state's case.

This is a List of items that Pat Young gave to LE that were missing from the Young home.

a white and yellow gold bracelet
an egg shaped sterling jewelry box
man's platinum wedding band
a platinum 2-3 carat diamond ring
a pair of diamond earrings
a pearl necklace
$500.00 in cash in a new wallet in Jason's closet

These items still have never been recovered or accounted for.

So, I don't know how this will be addressed, maybe through PY.?

Bumping post and bolding the part that makes no sense to me.

I just attempted to post a really long post about today.

My internet is having a midlife and is out buying a vet and looking for a blonde secretary. My apologies if it posts and this looks like a repeat.

The testimony that was ringing hollow looks like a lot of the foundation needed to directly rebut what the pros is saying.

The defense doesn't have to do anything for a hung jury at this point. The prosecution has steadily shot holes in their own case. Questions below are rhetorical.

1) So, the accident that was a murder attempt wasn't or was an accident. Was the life insurance the motive then? Or was it not paid up yet?
2) The Hushpuppy soles have a two size variable and are available on other shoes and in knock off form, but you want me to believe this might be maybe a match to his shoes overrides the other prints, the other DNA and the other fingerprints at the scene because there were only 187 pairs made available in the state of that shoe? And how many of the others?
3) Where exactly is the clothing that is missing that was asked for after the fact and ummmm maybe was seized wasn't seized could be in a dumpster behind the gas station that your only eye witness that made sense was possibly confronted by the defendant in imp (much shorter) form at 5 in the morning and how many times did you visit her?
4) Why didn't you just sum up the gas by saying he met his accomplice/accompli and they drove in together?
5) Was there lights on in the morning or not?
6) Okay, he was an ******* and a momma's boy who talked to a lot of women on his phone and had condoms in his overnight bag, but he managed not to leave any evidence of murder on his person, in his vehicle, in his hotel room or in any place that you could find it?
7) He took care of his daughter, left her alive, cleaned her up, but decided she should be best running around for the next 12 hours diaper less?
8) So, he was motivated by money, but concerned he might lose everything?
9) He stopped at Applebee's and got skeered because his wife was dead (and unborn child) and cops were already asking questions about him and he wanted a lawyer?
10) He actually testified in his own defense. And then, rather than forcing him to testify AGAIN, in the second trial, you SHOW the jury that testimony and plant the seed in there minds that this show has already been done and you are still trying him?
11) His stepdad has that many guns and he needed to bludgeon her to death, but he probably could have taken one of those guns and no one would have noticed there were so many?
12) You have now said "ummmm" 786,482 times in the last three weeks. Makes me say ummmm too.
13) You went so far as to show me the little girl, who was diaper less and likely hiding, saw the murder, and chose to interact it with two women dolls and a chair?
14) How much did all this investigating cost? How much is this trial costing? How much did the first trial cost?
15) Why does this guy like his butt and his penis so much and why do we keep hearing about it?
16) He's smart enough to do all that other stuff, but not smart enough to realize they will probably take his phone records?
17) He lied on his life insurance policy and then potentially voiding it smoked a cigar as his alibi for leaving the hotel? And the life insurance policy is his motive?
18) He recognized his sister would have to be a greater presence in his kids life, so he must have been planning to kill the wife and give the sister the kid? (Actually, that might be a pros point)

9-3 Hung Jury (And if I'm wrong, I won't lose a winky-poo of sleep)

Just "stopping by" momma's house on this trip just doesn't sit well with me. It's a 3 1/2 hour trip from his appointment in Virginia to his mom's; and only 4 1/2 hours from Raleigh to his mom's. He wasn't anywhere in the vicinity for a convenient little visit. It was all about setting up his alibi, IMO.

Absolutely...they had people coming to stay at their house that night for the game the next day...don't believe that was planned at all.

My ex-wife gave me a beautiful platinum band that was almost identical to mine but more valuable as an anniversary gift.

It doesn't make sense other than that.

Unless they just didn't wear them a lot.

Sadly, I still have my wedding bands. What does that say about my ability to donate things? :floorlaugh:

Did he have 2??? My hubby and I got married in Dec. 2010... His father wanted him to have one of his wedding bands he had 2.. it was his 25th wedding anniversary band... And my MIL wanted me to have her 25th wedding set.... I thought it was sooo sweet....

Did he have 2??? My hubby and I got married in Dec. 2010... His father wanted him to have one of his wedding bands he had 2.. it was his 25th wedding anniversary band... And my MIL wanted me to have her 25th wedding set.... I thought it was sooo sweet....

Good question, did he have 2? And if he did, why was the second one that he was not wearing in MY's egg shaped jewlry box? Or was it in the new wallet with that $500 cash that was in JY's closet? Either way it is something that makes no sense and should be explained.

MOO

This is a List of items that Pat Young gave to LE that were missing from the Young home.

a white and yellow gold bracelet
an egg shaped sterling jewelry box
man's platinum wedding band
a platinum 2-3 carat diamond ring
a pair of diamond earrings
a pearl necklace
$500.00 in cash in a new wallet in Jason's closet

These items still have never been recovered or accounted for.

So, I don't know how this will be addressed, maybe through PY.?

I would like to know if JY's home insurance had a jewelry policy added on. Seems strange that a stranger would know where to find the jewelry but left MY's purse that was laying out in the open. The platinum 2-3 carat diamond ring sounds like an engagement ring. Did JY not know the carat of the engagement ring he gave MY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti