State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-27-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Otto. Would they have a seatbelt law? Where I am we would be charged for not having one. I'm not saying MY is lying, just that it could be a reason to lie during a report.

MY was a very sweet lady, probably saw the best in people and was a peacemaker too (stuck between her family and the Y family as she was.)

I also think MY had a lot of practice at smoothing over JY's mishaps, idiocies, and embarassments - would be willing to bet she was a master at downplaying his failures. So putting the best possible spin (yes officer, we were wearing our seatbelts, no he wasn't speeding, it was just an accident) would have been right in keeping.

It probably wouldn't have dawned on her in a million years that her husband was not only capable, but willing to stage a car accident. She'd have had nothing to report.

That is exactly how I think jy got blood on his hp's... Few differences, I think cy did witness the murder, but I agree that while he was cleaning himself up cy went to her mommy. I think jy had his hp's back on at that point and stepped in the blood to grab cy, like you described. I think jy purposely bought a size 10, though. He's a practiced prankster... one size off could still point to him, because different shoes can run bigger or smaller, but 2 sizes would point away from him.

I think your scenario is also very plausible! JY is very sly and maybe I don't give him enough credit for planning the 2 sizes smaller shoe decoy. Either way, he sure as heck didn't plan on CY appearing in the bloody scene and sure as heck had not planned on getting those HP's "dirty". A parent's instinct when a child is in a mess is to scoop them up so they don't track the mess anywhere else. A stranger could have cared less if CY tracked a mess everywhere. I wonder what that moment must have been like for JY when he spotted CY awake and standing in her Mommy's pool of blood :maddening:
Poor baby girl. I have 3 little girls and can't imagine what CY has gone through.

I've thought about that one too and have a theory/scenario that seems plausible. Here it is: I believe JY had an “Oh *****” moment the night of the murder that resulted in him stepping in blood with his “clean” HP shoes. I think this happened after the

<respectfully snipped> and :welcome:CGW......

Unless someone gets Jason to put on the size 10 Franklins, I don't see any way he could squeeze his foot into a hightop athletic shoe
enough to make an definite impression.

These were not sandals, loafers or slip ons.

:banghead:

Maybe that's why he had that bruised big toe :waitasec: I'm a size 8.5 shoe....I may have to go try on my daugther's 6.5 tomorrow to see if I can do it. I personally am hoping we don't have an "OJ Moment". I'm not real impressed with the PT so I wouldn't put it past them....it's borderline painful for me to watch and see all of the missed opportunities. I know you are on the other side of the fence, but I'm hoping the PT did enough this time to convince at least 12 people that there is no one else that could have done this but JY. IMO.

I think your scenario is also very plausible! JY is very sly and maybe I don't give him enough credit for planning the 2 sizes smaller shoe decoy. Either way, he sure as heck didn't plan on CY appearing in the bloody scene and sure as heck had not planned on getting those HP's "dirty". A parent's instinct when a child is in a mess is to scoop them up so they don't track the mess anywhere else. A stranger could have cared less if CY tracked a mess everywhere. I wonder what that moment must have been like for JY when he spotted CY awake and standing in her Mommy's pool of blood :maddening:
Poor baby girl. I have 3 little girls and can't imagine what CY has gone through.

Yep, I have 2 girls, and I can't relate to someone who can put their own needs before their child's. From everything I've learned about jy, I'm guessing if cy went up to mommy, he probably got even more p'sed at MY... Everything was her fault. If he didn't have to kill her, then none of this would've happened!!! Why couldn't she have just died easy??? Why did she have to struggle with him and make this big ole mess???

I agree Stella he wasn't exactly "in the vicinity". But it makes me wonder... Assuming he did commit the murder, wouldn't it have made more sense for him to pack up and hightail it home ASAP after his meeting and find the murder scene himself? Heck he could have worn his bloody hush puppies right into the room and had a plausible explanation for any evidence/footprints he might have left. (Just kidding with that, well sort of, I realize the blood would have dried) Plus that way he would have "found" CY himself and not needed to use the bizarre (imo) "paper in the printer" excuse? And he'd also have a ready excuse for CY ever telling anyone daddy "was there". I mean he had a decent (sort of) alibi so why bother going to his mom's house?

Absolutely not! LE looks long & hard at whomever discovers a homicide. He very carefully plotted this to have Meredith find Michelle while he was all the way across the state, IMO. From all his calls to her, and then calling his mother to also have her call Meredith to get her over to the house asap... very, very convenient! All to go retrieve expired eBay auctions for Coach purses (probably used and/or knockoffs) to give MY for an surprise anniversary gift, when the anniversary was weeks prior to her death.

For what it's worth, I've purposely not read any other articles or discovery or more information than what's been posted on this board other than the autopsy report on Michelle. I've watched the trial daily, and while the PT does stumble a bit in their presentation and especially the cross, the circumstantial evidence is beyond overwhelming pointing to his guilt. If I were on this jury, I would definitely be casting a verdict of guilty today.

MY was a very sweet lady, probably saw the best in people and was a peacemaker too (stuck between her family and the Y family as she was.)

I also think MY had a lot of practice at smoothing over JY's mishaps, idiocies, and embarassments - would be willing to bet she was a master at downplaying his failures. So putting the best possible spin (yes officer, we were wearing our seatbelts, no he wasn't speeding, it was just an accident) would have been right in keeping.

It probably wouldn't have dawned on her in a million years that her husband was not only capable, but willing to stage a car accident. She'd have had nothing to report.

I believe you are spot on! I only wish MY had a crystal ball at that time.

THANKS! I joined WS back during the Anthony fiasco, but forgot my id and password, so I had to register again :waitasec: I've been following this case from the beginning when Greta used to air it on On the Record. It hit close to home for me b/c I attended NCSU at the same time as JY and was also in a sorority (not MY's). MY attended NCSU the year after I graduated with a Criminal Justice degree. So you can see why I got sucked into this vortex :what:

It's great to see you CGW, I remember you well ;}

Yes, I also think he hit MY with a large landscaping rock he may have picked up somewhere, can't be traced and easy to dispose.

Nickie

MY had a lot of crescent shaped wounds on her... I've been trying to figure out what would have made that shape. When they addressed the lifehammer today I about fell out of my chair! My dad gave those to me & my sister when we had to drive from St. Louis to Louisville during some major flooding (yes I'm over 40 and my dad still buys me every life saving safety device on the planet!). I dropped the dang thing on my foot, broke my toe and had a crescent shaped cut on my toe. The PT asked HY if she knew Michelle had given one to JY as well, and she replied yes... but then they dropped it! It would make perfect sense to me that she had one for both her car and his. Hers was found... where is his? IMO it could very well have been used to cause all the injuries detailed in the autopsy report.

YMaybe that's why he had that bruised big toe :waitasec: I'm a size 8.5 shoe....I may have to go try on my daugther's 6.5 tomorrow to see if I can do it. I personally am hoping we don't have an "OJ Moment". I'm not real impressed with the PT so I wouldn't put it past them....it's borderline painful for me to watch and see all of the missed opportunities. I know you are on the other side of the fence, but I'm hoping the PT did enough this time to convince at least 12 people that there is no one else that could have done this but JY. IMO.

I can relate as well, I have a 12yr boy, 13yr girl. I can imagine the joy MY must have felt when he found out she was having a boy, only to have it taken all away for no good earthly reason.

MY had a lot of crescent shaped wounds on her... I've been trying to figure out what would have made that shape. When they addressed the lifehammer today I about fell out of my chair! My dad gave those to me & my sister when we had to drive from St. Louis to Louisville during some major flooding (yes I'm over 40 and my dad still buys me every life saving safety device on the planet!). I dropped the dang thing on my foot, broke my toe and had a crescent shaped cut on my toe. The PT asked HY if she knew Michelle had given one to JY as well, and she replied yes... but then they dropped it! It would make perfect sense to me that she had one for both her car and his. Hers was found... where is his? IMO it could very well have been used to cause all the injuries detailed in the autopsy report.

Oh, I gather the device is pretty heavy. I may have to go back and listen to the medical examiners testimony.

Coming out of the lurkdom closet to pose a question. What are your opinions about JY's other sister, Kim, testifying or not. I believe she did not testify in the first trial. I found it interesting that she was mentioned in testimony by HY and PY today. In fact, the PT seemed to pinpoint her address while attending school in the Raleigh area since the murder. Is she unable to toe the party line? Wasn't she the one who supposedly found part of a tooth days after the crime scene was released? I find it curious that they've rolled out the rest of the family for character attestments, but not her.

There are too many coincidences for me to think anything but Guilty by JY. The lack of grief and emotion spoken by JY, PY, and MM of the death of MY speaks volumes, also.

Coming out of the lurkdom closet to pose a question. What are your opinions about JY's other sister, Kim, testifying or not. I believe she did not testify in the first trial. I found it interesting that she was mentioned in testimony by HY and PY today. In fact, the PT seemed to pinpoint her address while attending school in the Raleigh area since the murder. Is she unable to toe the party line? Wasn't she the one who supposedly found part of a tooth days after the crime scene was released? I find it curious that they've rolled out the rest of the family for character attestments, but not her.

There are too many coincidences for me to think anything but Guilty by JY. The lack of grief and emotion spoken by JY, PY, and MM of the death of MY speaks volumes, also.

I was wondering about Kim as well, do you know if she is present in the courtroom?

I&#8217;ve been lurking for days now. Finally got my registration set up. I personally believe the circumstantial evidence in this case is OVERWHELMING. JY would have to be the unluckiest man on earth to have that many coincidences happen on the one night his wife is brutally murdered. There are 3 pieces of the puzzle that really stand out to me and I think are unable to be explained by any other possibility than JY was the likely murderer. These 3 pieces are the removal of the diaper, the fact that CY was carried to the bathroom, and the movement of the cameras at the HI that fit perfectly with the timeline. They seem small, but it&#8217;s difficult to explain away. I know the NG believers would love to have found that diaper in JY&#8217;s car, or believe that CY had wings or a child loving murderer in her presence that night, and fingerprints on the cameras. JY was prepared with gloves and trashbags&#8230;.plain and simple&#8230;he covered his tracks. No Stranger would bother removing a diaper and carry a child to a safe area. There is nothing "reasonable" about that. Any one of these &#8220;pieces&#8221; do not point to guilt, it is the sheer volume of CE. These pieces added together paint a picture of brutal killer. I hate the burden of proof has become more difficult it seems b/c of technology. Juries want video, dna, etc&#8230;.It&#8217;s absurd that common sense is not being applied like it should to overcome the burden of &#8220;reasonable doubt&#8221;. I don&#8217;t make these statements lightly. I firmly believe that there is only one thing worse than letting a guilty man go free and that is locking up an innocent one. IMO

Hi again CGW, I'm thinking someone should cal the Prosecutor and remind him about the 3 pieces of the puzzle so he will make a strong point of it in his closing argument. We don't want this case to go sideways like C Anthony's. No, we need Justice for Michelle.

Thanks for coining that phrase in reference to this case. I think it really brings the case down home. ;}

I have no idea if Kim is in the courtroom. In fact, I've never seen a picture of her.

KY had stuff out there that could help/hurt both sides... There were emails from her to jy about how he needs to speak up, she wondered how are parents of cy's friends going to react to hearing about all this about him when she's older??? JY sent her emails criticizing her for going on all these forums and yappin it up, etc... Basically, she was a loose canon. IMO
The emails were in a sw...

It's tough for me to see him falling over at the news. I don't doubt his family on this; I think he did it. It's why is the issue.

There's too many stories involving people falling over. JY fell over, maybe MY fell over, the grandmother fell over. I realize they live in the mountains (I was born and raised in such), so it's a lot easier to fall over there than it is in the flat part of the state :)waitasec:), but this makes me think of watching the fainting goats youtube vids: yes, they are falling over, and no it doesn't make any sense. As the G side, I think JY was ready to start acting as soon as he stepped from the truck, if not before.

GG, I just love your posts!!!

Call me the ever optimist (I like to think of it as realist) I feel good about this Raleigh jury being able to cut through the chafe and wrap their brains around the abundant circumstantial evidence to render a guilty verdict. After the public outcry of the Pinellas 12 uncommon sense verdict, I think this jury is seriously taking their duties to heart, and will render a common sense verdict. Beware of the dumbing down of jury selection when the criteria includes ruling out those who don't read the daily news or keep up with current events. Hindsight is 20-20, but so many things went wrong with the selection and sequestration of the Anthony jury.

KY had stuff out there that could help/hurt both sides... There were emails from her to jy about how he needs to speak up, she wondered how are parents of cy's friends going to react to hearing about all this about him when she's older??? JY sent her emails criticizing her for going on all these forums and yappin it up, etc... Basically, she was a loose canon. IMO
The emails were in a sw...

I figured there must be some muddying of the water, or possible bad blood. Is there a way for the PT to introduce the email in between JY and KY? Seems he expected everything to blow over and he referenced another case that had recently happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1