State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I say anyone did??? Im just saying they were coming out fwd.. Never in my life have I ever backed into a drive.... I think someone was coming from the house... moo...

In the state of Georgia that is the correct way to back up. Doesn't mean you have to do it that way but when you are getting a drivers license here during the driving part they ask you to stop and turn around and that is the correct way to do it!!

Where did I say anyone did??? Im just saying they were coming out fwd.. Never in my life have I ever backed into a drive.... I think someone was coming from the house... moo...

Unless there is a turnaround in the driveway, wouldn't that car have had to back in when it arrived, whoever it was? I don't think there were tracks indicating a car doing a turnaround in the yard, which is why I think that.

I was refering to the kind of cameras that were at the HI that JY stayed at. There are fancy cameras out there (in retail stores, etc.) that capture many angles and rotate, but the ones at the HI were pretty basic wall mounted single view cameras pointing in one direction (until someone points it in another :what:)

I understand that... Not sure if you missed my post or not, but I did say I missed the camera stuff.. So I was just asking..... :what:

In fact, I just checked out that camera (both cameras on the west end).

At 8pm this evening I was at the Hampton Inn in Hillsville. I went through the glass door; there is a camera above it that will capture you if you going down the hallway, but it certainly looks possible to not be caught on it if you take the immediate right to the stairwell. Not sure though.

Once you open the stairwell door the camera is above you pointing toward the stairs; the emergency exit that got propped would be on your right. You could have (and somebody did) push it up from below before entering its field of view. It has a bubble on it now.

I exited the emergency door that was propped open and drove by to my house in Raleigh off Penny Rd. very near Birchleaf in two hours and thirty two minutes, driving in a conservative manner.

I didn't plan this trip, but I was on the way back from Kentucky and saw Hillsville coming up so I figured what the heck.

I just got home a bit ago.

Awesome, thanks for the field work. I didn't realize you lived so close.

In fact, I just checked out that camera (both cameras on the west end).

At 8pm this evening I was at the Hampton Inn in Hillsville. I went through the glass door; there is a camera above it that will capture you if you going down the hallway, but it certainly looks possible to not be caught on it if you take the immediate right to the stairwell. Not sure though.

Once you open the stairwell door the camera is above you pointing toward the stairs; the emergency exit that got propped would be on your right. You could have (and somebody did) push it up from below before entering its field of view. It has a bubble on it now.

I exited the emergency door that was propped open and drove by to my house in Raleigh off Penny Rd. very near Birchleaf in two hours and thirty two minutes, driving in a conservative manner.

I didn't plan this trip, but I was on the way back from Kentucky and saw Hillsville coming up so I figured what the heck.

I just got home a bit ago.

GREAT reporting! I think I would have had to have taken a detour too if given the opportunity. So, the camera has a bubble on it now, eh? Wish there had a been a bubble on it in 2006!!! :banghead:

Was referring to the time that Meredith Fisher entered the house. Were the lights on then?

IIRC, the newspaper lady said the lights inside of the home appeared to on, could not be absolutely sure, but that the home seemed to be illuminated, hence her testimony.

Even if I did miss that someone posted that Jason knew the brother of the investigating officer, the implication is that the officer lied on the stand in his official capacity. That's pretty serious ... so the prosecution, instead of questioning him in court, made the implication through the suspect's mother. If the prosecution was prepared to stand behind accusing the officer of dishonesty and absence of moral intergrity, the prosecution should have had the decency to accuse the man to his face while he was testifying.

I cannot overlook this because the prosecution was reading someone's facebook page and learned new information ... so they ran with it ... and implied that an officer was dishonest. That seems to be the rumor. The officer deserved an opportunity to respond to allegations of that nature. If the prosecution missed their chance, that's their problem and the oficer should not have had his reputation placed in question. That's how I see it and that's unfortunate for the officer.

Introducing evidence about the car accident but excluding the investigating officer, hearing a day after he testified that his brother knew Jason ... doesn't work for me. Why wasn't he introduced at the same time as the theory about the accident? We know it's not because his brother knew Jason.

The prosecution was not reading the fb page. I posted the info about it because the members of the group said it was ok after the fact. The reason the group is closed is because they are very close friends of MY and also people who live in Brevard and know the Young family. They actually feel scared to discuss things in public forums. Information about the connection of the investigating officer they felt was important and so given to the PT.
I learned my lesson because in the discussions it all got twisted up. I said it because I thought Wow that to me and many others seems hinky that the investigating officer and his partner not brother were friends. That accident was very fishy for other reasons that I am not going to say because it all got blown way out of context. My mistake.

So the PI Hale, from what I heard, seemed to be forthright.

His testimony appeared to demonstrate you could catch that emergency door open with a twig in the lock, and if you let the door to 421 close from close range it did not always lock.

I give him the twig experiment.

The 421 door experiment is less useful. First, JY admitted to propping the door open so there's that. Second, if the door had a serious problem latching, would it really be in the same condition 5 years later? Mr. Hale did not ask the hotel any questions about whether guests had complained or whether any maintenance had been done. To support his client, that was probably wise, but it reduces the value of the experiment, IMO.

IMO, having now exited the door in question, you could get a rock or twig if you wanted it. If it were windy and you had a newspaper, I suppose you could set those down and stand on them while you got the thing you needed to prop the door open. However, it would make a world more sense to simply go out the glass door next to it and come back in with your keycard, which was allegedly left in the hotel room which was also propped open.

GREAT reporting! I think I would have had to have taken a detour too if given the opportunity. So, the camera has a bubble on it now, eh? Wish there had a been a bubble on it in 2006!!! :banghead:

Yeah I didn't hang around long though. I'd been driving most of the day plus I figured looking up at multiple video cameras would not be a good thing to be recorded doing and I felt a little guilty just doing it.

Also, I'm 5 10 and I think I could have reached the camera, barely, which is consistent with the old maintenance guy's testimony.

If any or all of the lights were on in the house, my bet would be sweet little Cassidy had turned them all on. A tiny little girl, all alone in a dark house with her murdered mother. Of course she didn't know mommy was never going to wake up from her spanking, but she would have been scared nonetheless of being in the dark without mommy responding to her. I doubt JY turned on the lights. I also would guess the pilar lights on the driveway are dusk to dawn... several of my neighbors have them and they are all dtd.

Unless there is a turnaround in the driveway, wouldn't that car have had to back in when it arrived, whoever it was? I don't think there were tracks indicating a car doing a turnaround in the yard, which is why I think that.

VERY nice observation! IIRC, MY's car was in the middle of the driveway and would have made it difficult for anyone to make a U turn there. QUICK, someone email the PT.

IIRC, the newspaper lady said the lights inside of the home appeared to on, could not be absolutely sure, but that the home seemed to be illuminated, hence her testimony.

That was around 3:30 I think? Which would fit with Jason turning off some of the lights and heading back to Hillsville.

I don't recall what interior lights were on when MF arrived.

VERY nice observation! IIRC, MY's car was in the middle of the driveway and would have made it difficult for anyone to make a U turn there. QUICK, someone email the PT.

Good point too.

Why is it not suspicious? It was a beautiful, bright sunny day on a road JY travels on regularly. MY told several people she did not have her seatbelt on....don't forget, hindsight 20/20 also applies to Michelle's voice. Do you really think she thought her life was in danger (at the hands of her husband at the time?). Of course she told the responding officer she was wearing her seatbelt. Why was JY so insistant on going to a place they were going to pass by on the way out to Raleigh? Why so insistant to go without CY in car? When was the LI policy initiated again? Highly suspicious, IMO.

JY grew up driving that road. He knew like the back of his hand and accidents happened all of the time. He was going 40mph and the speed limit was 25 and the picture I saw showed a steep embankment.

Was referring to the time that Meredith Fisher entered the house. Were the lights on then?

IIRC, Meredith testified to the lamps in the driveway and front door lights being on, I do not remember if she mentioned that the inside home lights were on.

I don't recall any testimony as to the lights inside the home, on or off after Meredith, I'd like to know as well.

Yeah I didn't hang around long though. I'd been driving most of the day plus I figured looking up at multiple video cameras would not be a good thing to be recorded doing and I felt a little guilty just doing it.

Also, I'm 5 10 and I think I could have reached the camera, barely, which is consistent with the old maintenance guy's testimony.

The 64K question, would you go through all the trouble JY allegedly went through to smoke a cigar under the cold/windy conditions the night of Nov2? IE, walk to the west side of the hotel, take the staircase, prop the hotel room door, prop the emergency door exit, etc. to smoke a cigar?

I missed all testimony before something like 2:30 or so today.

The friends and family testimony seemed to be a sideshow on character, which was necessary. I didn't get to hear if PY landed any points for her side on the shoebox print.

The only bomb I heard today was the testimony of Ms. Beaver (not a surprise but still important). That is something the jury will have to give a lot of consideration to, even if the decision is to disregard it in some fashion. I'll have to hop back to see what you guys said about the testimony before I call it a night; I caught a lot of it but missed some as signal went in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko