State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 64K question, would you go through all the trouble JY allegedly went through to smoke a cigar under the cold/windy conditions the night of Nov3? IE, walk to the west side of the hotel, take the staircase, prop the hotel room door, prop the emergency door exit, etc. to smoke a cigar?

No. He could (and imo would) have taken a keycard with him downstairs, after closing his hotel room door. Then, he wouldn't have needed to prop open any door. The doors are right next to each other. If he were going to smoke outside.

The thing is, so far, the only DT evidence that affects he PT case presented so far, that I've heard, is the Beaver testimony. The rest has only been to present a picture of his character, more or less, and to better tell JY's side on the auto accident.

No. He could (and imo would) have taken a keycard with him downstairs, after closing his hotel room door. Then, he wouldn't have needed to prop open any door. The doors are right next to each other. If he were going to smoke outside.

The thing is, so far, the only DT evidence that affects he PT case presented so far, that I've heard, is the Beaver testimony. The rest has only been to present a picture of his character, more or less, and to better tell JY's side on the auto accident.

Thanks, I have to agree with the Beaver testimony. Can't wait to see how the PT will address her in closing.

We know what the accident report states, and it's apparent that Jason - ahem - manipulated Michelle to falsify the report. "We won't get insurance if you tell them you weren't wearing your seat belt!" No reason for the officer to believe anything other than what he reported, and no problem with his testimony. Knowing the entire picture now, it's clear this was the first attempt.

I do, however, believe it was unnecessary to delve deeply into this attempt. That's between Jason and God, and I reckon He is plenty down on Jason for more reasons than the failed attempt.

If that's true, it's unfortunate the Michelle did not tell her work friend that she lied about whether she was wearing her seatbelt at Jason's urging. If Michelle told this to her friend to give the impression that she believed it was an attempted murder, why wouldn't she include the detail about Jason wanting her to lie about her circumstances?

I agree ... there are plenty of other pieces of evidence to consider without getting bogged down with the car accident.

Thanks - I do see the 90 degree turn now. Perhaps possible w/o the garage as well to turn around.

I just reviewed the trial photos and it appears there was a silver SUV or minivan and a boat in the garage. I'm assuming this is MY's vehicle. There was not room for another vehicle in that garage. The green vehicle in the driveway must have been MF's and of course it was still there behind the crime scene tape. I'm sure they didn't release it to MF right away. I don't know if someone could turn around or not. Obviously the 5:30 visitors either backed into the driveway or had to find a way to turn around in the driveway after pulling straight in. Hmmmmm.

OMG! Didn't JY's NCSU friend who testified today say he talked to JY on that Thursday night and he asked JY if he was watching the Georgia Tech football game on TV and JY said yes he was watching it in his VA hotel room. I found this odd given the time that JY checked into the hotel. Thursday night college games usually start around 7pm and end around 10:00-10:30. BOMBSHELL! Just looked at the 2006 Georgia Tech football schedule and THEY DIDN'T PLAY ON THAT NIGHT! See for yourself:

2006 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
RECORD: 9-5
DATE OPPONENT SCORE
9-2-06 NOTRE DAME LOST 10-14 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish Tickets
9-9-06 SAMFORD WON 38-6 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Samford Tickets
9-16-06 TROY WON 35-20 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Troy Tickets
9-21-06 VIRGINIA (Thur.) WON 24-7 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Virginia Tickets
9-30-06 at Virginia Tech WON 38-27 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Virginia Tech Hokies Football Tickets
10-7-06 MARYLAND WON 27-23 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Maryland Tickets
10-21-06 at Clemson LOST 7-31 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Clemson Tigers Football Tickets
10-28-06 MIAMI FL WON 30-23 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Miami Tickets
11-4-06 at North Carolina State WON 31-23 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at North Carolina State Wolfpack Football Tickets
11-11-06 at North Carolina WON 7-0 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at North Carolina Tar Heels Football Tickets
11-18-06 DUKE WON 49-21 Duke Blue Devils at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Football Tickets
11-25-06 at Georgia LOST 12-15 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Georgia Bulldogs Football Tickets
12-2-06 ACC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
vs. Wake Forest @Jacksonville, FL LOST 6-9
GATOR BOWL @Jacksonville, FL
1-1-07 West Virginia LOST 35-38

***I've gotta go double check and make sure I heard him say Georgia Tech! This info needs to go to the PT immediately!!!!!!

YEP, just checked Demetrius Barrett's testimony at 2:20 on the WRAL clip and he said Georgia Tech! WOW!

Otto, did you get a chance to see the PI's testimony from today?

I had always wondered who the 4th person was at the defense table.

His name is Steven Hale, and he was awesome.

He conducted his own investigation at the Hampton Inn, pretty powerful stuff.

I was really impressed and liked this guy.....

jmo

There was a weakness in the testimony ... He tried to avoid answering the question of whether he left the room without his keycard ... but he couldn't.

If the room door was going to be propped for any reason and Jason was stepping outside to smoke, why not bring the card for the outside door? There doesn't seem to be any explanation for why Jason would plan to exit the building without his keycard. It's not like he didn't realize he needed his keycard - he knew to stick a twig in the lock, he certainly wasn't accidentally locked out but he knew that he might be.

Fredwomble,
It was a co worker who testified that MY told her about the accident and her not having the seatbelt on if my memory serves me correctly!

That's what I remember ... but why is the prosecution presenting the facts of the accident through a co-worker rather than the investigating officer, and what was the purpose of pointing out a personal relationship between the officer and Jason via a third party witness?

Does that seem like an honest prosecution?

Unless there is a turnaround in the driveway, wouldn't that car have had to back in when it arrived, whoever it was? I don't think there were tracks indicating a car doing a turnaround in the yard, which is why I think that.

There's plenty of room to turn around in front of the garage ... thus the light colored vehicle that was spotted backed up to the garage as though it was being loaded.

He could have gotten away with leaving the room unlocked if he had used the keycard on the outside door at 12:10 AM.

It sounds like the same line of thinking that's been applied to the accident investigator.

Since it's being repeated, I'll repeat my earlier post asking about this.

I think it's also worth mentioning, on behalf of reasonable doubt, that the prosecution has attempted to pull the wool over the jury's eyes. Regarding the car accident testimony, rather than put the officer on the stand to testify about the facts of the accident, the prosecution paraded friends with rumors that implied Michelle was not wearing her seatbelt, that the accident was deliberate attempted murder and that the motive for that implied first attempted murder was insurance.

After the officer did testify, the prosecution then attempted to discredit him through another witness by implying that he was friends with the suspect and would lie. Was it too low to accuse the officer face-to-face that he may be falsifying testimony because he knew the suspect?

When did they "accuse the officer face-to-face that he may be falsifying testimony"? If I were a juror, I would maybe feel free to wonder if being Jason's friend might sway the officer to not LOOK for anything that might point to a non-accident, or not NOTICE something that might point to a non-accident, etc. I wouldn't even necessarily think it was anything other than a subconscious thing because of their friendship. I didn't hear anyone accuse the officer of lying, falsifying reports or his testimony or anything like that.

I do, and the Pros tried way too hard to discredit her and failed.
I doubt the Pros will mention CB again, I think they will now distance
themselves from her.
The fact that LE leaned on her so hard, came across as scare tactics.

jmo

HC cross of CB today will be the down fall of the state. He hammered her attempting to discredit her without success, just as she had testified was the case of the many who revisited her attempting to confuse her to what morning she actually seen the car. Anyone watching could see his desperate attempt to confuse her. Was not a good thing for the jury to wittiness. MOO
I think HC realized he went to far and knew he had blew it.. Knew he had made a mess of it..

When did they "accuse the officer face-to-face that he may be falsifying testimony"? If I were a juror, I would maybe feel free to wonder if being Jason's friend might sway the officer to not LOOK for anything that might point to a non-accident, or not NOTICE something that might point to a non-accident, etc. I wouldn't even necessarily think it was anything other than a subconscious thing because of their friendship. I didn't hear anyone accuse the officer of lying, falsifying reports or his testimony or anything like that.

If the jury was listening to PY testimony, it was not the State Trooper who was in any way, a friend of JY. The first responder to the scene was a County employee, a Deputy Sheriff and it was the Deputy's BROTHER that was a friend of JY. Hopefully the jury is listening more carefully then whoever started this rumor.. MOO

Since it's being repeated, I'll repeat my earlier post asking about this.

The officer was not asked during testimony whether he knew Jason outside of work. Instead, it was through Jason's mother that the prosecution implied an off duty link between the officer and Jason.

I'm of the opinion that if the proseuction wanted the jury to know that Jason and the officer had an off duty connection, that should have been introduced through the officer's testimony so he could address any concerns that arose from that off duty relationship. As it stands, we are left to wonder if that off duty relationship influenced the integrity of the accident report ... I mean, why else would the prosecution have for pointing that out.

IIRC, Meredith testified to the lamps in the driveway and front door lights being on, I do not remember if she mentioned that the inside home lights were on.

I don't recall any testimony as to the lights inside the home, on or off after Meredith, I'd like to know as well.

If I recall correctly I'm pretty sure I heard Meredith being asked about those lights and I think she said she couldn't remember. lll see if i can find it and post where exactly she's asked about it and what she had to say to be sure.

Moo moo moo

Wasn't the light colored vehicle reportedly backed up to the garage?

I haven't seen this link before: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/02/09/jason-young-murder-trial-suv-outside-home

otto, IIR, the vehicle was at the very end of the driveway as if it was going to pull onto the road. What I find the strangest, The postal worker testified at app. 5:30 there was two people in vehicle had two occupants, when MS. Hensley saw it app. 30 minutes later she said there was no one in the vehicle, still in same position.

If I recall correctly I'm pretty sure I heard Meredith being asked about those lights and I think she said she couldn't remember. lll see if i can find it and post where exactly she's asked about it and what she say to be sure.

Moo moo moo

My recollection is that she said that lights at the end of the driveway were on ... I'll look for a link too.

"When Fisher arrived at 5108 Birchleaf Drive that day, "the dog was freaking out," she said in the call. The porch and driveway lights were still on, the backyard gate was open and there was blood all over the upstairs."

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/10697087/

IIRC, Meredith testified to the lamps in the driveway and front door lights being on, I do not remember if she mentioned that the inside home lights were on.

I don't recall any testimony as to the lights inside the home, on or off after Meredith, I'd like to know as well.

But.... It was the fact so many lights were on,"all lit up" that brought attention to it by other wittinesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member