State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught a glimpse of the pictures HC held up. If a man had any soul, heart, or true passion, he would boil over in rage at what had been done to a woman he had loved. He would not let it pass by, hiding behind family and lawyers, waiting for all to forget, not if he knew the killer walked free. He would be profoundly and deeply affected. JY was never any of that. He just - didn't care. He just - wanted it to go away so he could move forward. He never for a moment demonstrated that natural emotion of anger and rage his lawyer claimed was present in us in the face of such an evil act, such a wrongful loss.

He is guilty.

Strange coincedence. I posted earlier that I am out of state on my DH's business trip. At dinner tonight an older distinguished gentleman and his wife sat down next to me. He asked what I did today and I told him that I listened to the trial. He started laughing and told that he was a NC superior court judge and knew Judge Stephens well. He discussed the murder trials he has presided over and the laws. I could have talked with him for hours. He said he expected a decision on the Durham DA tomorrow.

Did he have any thoughts on this case?? Inquiring minds want to know! (I want to know!)

I thought JY was that tall. And I thought Collins was significantly shorter!

There goes the eyewitness testimony again! Perhaps just an issue of perspective. Cameras and eyes don't lie, but people misperceive!

I do have 2 theories as there is just something here that does not add up for me.

I have nothing to back it up and it is simply speculation but I have always wondered if it had something to do with with her work.

Allusonz.......:)

Would like to hear them if you have time.

I also forced myself to listen to a little of HC, but he is so dull.......

I gave up.

I guess we will always have unanswered questions.

For the life of me I dont know why he couldnt accomplish strangling her. She was much smaller than he is and 5 months pregnant.

And who balances one hand on the sheetrock while they are beating someone with the other hand? That just doesnt make sense to me.

If he didnt use the gloves for the beating that Michelle cruelly received he would have to have injuries to his knuckles. This was a horrific beating and the PT seems to say he beat her with his fists since they never said he hit her with some type of bludgeoning weapon. Unless I missed that too. Did the ME testify to what he thought made the wounds to her head?

IMO

Right after the trial today they were discussing it on HLN. They said even if he wore gloves to beat her to death he would still have marks on his hands.

Right after the trial today they were discussing it on HLN. They said even if he wore gloves to beat her to death he would still have marks on his hands.

Yep, at least some kind of red marks or brusings.

And, another thing Jason is so light and fairskinned, they would show up even more.

Not guilty.

Hi Everyone, Thank you so much for the great posts during the prosecution closing. I could not watch but was so grateful to be able to follow on my iphone. I have been reading the thread after the case closed for most of the night and have compiled some thoughts

I did NOT jump to the conclusion that Jason was guilty in the beginning. I thought that it was to easy to assume that because of all the other husband killers out there. On top of which, someone else from progress energy was killed about the same time I read in an article at one time & I questioned if they were linked.

Where I really disagree is when it comes to all the evidence. Yes there is no smoking gun, but there are WAY to many coincidences for it to not be him.

I don't believe the postal worker, I think she saw things on a different day.

I do believe there is a possible 2nd person, but I even question that.

Cheater or not, I don't consider that as motive....the money on the other hand is huge....

The way I see it, you can call a pig a duck, but the pig isn't going to quack...that pink thing is still gonna oink...

Logic brings me to a different conclusion....with all due respect....there is NO WAY Jason wasn't involved, & NO WAY he didn't drive back to Raleigh that night...

I pray for justice & for peace for all of Michelle's family & friends. If he is not found guilty this time, it isn't a part of God's plan & if not, let's see his reaction....would he make any effort at all to find who "the real killer" is? I think not! He already knows who that is

One last thought....IF & I mean a BIG IF, Jason didn't kill Michelle nor have anything to do with it, he has to be the most unlucky SOB alive to have SO MANY coincidences point to him......

IMHO....

I sure hope Tracey Cline is ousted but good. She is a disgrace, IMO.

I can certainly understand that but for me I am a very laid back and easygoing and posts from others really dont upset me even if I dont agree with them.

The only time I have been riled up (LOL!) was if someone was attacking me personally instead of my posts but even then I dont put them on ignore. Thats just me though and I know others deal with it differently and they are certainly entitled to do what they think is best.

I truly enjoy seeing both sides of any debate as long as the poster does it respectfully and for the most part on this case I think posters have been very calm and just state their opinions.

IMO
Same here, usually, and with this case and every other case I have followed. But the Anthony trial did a number on me and there were some days I was feeling not that smart enough to stfu.

I saw that too. It was the ex cop guy/FBI guy. My brain is mush can't think of his name. Mike galanois?

Aside from the merits of the case, the closing today was a demonstration of real professionalism. All the attorneys gave everything they had to the limits of their talent.

I know the old saying that 99% of the lawyers make the rest of them look bad. But not these guys, not today, not this trial. The system pits them against each other, making their competence a direct factor in the outcome of the verdict. That is one hell of a responsibility on both sides.

I remember in the Cooper case, one of the defense attorneys had the Cooper family at, I think, her house. That really impressed me.

The lawyers who make the news are often showboaters or charlatans. And Lord knows there is plenty wrong with the civil trial system, and maybe the criminal too. But it is not all bad, when you can see how much it means to these people to do their professional duty to the best they can and then with deference give way to the citizens of the jury.

Yep, at least some kind of red marks or brusings.

And, another thing Jason is so light and fairskinned, they would show up even more.

Not guilty.

Why? If he wore gloves and used a weapon...no markings at all. And per the AR, blunt force object was in fact used. Cause of Death: Blunt Force Object.

Mama-Cita uses the Bat Signal to page Grit Guy to the legal questions forum

I know I am wicked late to this party. Here are my thoughts, which, when paired with $1 can get you a nice cup of coffee at Duncan Donuts.

-Becky Holt was amazing. Was it really the same woman? I think Ynotdivein telepathically sent her those anti-umm pills she was talking about. I particularly LOVED how she kept going back to "COMMON SENSE." Does it make sense that he was searching on E-bay for purses a month after his anniversary right before a business trip? Does it make SENSE that the camera was tampered with and then 6 hours later the exact same camera was tampered with? She put it real plain and simple that you really do have to rely on your common sense. But common sense was lost on the Pinellas 12 since Linda Burdick mentioned it as well. Let's hope that this jury has a little more of it? Also I don't know which poster to credit for the wedding ring proclivity of JY, but I am glad the PT picked up on it. When Becky said it I was like "Oh no she DI-int! Way to go sister!"
- My iPhone died while listening to Howard, gonna have to go back and listen again
- Shades of the Peterson (Laci Rocha) case. To the posters here that followed that, would you not agree that there is more evidence tying Jason to this murder than Scott to Laci's? All they had by way of Laci being in that boat was a single hair in pliers. Here we've got his shoeprint! His team even contended it WAS his shoe print (although they claim he didn't wear it at the time) but still! That's as close to a smoking gun in this day and age when criminals are getting much more careful about their crimes.
-ABC's Revenge might be the best show on TV
-I really appreciate all the updates because I wasn't able to watch much
-Grit Guy is my hero. I may have an internet crush!

Mama-cita, I think we are long lost twins. I agree with you on everything including Revenge and Grit Guy internet crushing.

Aside from the merits of the case, the closing today was a demonstration of real professionalism. All the attorneys gave everything they had to the limits of their talent.

I know the old saying that 99% of the lawyers make the rest of them look bad. But not these guys, not today, not this trial. The system pits them against each other, making their competence a direct factor in the outcome of the verdict. That is one hell of a responsibility on both sides.

I remember in the Cooper case, one of the defense attorneys had the Cooper family at, I think, her house. That really impressed me.

The lawyers who make the news are often showboaters or charlatans. And Lord knows there is plenty wrong with the civil trial system, and maybe the criminal too. But it is not all bad, when you can see how much it means to these people to do their professional duty to the best they can and then with deference give way to the citizens of the jury.

Actually it was one of BC's custody attorneys. And yes it was a nice thing to do as they were in a foreign city with no other support system and staying in a hotel for weeks would be expensive and depressing after awhile. At the end of the day these are all human beings and everyone needs some kindness.

Count me in on the REVENGE fandom. Best show of the season.

Mama-cita, I think we are long lost twins. I agree with you on everything including Revenge and Grit Guy internet crushing.

If you also made Yuri and Detective Reginald Hosey-Posey your secret, imaginary boyfriends then just...get...out...And, you jersey girl, my other secret imaginary boyfriend is Jon Bon Jovi! (just don't tell my husband!)

Well, there you go. Hln has it down.:seeya:

Hi Everyone, Thank you so much for the great posts during the prosecution closing. I could not watch but was so grateful to be able to follow on my iphone. I have been reading the thread after the case closed for most of the night and have compiled some thoughts

I did NOT jump to the conclusion that Jason was guilty in the beginning. I thought that it was to easy to assume that because of all the other husband killers out there. On top of which, someone else from progress energy was killed about the same time I read in an article at one time & I questioned if they were linked.

Where I really disagree is when it comes to all the evidence. Yes there is no smoking gun, but there are WAY to many coincidences for it to not be him.

I don't believe the postal worker, I think she saw things on a different day.

I do believe there is a possible 2nd person, but I even question that.

Cheater or not, I don't consider that as motive....the money on the other hand is huge....

The way I see it, you can call a pig a duck, but the pig isn't going to quack...that pink thing is still gonna oink...

Logic brings me to a different conclusion....with all due respect....there is NO WAY Jason wasn't involved, & NO WAY he didn't drive back to Raleigh that night...

I pray for justice & for peace for all of Michelle's family & friends. If he is not found guilty this time, it isn't a part of God's plan & if not, let's see his reaction....would he make any effort at all to find who "the real killer" is? I think not! He already knows who that is

One last thought....IF & I mean a BIG IF, Jason didn't kill Michelle nor have anything to do with it, he has to be the most unlucky SOB alive to have SO MANY coincidences point to him......

IMHO....

Sorry, can't go with God's plan here. If God had a plan, Michelle and her son would still be alive. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member