State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that was my reaction to that scenario, too.
I read explanations on forums as to why CY may not have called it the daddy doll, but, it doesn't add up that she would so readily call the brown pony-tailed doll, the mommy doll and yet not refer to the other (female) doll as daddy - if she saw him doing it.

The "mommy" figure was a teenage female figure from the Hispanic Playset. The grandmother and doctor were from different sets. The child chose the grandmother figure but did not identify it as "daddy" ... "daddy" is as familiar to the child as "mommy", so why didn't she identify both figures if daddy was there?

Another question I've had is about the bite. Did Michelle bite someone and the strangulation turned to a blunt force murder? That is a very unusual remark and if we are to believe that she was quite advanced for her age, then I suspect she understood the meaning of biting ... and wouldn't use that word carelessly.

marvelpretendandplayfigures2.jpg

IDK. From what I saw, and others may have saw it differently,
he just didn't want to go there.
The DT spent enough time on gas, calculations, mileage etc

I didn't see the first trial so I have nothing to compare it to.

That would leave reasonable doubt with me. It did the first time around. The gas trip in the prosecution's theory doesn't add up. If they didn't explain it, it's still a problem. The gas attendant doesn't answer the questions and even if she does, it still doesn't add up.

What resonates from the defence is: let's suppose that Jason didn't give them away, that they werei in his closet ... I hope we can assume he wasn't wearing 1.5 year old shoes to the sales meeting.

So, he's not wearing the old Hush Puppies for the meeting but they might have been at his house ... and what ... he murdered his wife wearing size 10 shoes that he pulled out of his back pocket, then pulled the old Hush Puppies out of the closet to make more prints and then he put on different shoes to return to the hotel and had yet another pair of shoes in the back of the vehicle?

I thought the DT covered the options for HP well yesterday . They made sure the jury knew the HP shoe prints left at the scene could not be used for an exact comparison to any shoe due to their limited number of individual characteristics (i.e., poor detail in the print). Then they talked about how many other HP had similar outer soles so this impression could have been made by a lot more HP than just the Orbital. Then they threw out the alternate theory that JY's shoes may have been in the closet and not over at Goodwill. Of course, the killer may have had bloody shoes from his size 10, and he looked in both closets and found the HP there, put them on, and finished his work. During this time, the DT would have JY in his room sleeping soundly.

The weakest point in the PT theory is the gas scenario, including Grace. I guess that is why HC did not want to go there. If I were a juror, I would be impressed by Collins' gas explanation.

All in all, both sides gave compelling arguments for closing. I personally think this is as close a chance as the State will get for a conviction unless they have more information come forth, and that is most unlikely.

I thought the DT covered the options for HP well yesterday . They made sure the jury knew the HP shoe prints left at the scene could not be used for an exact comparison to any shoe due to their limited number of individual characteristics (i.e., poor detail in the print). Then they talked about how many other HP had similar outer soles so this impression could have been made by a lot more HP than just the Orbital. Then they threw out the alternate theory that JY's shoes may have been in the closet and not over at Goodwill. Of course, the killer may have had bloody shoes from his size 10, and he looked in both closets and found the HP there, put them on, and finished his work. During this time, the DT would have JY in his room sleeping soundly.

Can we all agree that he wasn't wearing 1.5 year old hush puppy shoes to a new sales meeting and would have no reason to bring them along unless he was going to use them to commit murder? The murderer has been more or less identified as the person wearing the size 10 Franklins through print analysis. The Franklin print is far stronger than the Orbital print, suggesting that the person with the smaller shoe was standing in the blood, but not the orbital person.

Of course, Jason may have been wearing the hush puppy shoes when he arrived at Meredith's place ... those shoes were not requested. He wasn't wearing the size 10 Franklins. Where did they go ... and the shirt, pants and jewelry?

The weakest point in the PT theory is the gas scenario, including Grace. I guess that is why HC did not want to go there. If I were a juror, I would be impressed by Collins' gas explanation.

All in all, both sides gave compelling arguments for closing. I personally think this is as close a chance as the State will get for a conviction unless they have more information come forth, and that is most unlikely.

I'm quite surprised that the prosecution didn't address the gas problem. That was a definite weakness in the first case, but perhaps this jury will simply dismiss the argument because the coincidental evidence is compelling.

I believe at least one person will question the gas mileage since it is very compelling evidence for the DT. Of course, no one can predict juries. I see a lot of holes in the coincidental evidence presented by the State.

I believe at least one person will question the gas mileage since it is very compelling evidence for the DT. Of course, no one can predict juries. I see a lot of holes in the coincidental evidence presented by the State.

Absolutely. at least one of 12 people on a jury will examine the gas/mileage ratios, The gas attendants testimlny was weak, at best.

The coincidental evidence is interesting because when you string all of it together, the end result is that it faciliates Jason murdering his wife.

There are holes in the coincidences, like the missing video at the questionable gas station identification.

HLN ... talking heads ... they're in it for the ratings. If they predict the opposite of what the jury decides, they can talk about it for at least another week ... all about ratings ... all about predicting the controversial viewpoint.

Absolutely. at least one of 12 people on a jury will examine the gas/mileage ratios, The gas attendants testimlny was weak, at best.

The coincidental evidence is interesting because when you string all of it together, the end result is that it faciliates Jason murdering his wife.

There are holes in the coincidences, like the missing video at the questionable gas station identification.

There is a relatively long list of Holes, the questionable gas station ID is just one of them. It may have been the most critical one for me.

I heard that ... it struck me as a cliche from a CSI program.

Seriously ... the absence of evidence, meaning there is no evidence that someone was in a particular room, does not mean that someone was abset. That a is true. The fact that you can't prove I was in the room doesn't mean I wasn't there. However, if there's nothing to connect that person to the room at the critical time, then it should not be assumed or concluded that the person was there and responsible for something that happened in the room. It's not a statement that should be taken to heart when it comes to determining guilt, in my opinion.

Well, in this case, there was the HP bloody shoe print that indicated that JY was in that room when MY was murdered.

The medical examiner testified that she was killed with a blunt force object - that is, that the killer's hands were not the murder weapon (although, she may have been punched in the mouth).

Yep, at least some kind of red marks or brusings.

And, another thing Jason is so light and fairskinned, they would show up even more.

Not guilty.

The trip from 5108 Birchleaf to the Hampton Inn is virtually all freeway miles. The fuel efficiency is significantly boosted on the freeway. You can't take average gas mileage to calculate that particular trip when 98% of the trip was freeway. Plus, who says that he didn't take a couple of cans of gas cans with him in his car??

Well, in this case, there was the HP bloody shoe print that indicated that JY was in that room when MY was murdered.

Not necessarily JY, but it is possible his HP shoes or ones similar to his were there in that room. There is not enough detail in the shoe print for comparison and of course there is no HP shoe either. (Agent Morrow's report).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member