RULED OUT: Have we found Anna? Possible match to NamUs case UP 9597 - *NO MATCH*

Been away from this site for too long. Boy have I got a lot of catching up to do. I do remember hearing where they found the skull on the beach ahile back. I never put a possible two and two together . Now I will be back more often seeing what happens. Maybe just Maybe two Bay area familes might have closure in 2012 Annasmom and Michela's .

Has there been any news as to whether the specimen has made it to the private lab as of yet?

I still haven't had the time (class 3 nights per week) to contact the ME. I will try to do so tonight. There have been no additional updates to the NamUs case file for the UID. I'll also try and contact Dr. Doogie this evening or over the weekend to see if he has any additional information on a time frame for which me might expect an answer on the DNA comparison.

Nothing yet.
Loving thoughts, though, to Micaela's parents, who also are waiting for word.

Yes, sadly they are going through the same as you. Michaela' Mum does not believe the remains are Michaela.

I too used to be on this site daily. Sadly, some pressing family matters have taken me to other forums for research and I had not been here in a while. I didn't post often but I always kept up with Anna.

Annasmom, I pray for a resolution for you. You have been a dedicated mother to have searched for your child for so long. I know that if it were my child I could never give up the search either. I pray that if this person is not Anna, and I don't think it is, that where ever Anna is, that she was and is loved and well cared for.

I will await the dna results with all of you and will check back often. Thank you to Dr. Doogie and Cubby and all of you who have put in countless hours on this case and others. You are all truly selfless.

DrDoogie's computer is working again, so he intends to call the coroner's office to see why the results are taking so long.

Our contact at the coroner's office will be in at 10 am PST. I will call again after this time.

Welcome back Doogie! I've been wondering what is happening with this possible match.

Eagerly awaiting an update.....

When you speak with the coroner can you inquire about more specific information about the baby teeth? If they were able to determine if the one missing tooth post mortem was an adult or baby tooth? (unsure if they are able to determine such) and how far erupted the #14 tooth was? Was it fully erupted? Had it just started to erupt? Not sure if they can determine that either, .... If the DNA info is still in waiting mode more specific info on the teeth might help.

I'm not sure 2 months is enough time to have already obtained a dna profile, even at a private lab...... but hoping they are close to having one or at least have a better idea on when a profile should be back.

Checking in to see if there has been any update from this morning's phone call. Nothing yet?

I finally heard back from the coroner. The sample was sent directly from the CA DOJ to the private lab, not from the DOJ to San Mateo to the lab. This explains the lack of info about "progress" since the chain-of-custody was different than what we were first led to believe. The coroner said that the sample was sent in January when we first started the process and that the timeframe was around "two to three" months before we get results. That means that we are looking at our test being toward the "top of the pile" with results likely in around a month from now. This is much faster than the testing of "Mystry Woman C" which took around a year to complete. As painful as the wait is, we are close to getting an answer.

Since we will be seeing results soon and the coroner seemed rushed when we spoke, I did not pursue any questions concerning the teeth. I did not want to complicate the issue or seem like we were pestering her. We should have a definitive answer soon and did not want to give her the impression that we were questioning her or her department's work. If, for some reason, we do not get an answer within this timeframe, I will broach the teeth issue with the coroner.

Thanks Doogie. That's why I did not call myself or email myself with the questions regarding the dentals.

Based on many possible match cases, I had assumed the soonest we would hear something was 2-3 months. That's the average on 'rush' cases. If I hadn't heard from you, it was on my calendar to start pestering you to inquire about the wait in April.

Glad to see you were able to get such a quick response from San Mateo today. And glad to know the speciman was sent almost immediately, if not immediately upon our initital request/inquiry back in January.

Thanks, Cubby. It appears that the coroner is expediting this the best they can, for which I am thankful. We should have answers soon.

I hope we get answers soon, Anna's mom has been waiting since 1973 for this. If this is her, I will be speechless.
God Bless you, Annas mom, in this difficult time, my heart is with you as we wait.

So for my 40th (ack!) birthday my hubby took me out to dinner at this great restaurant in Half Moon Bay that overlooks Miramar Beach... (delicious, if anyone is in the area, highly recommend Miramar Beach Restaurant)... Anna was on my mind almost the whole time.

Well, we got there too early, and were walking around on the beach for awhile... of course, I was looking down the whole time (hubby thought it was because I was sad about turning 40, he later said), keeping my eyes peeled just on the long shot of a chance that I might spot something...

Not sure how far that is from where she lived... or from San Gregorio Beach...

So for my 40th (ack!) birthday my hubby took me out to dinner at this great restaurant in Half Moon Bay that overlooks Miramar Beach... (delicious, if anyone is in the area, highly recommend Miramar Beach Restaurant)... Anna was on my mind almost the whole time.

Well, we got there too early, and were walking around on the beach for awhile... of course, I was looking down the whole time (hubby thought it was because I was sad about turning 40, he later said), keeping my eyes peeled just on the long shot of a chance that I might spot something...

Not sure how far that is from where she lived... or from San Gregorio Beach...

Happy Birthday, Odyssey! Miramar is about 14 miles north of Purisima Canyon, and San Gregorio is probably another seven or eight miles south of that.

I am not sure if there is a recent update. My thoughts are with Anna's family. I was reading about the dental confusion posts and such and for some reason I thought #14 is in the spot that is referred to as one of the 6 year molars? I think they erupt from ages 6-8? And sometimes earlier and later! If this issue has been resolved, I apologize for the post...

I am not sure if there is a recent update. My thoughts are with Anna's family. I was reading about the dental confusion posts and such and for some reason I thought #14 is in the spot that is referred to as one of the 6 year molars? I think they erupt from ages 6-8? And sometimes earlier and later! If this issue has been resolved, I apologize for the post...

Thank you LucyOso and welcome to Anna's forum. The dental issue has not been resolved but we have decided to put that on hold for the time being as we may be closer to some information on the DNA comparison for this possible match.

If and when it comes to knowledge of an extended wait, we will bring this to the coroners attention at that time.

Hopefully we are weeks rather than months away from an answer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back