Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #3 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunently, it is very normal in her generation. A parent might have one opinion of their children, their schoolmates a whole nother story! I am sorry that you are fighting what is but the world will only continue to get more evil. Generations will be even more full of sin. My point was saying, this girl might have a lot of pain hence her postings. Maybe she was searching to be edgier. I think however she was a very deep child. People and children are smarter than others give them credit for. She has pain and it comes through in the things she said. However, some things are being read too deep. The quote saying something to the effect of I don't want to look, I want to be found, that is a quote off the hills speaking of a boy. She doesn't want to LOOK for a bf like all the other girls she sees around her, she wanted that boy to find her, she deserved better than to search out companionship. That is what the quote meant. Let's not judge someone over their social media postings.. TRAYVON MARTIN? Can we learn a lesson from him. Yes let's use the evidence as it is there for our use, but do not take it deeply and judge this girls entire character because of it.

Is anyone interested in the woman who said her niece was the victim of an attempted abduction? <modsnip>
I have more screen shots I will post if I am allowed to. Just want this information out.

Sierra is a follower of his on Twitter, maybe they are talking to all her Twit pals or maybe he is just a friend of hers. I was glad to see the FBI is out and investigating, the fact that the SAR teams aren't out was discouraging to hear.

At first, I thought this was a case of a runaway and while the jury's still out on that and some of us keep wondering if this is a possibility, I have to question whether or not the FBI would be involved and taking time to question (in person) her twitter pals if there wasn't more to this story? LE must have SOMETHING that is leading them in the direction of kidnapping and/or violence against her, right? Otherwise, wouldn't this have stayed within local LE agencies? Would the FBI become involved simply because of a discarded phone and bag with clothes hidden off the side of road? There just HAS to be more that we don't know.

I really don't think the FBI would send a dozen of their own out if they thought this was just a runaway. Way too many resources out there.

No, she is not a typical 15-year-old. A 15-year-old has absolutely no business going anywhere other than school without their parents. The language (besides the n word, which is awful and should never be used) doesn't bother me. The talk about drugs and sex and violence. That is a red flag. Even if she was trying to be "cool," that is still alarming. A 15-year-old is still a kid. A kid with absolutely zero real life experience and very little hope of making correct decisions in bad situations.

So, no, the way she portrayed herself isn't typical. And it isn't ok.

That type of stuff DOES bring attention from the wrong kind of people.

BBM

I am not sure what that means,' that a 15 yr old has no business going anywhere but school with their parents.' My kids went to lots of places without us at age 15. So I guess I disagree about that.

I didn't see any talk about violence in her tweets. Maybe I missed them. And there were a few mentions of getting high, but not anything that extreme, imo. Maybe it's because I grew up in the california Bay Area that I see her comments as being kind of typical. When I see that a kid posts about smoking pot it does not freak me out that much. I see it as kind of a rite of passage that they need to overcome. Lots of 14 and 15 yr olds experiment with it. My oldest NEVER ever tried it, but my youngest did. She moved on from it quickly because she felt it made her eat too much lol But I don't see Sierra as being that wild or troubled, just vocal and emotional.

I didn't see that much about 'sex' per se' either. There were some sexy images, but they were not pix of herself. Just the usual ones that her friends all post and re-post from the cache. And most of the edgy comments were actually lyrics from rap songs, including the N word and the d-word references. I don't like it but it is what the kids listen to nowadays.

The only reason I bother to keep writing these long replies is that I feel that we need to remember that Sierra is THE VICTIM here. She is NOT a gang member, or a promiscuous drug addict. She is a missing young lady who needs our help desperately.

I really don't think the FBI would send a dozen of their own out if they thought this was just a runaway. Way too many resources out there.

That's exactly what I thought! The financial cost, alone, of all these searches and agencies involved? No way. They have tangible evidence this girl was taken against her will. IMO.

I don't think anyone is judging Sierra, we're all trying to figure out what happened to her and are hoping and praying for her safe return.

We all obviously have different opinions on what is "normal" (normal, not common) and maybe even acceptable for 15-year-olds. My opinions come from being a young adult myself.

I do agree that she obviously had pain, like most teenagers do, probably more so. I have compassion for people; when I see a drug addict (not saying Sierra is one at all, just using an analogy) I know there must be pain they're masking.

Its not about being a bad person; a person in pain and in a certian frame of mind is more likely to take risks and do things that a person who is peachy keen emotionally won't. May or may not mean anything concerning this case

I still do think some of her tweets and blog posts were valid reasons for concern.

That's exactly what I thought! The financial cost, alone, of all these searches and agencies involved? No way. They have tangible evidence this girl was taken against her will. IMO.

They would've taken the search further away if they believed she was a runaway. They wouldn't still be looking in Morgan Hill.

I would like to believe she could've ran away because she would be safer, but it doesn't really look like it.

My heart breaks for this young lady and for her friends and family. I heard on news radio that her purse and folded clothes were found off a highway....That scares me more. For me that points to a possible abduction. moo of course.

They would've taken the search further away if they believed she was a runaway. They wouldn't still be looking in Morgan Hill.

I would like to believe she could've ran away because she would be safer, but it doesn't really look like it.

Yah, a runaway imoo wouldn't fold her clothes and toss them out. A runaway would hide her things. I don't like the direction this could be going in.

At first, I thought this was a case of a runaway and while the jury's still out on that and some of us keep wondering if this is a possibility, I have to question whether or not the FBI would be involved and taking time to question (in person) her twitter pals if there wasn't more to this story? LE must have SOMETHING that is leading them in the direction of kidnapping and/or violence against her, right? Otherwise, wouldn't this have stayed within local LE agencies? Would the FBI become involved simply because of a discarded phone and bag with clothes hidden off the side of road? There just HAS to be more that we don't know.

I agree with you, plus several of the twitter's are saying they are being re-interviewed today. IIRC, LE performed a cursory forensic examination of her cell phone and laptop and found nothing. Yesterday or the day before, Cardoza said something about looking deeper at both of those items.

Maybe they found something that they need to go back and ask her friends about? Perhaps they found a name and are trying to track someone down?

A couple of reminders:

1. Clearly identify your opinions with a JMO, IMO, :cow:

2. Sierra is a juvenile, and a victim. Her family are also victims and have clearly been ruled out as POIs by LE. We're here to sleuth out what happened to Sierra, not to make judgements about what kind of person she is or how she is being raised.

Where this post lands is random, and :tyou:

I don't think anyone is judging Sierra, we're all trying to figure out what happened to her and are hoping and praying for her safe return.

We all obviously have different opinions on what is "normal" (normal, not common) and maybe even acceptable for 15-year-olds. My opinions come from being a young adult myself.

I do agree that she obviously had pain, like most teenagers do, probably more so. I have compassion for people; when I see a drug addict (not saying Sierra is one at all, just using an analogy) I know there must be pain they're masking.

Its not about being a bad person; a person in pain and in a certian frame of mind is more likely to take risks and do things that a person who is peachy keen emotionally won't. May or may not mean anything concerning this case

I still do think some of her tweets and blog posts were valid reasons for concern.

I agree with you. She had some painful issues to deal with. I am just saying that some are saying she was ' All about drugs/sex/ and violence.' And I think that is an unfair assessment. I think that pop culture today is all about drugs sex and violence, hence it is evident in many teens social venues.

I just don't see her as violent or drug addicted or promiscuous and that is what I was trying to say.

I (think) I found a pic of her in the sweatshirt being discussed.
tumblr_lvylf44GsN1qfcpeeo1_500.jpg

Is this the type of shirt locals were thinking about?
Pretty sure it's her.

I agree with you, plus several of the twitter's are saying they are being re-interviewed today. IIRC, LE performed a cursory forensic examination of her cell phone and laptop and found nothing. Yesterday or the day before, Cardoza said something about looking deeper at both of those items.

Maybe they found something that they need to go back and ask her friends about? Perhaps they found a name and are trying to track someone down?

Cardoza's presser from 3/24/12:
Sierra LaMar -CA- :: 3/24/12 Sgt Jose Cardoza Presser about the 4th search, the largest yet video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket

At about 2:50, he respond to a question about the phone and laptop.
"those were initial checks, searches that our CSI team did. The county crime lab now has, uh, we have submitted Sierra's property and (unintelligible) cell phone. The county crime lab from Santa Clara County will be doing more extensive forensic searches to see if hopefully we can get something out of that".

I agree with you. She had some painful issues to deal with. I am just saying that some are saying she was ' All about drugs/sex/ and violence.' And I think that is an unfair assessment. I think that pop culture today is all about drugs sex and violence, hence it is evident in many teens social venues.

I just don't see her as violent or drug addicted or promiscuous and that is what I was trying to say.

IMHO i don't think she is heavy into drugs either.. But you know if anything good comes out of this reading some of her friends tweets lately I hope it has open their eyes to what this world is all about.

Don't know if this has been posted yet but anyone know what the most recent tweet is all about (give it a minute to show up if it isn't there right away), it is something about her phone. Please disregard if this has already been discussed.

http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23FreeScott

I think he is talking about his phone.I read it twice.That's the way they talk,Twitter has a word limit on Tweets and they won't send it if over the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
penelopeb