17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I am just saying that my own 23 yr old son, who is half black, and is a security guard while he is working his way through school, is very afraid of young black teens wearing hoodies when he is working the night shift. He is not a racist, but he knows the attitude that many of the wannabe thugs have, and he is very wary of them. They have the reputation of being very quick to anger and of being armed.

RBBM...:waitasec: reputation

I don't want to take this further off topic, I was asking because that was the answer to how this all relates to this case?

Just jumping in real quick. When my youngest was 2 he took a tumble down the stairs, I called ER and asked if he should be checked out and was told not without noticeable injuries. No Blood, No bumps, No bruises etc. 3 days later while he was asleep with me I noticed his breathing was funny & took him in, nose broken.

Yes, but a two-year-old would not verbally be able to tell you, "Look ma, my nose is broken." An adult would know if their nose was broken.

I want all the facts to come out before I make a final call....... That included making a call on the video that shows GZ with no cuts, bruises, scrapes supposedly.

It's my understanding that she didn't live remotely near there, and may not have even known where Trayvon was to tell the police where to even go? He wasn't at his usual residence, but staying with his dad/dad's fiance? Who could she call? 911 in her town and tell them what? I don't know where he is? I don't know that she thought he'd been killed? That isn't usually where people's mind goes to first, imo.

She had his phone number. That is enough in a distress, they can dial the number and see where it is. I would have dialed 911 in a heart beat.

But frankly that may not have saved him, it all did happen to quick.

Just jumping in real quick. When my youngest was 2 he took a tumble down the stairs, I called ER and asked if he should be checked out and was told not without noticeable injuries. No Blood, No bumps, No bruises etc. 3 days later while he was asleep with me I noticed his breathing was funny & took him in, nose broken.

Sounds like bad advise with a possible head trauma anyway. A person could have no noticeable injuries and appear fine, then die (like Natasha Richardson).

The McClains have demonstrated pure grace and class, IMHO. Good for them!

I hope Spike Lee's career and reputation are destroyed. I know I won't put a single penny into his pocket.

BBM

I haven't put a penny in his pocket since I tried watching "Jungle Fever" years ago.

IMO, rather than being a positive influence, he helps perpetuate negative stereotypes. Plus, I don't think he's half as good as a director as he thinks he is. :)

From everything I know and have seen... When you have your nose broken.... you also have eye swelling and blackeyes.. I saw these things when my Ex got in a fight and got his nose broke... I didn't see either on the video of GZ... :moo::moo:

I got a broken nose from my ex. My eyes did not swell nor did I have black eyes. My nose did bleed a bit, but not really bad. My nose to this day is a bit crooked from that blow. Oh it was the the last one also. I didnt seek help cause like most abused wifes I didnt want him to go to jail. But I did leave after that.

I'll just be glad when this is all over and hopefully it will be peaceful. And true justice be served.

They are lucky it was not worse... How irresponsible are they. GRRR

Sounds like bad advise with a possible head trauma anyway. A person could have no noticeable injuries and appear fine, then die (like Natasha Richardson).

That was such a sad case!

She had his phone number. That is enough in a distress, they can dial the number and see where it is. I would have dialed 911 in a heart beat.

But frankly that may not have saved him, it all did happen to quick.

She is a teenage girl? She didn't know he'd been killed? Why call 911...my bf's phone got disconnected? *shrug*

I agree that black on black crime is a huge problem, but it really has nothing to do with this case?

I think that black leaders are more upset with the way Sanford Police handled the investigation from the very moment it happened and I agree with them 100%. If they would have done what they did in the Dooley case, this case would have never even made it past Florida, imo. Heck, in the Dooley case, there is a witness that claims the victim made physical contact with Dooley first and I still think Dooley should be arrested, charged, and convicted.

I understand 100% why Trayvon's family wanted answers and wanted it to be looked at by someone else. Sanford Police have a reputation. They have obviously made statements to the media in George Zimmerman's defense and then making sure to make a snide comment about Trayvon or his parents.

BBM

But it DOES have something to do with this case. It has a lot to do with this case, imo. My son is 23 and is mixed race. I have had to tell him forever that he has to be above board and upfront because people are going to be suspicious of him at times.

Now WHY is that? Is it just out and out racism by whites? Or is there a reason that a watchman is going to be suspicious and even afraid of a black teen wearing a hoodie? Black on black crime is indicative of the heightened level of violence that many young 'thugs' play out. We have a lot of 15 yr old black kids packing guns in their baggie pants. And that is no joke.

Have you ever watched the 'First 48' ? That documents some of the out of control thuggery that is out there. Teens killing each other over 20 dollar bags of weed. Shooting random drivers so they can use their cars for an hour or so.

That is relevant, imo, because that is why people might see a 6 ft tall black teen in a hoodie, walking the neighborhood, and be afraid of them. Because statisitcally, that teen is five times more likely to be armed than a white or Asian teen wearing the same hoodie.

I'm a Spike Lee fan. I also write screenplays, so I appreciate film in general. I don't agree with what he did and was very angry with him for it, but he was quick to right his wrong. He admitted he was wrong, contacted the victims personally, and has agreed to compensate them. If the actual victims can forgive him for such a stupid, irresponsible mistake, so can I.

They never said any such thing. That is a libelous statement. You should be more careful, especially when you name names.

"Blacks are under attack," said the Rev. Jesse Jackson, irresponsibly turning the Florida shooting death of an unarmed black teenager, Trayvon Martin, at the hands of Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman into a barometer of black-white "race-relations."

I agree that black on black crime is a huge problem, but it really has nothing to do with this case?

I think that black leaders are more upset with the way Sanford Police handled the investigation from the very moment it happened and I agree with them 100%. If they would have done what they did in the Dooley case, this case would have never even made it past Florida, imo. Heck, in the Dooley case, there is a witness that claims the victim made physical contact with Dooley first and I still think Dooley should be arrested, charged, and convicted.

I understand 100% why Trayvon's family wanted answers and wanted it to be looked at by someone else. Sanford Police have a reputation. They have obviously made statements to the media in George Zimmerman's defense and then making sure to make a snide comment about Trayvon or his parents.

I do not think it was a racial crime.
But this is what I do think.
His father saved his arz or at least it appeared that way at first.
Now it will end up being a huge enormous case.
But it is NOT a racial case.
It is how our system works -
IF you have some clout - you call in favors and things happen.
:(

She is a teenage girl? She didn't know he'd been killed? Why call 911...my bf's phone got disconnected? *shrug*

After he tells you he's being followed by a creepy, weird man, you hear them exchange words, allegedly hear shoving, the call drops, and you can't reach him again?

"Blacks are under attack," said the Rev. Jesse Jackson, irresponsibly turning the Florida shooting death of an unarmed black teenager, Trayvon Martin, at the hands of Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman into a barometer of black-white "race-relations."

Rev. Jesse Jackson, is not someone we need to listen to. he is one more hate person.

RBBM...:waitasec: reputation

I don't want to take this further off topic, I was asking because that was the answer to how this all relates to this case?

Because of the violent gangs in this city, YES, they have a reputation. They work hard to have that reputation.

BBM

But it DOES have something to do with this case. It has a lot to do with this case, imo. My son is 23 and is mixed race. I have had to tell him forever that he has to be above board and upfront because people are going to be suspicious of him at times.

Now WHY is that? Is it just out and out racism by whites? Or is there a reason that a watchman is going to be suspicious and even afraid of a black teen wearing a hoodie? Black on black crime is indicative of the heightened level of violence that many young 'thugs' play out. We have a lot of 15 yr old black kids packing guns in their baggie pants. And that is no joke.

Have you ever watched the 'First 48' ? That documents some of the out of control thuggery that is out there. Teens killing each other over 20 dollar bags of weed. Shooting random drivers so they can use their cars for an hour or so.

That is relevant, imo, because that is why people might see a 6 ft tall black teen in a hoodie, walking the neighborhood, and be afraid of them. Because statisitcally, that teen is five times more likely to be armed than a white or Asian teen wearing the same hoodie.

Maybe I am not a easily intimidated person because I've been to some very dangerous places here in the United States. One of my favorite places is Detroit and I go there at least once a year. I'm usually the only white person anywhere I go in Detroit. It doesn't bother me?

But I love skydiving, rollercoasters, and jumping off buildings too (Vegas). I think I might be crazy?

ETA: I am always going to the USA fleemarket in Miami! Love that place! They have the best mango's! Mango's and Heineken! Yummy!

MARY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - For the first time since that fateful night on February 26, the father of a neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed an unarmed teenager sat down for a television interview.

Robert Zimmerman, father of George Zimmerman, said he decided it was time to speak out for his son, against the advice of others. He shared with us what George said happened on the night that 17-year-old Trayvon Martin died.

Complete coverage of Trayvon Martin shooting

"It's my understanding that Trayvon Martin got on top of him and just started beating him," the 64-year-old Robert Zimmerman said.

He said he felt his son has been portrayed in the wrong way. He also said he and his family have received death threats and asked that we not show his face on camera.

<modsnip>

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...sive-robert-zimmerman-interview#ixzz1qY9bQJcV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth