17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lurk:

Watch the bashing folks. Choose your words very carefully. Think about what you are posting before you click "submit reply". If you're going to post in this thread, you have to be very responsible. It ain't easy considering the emotions, but it is required. I suggest that everyone preview their posts first.

When you put Fulton's phrase in context, it makes perfect sense.

"But what does Fulton believe is the most likely set of circumstances that led to her son being killed? "I believe that George Zimmerman hunted my son like an animal, tried to detain my son. My son tried to get away and because he could not detain my son, an altercation ensued and my son was shot and killed.""

Link

If Zimmerman is arrested, wouldn't he be able to take a plea deal? Again, I am not an attorney by any means, just curious as to how the family would feel justice was done without a long, drawn out trial process? I think, if charges are filed, his taking a deal would suffice.

All JMO
This is a myth that was perpetuated throughout Casey Anthony's trial- a plea deal must be offered by the prosecutor. The defendant doesn't just get one because they want one, and they have to agree to it!

Right, but the HOA didn't say it, the SPD did. And the suit will be against the HOA, and the HOA will say the SPD was just as wrong about this as they were about everything else. Now if there were a statement from an HOA member saying that GZ was on patrol, that would be pretty hard to overcome. I'm seriously wondering whether the SPD deliberately threw the HOA under the bus or what. I knew I should never have registered here. I need to WORK!!!! lol

For the PD to make that statement in writing they have evidence to the fact I bet. Probably in George's statement. After all we have seen a pattern of George having an excuse for everything he does. IMO

Was Trayvon wearing a grill the night he was shot?

NO!! I believe there was a twitter pic with him wearing a grill....
WHY this matters goes into the psyche of those I prefer not to analyze :)

Right, but the HOA didn't say it, the SPD did. And the suit will be against the HOA, and the HOA will say the SPD was just as wrong about this as they were about everything else. Now if there were a statement from an HOA member saying that GZ was on patrol, that would be pretty hard to overcome. I'm seriously wondering whether the SPD deliberately threw the HOA under the bus or what. I knew I should never have registered here. I need to WORK!!!! lol

I appreciate your input-very helpful. So, we've heard from the SPD. If we hear from the HOA someday, it will be interesting to hear their take. It might turn out that both pot and kettle will be trying to throw one another under the bus, but for different self interests.

Was Trayvon wearing a grill the night he was shot?

Guess we will have to wait for the autopsy report to be absolutely sure, but......I have seen no report that says Trayvon was wearing a grill the night he was murdered. So why it should even be a topic of such contention is beyond me? If Trayvon was not wearing a grill the night he was murdered then what a grill has to do with anything is irrelevant.

I can see both sides of this issue. I would choose the word "understandable" rather than "justified." Maybe just semantics, but it might bring the temperature of the discussion down a bit. jmo.

:truce:

It became weird for me when SB said "they" killed her son and now "they" are trying to kill his reputation. I understand her wanting to blame GZ, but I don't understand who else she feels was involved in his death.

OK, thanks. I will consider the grill irrelevant for now. Whatever it symbolizes GZ had no way of knowing TM had ever seen one unless he is a psychic detective so I can't see how it made TM seem more suspicious if it wasn't there.

When you put Fulton's phrase in context, it makes perfect sense.

"But what does Fulton believe is the most likely set of circumstances that led to her son being killed? "I believe that George Zimmerman hunted my son like an animal, tried to detain my son. My son tried to get away and because he could not detain my son, an altercation ensued and my son was shot and killed.""

Link

:tyou:
This is my belief as well but unfortunately.. as of yet... can not be substantiated. The SYG defense can only be based on GZ's testimony and IMO that is dreadfully WRONG!

It became weird for me when SB said "they" killed her son and now "they" are trying to kill his reputation. I understand her wanting to blame GZ, but I don't understand who else she feels was involved in his death.

I'm guessing the 'they' she's referring to is all those looking to find every little piece of real or imagined dirt on her son in order suggest he had it coming somehow. JMO

Grills are bling. Bling is status in gangsta culture. And bling can imply wealth through illegal means, such as drug dealing. Kinda like bartering, or fancy money laundering. A way to keep illegal gain$ on your person and out of the bank where authorities might sniff it out. Or if a seller receives jewelry in lieu of payment for drugs he's selling, he can melt it down and have it made into new bling, or a grill.

All JMO. Nothing whatsoever implied toward TM, just adding to the discussion re grills/bling in gangsta culture.

As Sigmund Freud once said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

I have a couple of slightly wicked-looking sterling silver skull rings that I like to wear now and then when the mood strikes. However, I can assure you they are nothing more than ornamentation - a fashion statement. They don't make me a member of a motorcycle gang, I don't worship Satan, and I don't claim to be the Grim Reaper, either. :)

Adolescents often adopt fashions and customs in their search for identity, and don't necessarily subscribe to all the meanings and beliefs that others may associate with them. It's just a fad, or a temporary interest, and doesn't always signify anything deeper.

What really matters here is GZ's state of mind regarding Trayvon that night. Just what was it about his appearance or actions that Zimmerman claims was "suspicious"? I have never seen a single report stating that TM wore a grill the night of his death, and honestly don't see why we're still debating the issue other than to try and cast aspersions on the victim.

IMO

I'm guessing the 'they' she's referring to is all those looking to find every little piece of real or imagined dirt on her son in order suggest he had it coming somehow. JMO

There is no "they" that shot Trayvon.
Only 1 person.

I also found that statement rather odd.

Guess we will have to wait for the autopsy report to be absolutely sure, but......I have seen no report that says Trayvon was wearing a grill the night he was murdered. So why it should even be a topic of such contention is beyond me? If Trayvon was not wearing a grill the night he was murdered then what a grill has to do with anything is irrelevant.

As was the hoodie - but that conversation took on a life of its own by people who didn't know the facts of the case. I, for one, know a grill had nothing to do with this tragedy, I think we all do. I think the younguns are teaching the oldies a thing or two about what might be in or out with the kids. Remember when being a hippie was synonymous with unemployed, draft dodging, druggies? I was the picture of a hippe chick in high school - I didn't understand the implications at all - I just liked the headbands and bell bottoms.

For the PD to make that statement in writing they have evidence to the fact I bet. Probably in George's statement. After all we have seen a pattern of George having an excuse for everything he does. IMO

I think the HOA would argue that GZ's statements also were inaccurate. And if GZ is arrested or convicted, there's a very good chance that it will be because his statements to the SPD regarding what happened that night are not credible, as already mentioned by one of the investigating officers iirc. Either way, imo, the statement would have to have come from the HOA itself to be truly damning. There is no selective credibility at trial. jmo

?????? What??????
I Don't see how this is remotely relevant. The Martins have been the picture of grace in the face of a nightmare. They have done nothing but set an example of how one patiently waits for justice. That means waiting for an arrest and trial if and when they come. That is all it means.

I don't know why you attached the above to my question to the poster who raised the issue.

Was it not obvious that I agree with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny