17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official didn't know the charge and spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to release the information. The official said that authorities know where Zimmerman is.

from
http://www.news4jax.com/news/Report...death/-/475880/10534442/-/boe6fe/-/index.html

This news story was updated @ 3:32.

BBM - I never doubted that for a moment. Some would argue that knowing where he was - was in the interest of keeping the peace.

The question is, why didn't his attorneys know where he is? :banghead:

BBM - I never doubted that for a moment. Some would argue that knowing where he was - was in the interest of keeping the peace.

I'm starting to think it was a ploy to make GZ seem crazy and may be he is incompetent to stand trial? Who knows! Those Ya-hoo's make no sense?

I think they were BS-ing for fear of someone doing something to them.
MOO

Why do we have to wait until 6pm? I'm thinking they already have GZ and they are driving him in (maybe a couple hour drive)? And they want him to actually be arrested before announcing it?

Was just looking at the story on Yahoo news and all the (for them) usual disgusting comments that followed. To hear a lot of these people talk, Treyvon was a hardened criminal and GZ was saint of the year., I don't think it was entirely the other way around but I think the apparent racial divide shaping up on this thing is scary.
Many people in the country live in their own little comfort zones. They have no idea how others live and do not want to know or be reminded. A young black teen was out wearing a hoodie that night and so he was shot. Guess they don't see the big deal. Frightening..

I'm starting to think it was a ploy to make GZ seem crazy and may be he is incompetent to stand trial? Who knows! Those Ya-hoo's make no sense?

IMO incompetence to stand trial would require more than just some instances of apparently unreasonable or ill-advised behavior with regard to one's lawyers.

Why do we have to wait until 6pm? I'm thinking they already have GZ and they are driving him in (maybe a couple hour drive)? And they want him to actually be arrested before announcing it?

From what I understand they have to get a judge to agree or disagree with the charges. I don't know if they do this before or after the arrest. Either that or maybe they are giving Zimmerman time to turn himself in. Not sure.

Was just looking at the story on Yahoo news and all the (for them) usual disgusting comments that followed. To hear a lot of these people talk, Treyvon was a hardened criminal and GZ was saint of the year., I don't think it was entirely the other way around but I think the apparent racial divide shaping up on this thing is scary.
Many people in the country live in their own little comfort zones. They have no idea how others live and do not want to know or be reminded. A young black teen was out wearing a hoodie that night and so he was shot. Guess they don't see the big deal. Frightening..

These kinds of cases always bring these people out from under their rocks. I personally would rather them be vocal and show us that they are still out there. Knowing is a lot better than not knowing? IMO.

BBM

You think Treyvon was shot because he was black and wore a hoodie?

What facts do we have? Who saw what and had been seen by who? Witnesses? I ask as I am confused!

I had the tv on in another room and caught a little of someone talking, don't know who it was, but they were discussing the charges and brought up the charge possibly being 2nd degree, with a lesser charge of manslaughter included.

That makes sense to me.

ETA: now someone was talking about the fact that Trayvon was only 17 makes it first degree anyway.

I really need a tv in the same room where I'm working lol.

JMHO

From what I understand they have to get a judge to agree or disagree with the charges. I don't know if they do this before or after the arrest. Either that or maybe they are giving Zimmerman time to turn himself in. Not sure.

the judge has to sign off on the charges or the warrant before they can arrest Zimmerman. Its really a formality.

IMO incompetence to stand trial would require more than just some instances of apparently unreasonable or ill-advised behavior with regard to one's lawyers.

Yes, and running away is not the same thing as mental illness. :twocents:

Was just looking at the story on Yahoo news and all the (for them) usual disgusting comments that followed. To hear a lot of these people talk, Treyvon was a hardened criminal and GZ was saint of the year., I don't think it was entirely the other way around but I think the apparent racial divide shaping up on this thing is scary. Many people in the country live in their own little comfort zones. They have no idea how others live and do not want to know or be reminded. A young black teen was out wearing a hoodie that night and so he was shot. Guess they don't see the big deal. Frightening..

BRBM
This is what I amtalking about too. It's the racial thing that is scary. I am not raciest in any way but the way some people think.:gasp:

I just want justice period!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member