17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many juveniles are charged for assault.

and you don't know about it because they are juveniles. Their records are private. They are not identified by name. And when they turn 18 the records are expunged.

When I was doing consulting, I needed and got a security clearance to see criminal histories in the state's database. (I was looking to see who had re-offended afer release to compare the rehabilitation program group to the control group). I was surprised to learn that children as young as 7 had been arrested. People often think that juvenile records are kept separate and sealed but they aren't, at least not in my state. I don't have the link right now but I did read where the Department of Justice had confirmed that Trayvon had no criminal record, not even of arrests.

I would really like to know how many other murderers who have been charged with second degree murder are currently out on bond in the state of Florida?

~jmo~
Ernestine Broxsie was charged with second degree murder and given a bond of $50,000.

You should know this, you're the one that brought up the case to begin with. :)

and you don't know about it because they are juveniles. Their records are private. They are not identified by name. And when they turn 18 the records are expunged.

Not in my state. The only time juvenile records are expunged is if the parents or the juvenile as an adult goes to court and gets a court order to have them expunged. And they are identified by name, social security number, birth date, race and they are given a state bureau of investigation number which will continue to be used through their lives if they are ever arrested again.

Oh I promise you if TM assaulted ANY employee at his school he would have been arrested and charged!

Florida Statute 784.081 provides that enhanced criminal penalties be imposed on anyone who commits an assault against a school employee.
784.081 Assault or battery on specified officials or employees; reclassification of offenses.—
(1) For purposes of this section, the term “sports official” means any person who serves as a referee, an umpire, or a linesman, and any person who serves in a similar capacity as a sports official who may be known by another title, which sports official is duly registered by or is a member of a local, state, regional, or national organization that is engaged in part in providing education and training to sports officials.
(2) Whenever a person is charged with committing an assault or aggravated assault or a battery or aggravated battery upon any elected official or employee of: a school district; a private school; the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind; a university lab school; a state university or any other entity of the state system of public education, as defined in s. 1000.04; a sports official; an employee or protective investigator of the Department of Children and Family Services; an employee of a lead community-based provider and its direct service contract providers; or an employee of the Department of Health or its direct service contract providers, when the person committing the offense knows or has reason to know the identity or position or employment of the victim, the offense for which the person is charged shall be reclassified as follows:
(a) In the case of aggravated battery, from a felony of the second degree to a felony of the first degree.
(b) In the case of aggravated assault, from a felony of the third degree to a felony of the second degree.
(c) In the case of battery, from a misdemeanor of the first degree to a felony of the third degree.
(d) In the case of assault, from a misdemeanor of the second degree to a misdemeanor of the first degree.
(3) An assault, aggravated assault, battery, or aggravated battery upon a sports official shall be reclassified pursuant to subsection (2) only if such offense is committed upon the sports official when he or she is actively participating as a sports official in an athletic contest or immediately following such athletic contest

MSM says TM had no criminal record.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — More than six weeks after he shot and killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old with no criminal record, George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch coordinator at a small gated community in Sanford, Fla., was charged by a special prosecutor on Wednesday evening with second-degree murder and taken into custody.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/12/u...n-trayvon-martin-shooting.html?pagewanted=all

When I was doing consulting, I needed and got a security clearance to see criminal histories in the state's database. (I was looking to see who had re-offended afer release to compare the rehabilitation program group to the control group). I was surprised to learn that children as young as 7 had been arrested. People often think that juvenile records are kept separate and sealed but they aren't, at least not in my state. I don't have the link right now but I did read where the Department of Justice had confirmed that Trayvon had no criminal record, not even of arrests.

BBM
The state Department of Juvenile Justice confirmed Monday that Martin does not have a juvenile offender record. The information came after a public records request by The Associated Press.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ims-he-was-aggressor-in-deadly-confrontation/

Also Monday, state Department of Juvenile Justice confirmed that Martin does not have a juvenile offender record. The information came after a public records request by The Associated Press.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46858504/ns/us_news-life/t/trayvon-martin-school-suspension-linked-pot/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...day-article-1.1064429?localLinksEnabled=false

Trayvon Martin suspect George Zimmerman could go free Friday
Lawyer says he needs ‘some place safe’ to go after bond hearing

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...n-free-friday-article-1.1064429#ixzz1sWf9w1pN

BBM There's a lovely church in St. Port Lucie that O'Mara should look into! I would love to see GZ being locked in a compound with FCA! He would beg to go back to jail!

Not in my state. The only time juvenile records are expunged is if the parents or the juvenile as an adult goes to court and gets a court order to have them expunged. And they are identified by name, social security number, birth date, race and they are given a state bureau of investigation number which will continue to be used through their lives if they are ever arrested again.

I assume you're not trying to say they are available to the public. They are not. Of course, some people need access to them for legitimate court reasons. So for, example, the judge, the juvenile probations department and law enforcement can see the records -- of course they can. It would be absurd to think otherwise. But they're not just going to show up on docket search or appear in the msm. As far as expungement goes, maybe the rules do vary from state to state, but juvenile records are not disclosable to the general public even if they are not expunged, and they are always expunged when requested.

It was, however, disclosed that TM had no juvenile offender record.

Does anyone think that if Trayvon was white and GZ was black, that GZ would have been arrested that first night?

Yes! I also think that if Trayvon was white and GZ was white, George would have been arrested.

MOO

I believe the fact that Trayvon was black played a role in why George was not arrested that night --- I think other things came into play too, but I do think had Trayvon been white -- George could have been White, Black, Latino, or Asian and he would have been arrested.

MOO

ETA: I am white!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...day-article-1.1064429?localLinksEnabled=false

Trayvon Martin suspect George Zimmerman could go free Friday
Lawyer says he needs ‘some place safe’ to go after bond hearing

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...n-free-friday-article-1.1064429#ixzz1sWf9w1pN

--from above article--

Orlando attorney Sherri Dewitt said prosecutors will have to reveal some of their case at the hearing.

“The prosecution will have to show, to some extent, their evidence if they are going to argue that he shouldn't make bond,” she said.

“I think he will probably make bond,” she said. “In Florida, the amount of bond is related to his ability to post, so it could be anywhere from $1,000 or more.”

--his "ability to pay"??? that makes zero sense to me. it should be based on the severity of the CRIME.

--and, does that mean the state of florida figured $500,000.00 was in the realm of kc's "ability to post" then??

http://www.swfljac.org/expunge.pdf

The Juvenile Assessment Center of Lee County, Florida has a handout explaining juvenile record keeping in the state of Florida. http://www.swfljac.org/expunge.pdf

Florida is different from my state in that records are expunged after age 24 unless the juvenile was adjudicated for a forcible felony or sex offense and then their juvenile record is merged with their adult record.

Since Trayvon was only 17, his record should be obtainable by criminal justice authorities. Even if he had been in a First Offender Program (like GZ) and had his record expunged, the arrest and disposition is still available to law enforcement (it would have to be because diversion programs are only offered once).

Nothing high tech about this, but for sound characteristic comparison, I snipped out the sound of the gunshot that killed Trayvon from the 911 tape.

I also snipped out a Kel Tec PF9 9mm target round that was shot in an unconfined space.

I have placed them 7 times in alternating order in this short vid. Close your eyes and listen the first time. See what you think as to any similarities in the crack and retort of each.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLqaV7chh1U"]Kel Tec PF9 Shot Sound Comparison - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.swfljac.org/expunge.pdf

The Juvenile Assessment Center of Lee County, Florida has a handout explaining juvenile record keeping in the state of Florida. http://www.swfljac.org/expunge.pdf

Florida is different from my state in that records are expunged after age 24 unless the juvenile was adjudicated for a forcible felony or sex offense and then their juvenile record is merged with their adult record.

Since Trayvon was only 17, his record should be obtainable by criminal justice authorities. Even if he had been in a First Offender Program (like GZ) and had his record expunged, the arrest and disposition is still available to law enforcement (it would have to be because diversion programs are only offered once).

BBM That's my home!! :heart:

We are allowing MSM links only at this time...

Blogs and Twitter links and discussion of them are allowed only if it's an approved WS link.
The only approved links at this time are:
Huffington Post & Zehnder Examiner articles.
Richard Hornsby's site

Daily Beast is not considered MSM at Websleuths, nothing to do with whether its legit or not. Any questions you can pm me or any Mod keep this thread for discussing Trayvon's case. Thank you.

Ima

Ive seen afew comments on Trayvon's parents (Mom) refusing to meet with George. I do think it would be unwise and so easily misconstrued on so many levels,,Its Wise to defer for now. Martins want to get answers to things in a court trial at this point...

Having said that tho..Once the trial is over and decisions are made on accountability of this shooter of their son..i would not put it past them to meet george. They are walking talking examples of spiritual human beings and I could see them meet with their sons killer :heartluv: These people hold no malice in their hearts and I so admire their grace and dignity :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv