17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are afraid of being seen, they could have come to court and not been on video. Why does everyone bow down to this family???

I think it is because the last name is Zimmerman, the Dad worked as a magistrate, the Mom a court clerk and the Grandfather was a Police Captain. jmo

Tit for tat is an effective strategy for game play, but not for winning hearts and minds. I was reading your posts thoughtfully, and with interest until you made that sheep comment. It felt pretty personal.

And the things the other poster was saying? None of that was directed at you, but the poster I responded to. Hence the quote box and everything.

Just IMO, but I feel Trayvon's parents were ambushed as another poster has stated. This was just plain wrong of GZ and MO'M in my opinion!

I agree they were probably caught off guard but it's a court of law.
There are two sides.
Surely they know that they will hear upsetting things there.

It just does not make sense to me that GZ would follow TM and then start a fight. You'd think he'd maybe point the gun at him and keep him there until police arrived. That's what makes me think it was self defense. JMO

How many people think here think that a gun might be a good tool to have if they're being chased down at night by a rogue watchman with a gun of his own? Just a hypothetical situation meant to encourage some critical thinking.

Well, seeing as Trayvon was too young to have a gun, it really doesn't matter --- but it would have been nice if he did! But then again, you would have people who said he had no right to shoot George just because he was following him -- yada yada yada

MOO

How many people think here think that a gun might be a good tool to have if they're being chased down at night by a rogue watchman with a gun of his own? Just a hypothetical situation meant to encourage some critical thinking.

I carry bear spray, where I walk a bear is much more likely than a rogue watchman. In a pinch I bet it would work on either, though.

It just does not make sense to me that GZ would follow TM and then start a fight. You'd think he'd maybe point the gun at him and keep him there until police arrived. That's what makes me think it was self defense. JMO

I 100% think George pulled that gun out to try and keep Trayvon from getting away -- but once he did that -- it would be this action alone that would make this case NOT self defense! The moment he pulled that gun, Trayvon had every right to defend himself!

MOO

Well, seeing as Trayvon was too young to have a gun, it really doesn't matter --- but it would have been nice if he did! But then again, you would have people who said he had no right to shoot George just because he was following him -- yada yada yada

MOO
I believe you're one of the posters that believes Zimmerman pulled a gun and started chasing Martin... I think most would agree that if someone was chasing you with a drawn gun, you have every right to shoot them.

I also never said anything about Martin. I was directing the question to everyone here, who I assume most (if not all) are of legal age to own and carry a firearm. If you were being chased by a rogue neighborhood watchman with a gun drawn, do you believe that a gun would be a useful tool to have in your possession at that time?

I never said he was responsible, just that's what he does. I'm sure he's not alone. JMO

I appreciate the honesty! I really do!! But knowing that people actually do this -- which is a crime in itself -- doesn't make me too happy or fuzzy inside!

BBM

He would have had no right to point a gun at anyone, he isn't LE. And that wouldn't show self defense, it would show he was the aggressor. Trayvon was committing no crime at the time.

And if he had pointed a gun, Trayvon would have had every right to defend himself.

JMHO

And the things the other poster was saying? None of that was directed at you, but the poster I responded to. Hence the quote box and everything.

The rest of the sheep sounded like a broad brush, but this is pretty far afield, so I am going to accept that you meant nothing offensive. Peace

I believe you're one of the posters that believes Zimmerman pulled a gun and started chasing Martin... I think most would agree that if someone was chasing you with a drawn gun, you have every right to shoot them.

I also never said anything about Martin. I was directing the question to everyone here, who I assume most (if not all) are of legal age to own and carry a firearm. If you were being chased by a rogue neighborhood watchman with a gun drawn, do you believe that a gun would be a useful tool to have in your possession at that time?

Yes, I am the one who thinks George pulled out the gun before any altercation. But remember when we had the conversation about me wanting to buy my soon to be 18-year-old niece a gun for things like this -- I believe you told me she wasn't allowed to have one at that age.

Myself, I'm not worried. My fear is with my niece and I see she is at the same disadvantage as Trayvon would be if she found herself in this same situation. She would have no way to defend herself other than trying to fight for her life.

I appreciate the honesty! I really do!! But knowing that people actually do this -- which is a crime in itself -- doesn't make me too happy or fuzzy inside!
People actually do this... without a license at all, with illegal weapons.

I, personally, obey the laws. But if criminals can carry guns wherever they please, why should otherwise law-abiding citizens have to disarm themselves?

Thank you!! My feelings have drastically changed for him after this little show today. I do not even think Baez sunk to this level. ~jmo~

I regret that I initially thought that O'Mara would act professionally and not try this case in the media:

Originally Posted by Adrienne37
I personally think O'Mara needs to stop his interviews. Pretty soon, he is going to rival another defense attorney that we are all very familiar with. Why object to all documents being released and ask for the records to be sealed if you are going to go on every available TV show and try your case in the media before making it to the courtroom? ~jmo~

I spoke too soon when I posted that I thought O'Mara seemed like a true professional who wasn't going to try this case in the media. Yeah, right

I would think that Trayvon would have at least some injuries to his hands if he punched George --- also George's blood would have been on either Trayvon's hands or clothes. I would also like to know if any damage, besides the bullet hole, Trayvon had to his jacket? Had it been pulled? Stretched?

I don't know how accurate this is, but I do remember someone coming forward saying that Trayvon had a broken nose, so it will be interesting to see if that is true?

There are so many questions unanswered.

But, if Trayvon didn't have any injuries, I guess it could be looked at two ways --

Either Trayvon was not punching/hitting/attacking George as they say or Trayvon did punch George, but not with enough force to cause any injury to his hand, and George just laid there for 44 seconds as Trayvon slammed his head into the cement (not even getting scrapes on his own hands from the cement) and decided it was enough and reached for his gun ---

Or wait -- the gun was seen before the altercation started??

It's just messy!!

MOO

As far as I know, the only person who has ever stated Trayvon had a broken nose was the congresswoman that wears the fancy hats. Sorry I can never remember her name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenny0115