17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zimmerman Attorney Says Apology Was Ill-timed...
Published on 23 April 2012 Comments (Be the first)

by Associated Press

(AP and OfficialWire)

The attorney for George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watch volunteer charged in the fatal shooting of an unarmed teen, now says Zimmerman wouldn't have apologized during the bond hearing if they'd known the teen's family felt it was the wrong time.

http://news.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=276494

Are you serious? This was discussed on the radio program? That's a little disgusting especially considering the GF is nothing more than a child herself.

~jmo~

She may be a minor but she is also a witness.Why is it disgusting to talk about a witness actions during a critical time period?The defense will bring up tweets ,facebook or any social media the witness may have been using.Her frame of mind during that time period is very important in this case.JMO

IMO If there are inconsistencies in the GF's story, MOM is going to have a field day with that on the stand.

The victim in this case is a child. How smart do you think it would be to try to tear down a 15 year old girl on cross?

(if the inconsistencies are the garbage from the right-wing conspiracy sites that I assume you're talking about; if not I apologize in advance!)

Right. His attorneys don't have anybody in the office read the news about the case.

I believe that ... not.

I think some are donating not simply because they believe GZ, but the bigger picture of what GZ's side 'represents' (gun rights, SYG, etc).

IMHO... PATHETIC.. As a society, we are morally and spiritually bankrupt...JMHO
JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW

She may be a minor but she is also a witness.Why is it disgusting to talk about a witness actions during a critical time period?The defense will bring up tweets ,facebook or any social media the witness may have been using.Her frame of mind during that time period is very important in this case.JMO

She's not on trial. Under what legal theory would her online activities come in?

by Associated Press

(AP and OfficialWire)

The attorney for George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watch volunteer charged in the fatal shooting of an unarmed teen, now says Zimmerman wouldn't have apologized during the bond hearing if they'd known the teen's family felt it was the wrong time.

Oh please, they knew d*** well that the family had just denied their request to meet so GZ could apologize.

That apology, in my opinion, was nothing nore than a defense tactic. MOM is a great defense attorney and played his cards well, and it worked in some places, we saw and heard the talk afterwards how it was said that it made GZ look much more sympathetic. MOM can say whatever he wants now but that was all about perception.

JMHO

This is a clarification about Trayvon’s girlfriend and the rules as they relate to her.

These are not new rules peeps. Anyone who has ever participated in any case, knows these rules.

This is a fact based thread.

*Minor’s are not discussed except as they might speak out in the news. Example - interview with ABC.
*Wild accusations based solely on speculation will not be allowed. That includes hints that the person was bribed, coached or her testimony otherwise influenced unless you have something other than theory or speculation to back that up.

*Minor’s pictures are not to be brought to WS unless they are the victim.
*Minor Witnesses are not sleuthed.
*Victim's families are only discussed as to their comments in the news.
*Suspects, POI’s and Accused (arrested) suspects are sleuthable.
*Those who choose to make themselves public figures, are discussed to the limits of what they say, and what is revealed in MSN. However, they are not "background" sleuthed.

Where a particular player falls in the categories, can change. We base these changes on MSM reports, new court filings etc. The moderators will relax rules as they see the need to meet shifting patterns of players.

Now here is the rule that we reworded a little:

We are asking that you treat this child as a victim, not make wild accusations about her, speculate about her motivations or actions, unless you can back it up. You can question the accuracy of the content of her ABC interview, (does it match the 911 tapes?, do the phone record times match up with the 911 call? Etc.) and you can discuss how this evidence might be perceived as hearsay. But the personal characterizations, speculations and accusations not backed up by fact, discussions about this girl's race, religion, home, school, and all other non public information about this minor, is not allowed.

Source information allowed in this thread is MSM. The exceptions being Examiner Articles by Isabelle Zehnder and The Huffington Post. NO Blogs, twitter, FB.

:bump:

The sniping at one another needs to stop. If you see something you don't believe belongs here please alert.

The victim in this case is a child. How smart do you think it would be to try to tear down a 15 year old girl on cross?

(if the inconsistencies are the garbage from the right-wing conspiracy sites that I assume you're talking about; if not I apologize in advance!)

I just meant in general, I have not read (nor will I) what those sites were saying. I understand she's underage, but she's also a key witness for the state. I don't think she'll get the kid gloves if the defense sees holes in her story. And he has every right to do that, it's his job.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about character assassination and outright smearing of a witness. We had enough that in another trial.

She's not on trial. Under what legal theory would her online activities come in?

I would think the online activities that could be relevant to the case would come in.

JMO

Oh please, they knew d*** well that the family had just denied their request to meet so GZ could apologize.

That apology, in my opinion, was nothing nore than a defense tactic. MOM is a great defense attorney and played his cards well, and it worked in some places, we saw and heard the talk afterwards how it was said that it made GZ look much more sympathetic. MOM can say whatever he wants now but that was all about perception.

JMHO

Yeah and this apology for the apology is another defense tactic... Hey, look how compassionate he is, he wanted to reach out for the family but now he's truly sorry he did because the family didn't want that...Isn't he the nicest guy?

Neighborhood watch shooter released from Fla. jail
By CHRISTINE ARMARIO, AP
19 minutes ago

MIAMI — In a low-key event, George Zimmerman was released from a Florida jail on $150,000 bail as he awaits his second-degree murder trial in the fatal shooting of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin.

The neighborhood watch volunteer was wearing a brown jacket and blue jeans and carrying a paper bag as he walked out of the jail around midnight Sunday. He was following another man and didn't look over at photographers gathered outside. The two then got into a white BMW car and drove away.

Zimmerman gave no statement as he left the jail.

His ultimate destination is being kept secret for his safety and it could be outside Florida...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120420/US.Neighborhood.Watch/?cid=hero_media

If the inconsistencies are there, I don't see her being called as a witness.

IMO.

Locked in you say? You betcha! They're locked right into this case with a defense whose core says George Zimmerman got out of his vehicle at [2:08] and followed Trayvon Martin until the dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that" at [2:26].

The State is also locked into George's claim of additionally walking, what would have required no more than 80 feet to the front of the next building, for an address or street sign

The State is further locked into, the defense's stated position of what's now record in this case, that George Zimmerman then turned around and was walking back to his car when he was brutally attacked by an unarmed 17 year old kid.

Is the State locked into that position taken by the defense in this bond hearing? You bet they are, as evidenced by the following exchange:

Is that's the State's ONLY evidence? All these geniuses in the media that see the simplicity of this Investigator's truthful reply as a negative, need to get out a calculator for a little arithmetic.

If you leave your car and walk somewhere for EIGHTEEN SECONDS, how long will it take you to walk BACK to your car?

Plus

How long does it take to walk EIGHTY additional feet for an address?

:waiting:

Add all that together and understand that is the timeline where George Zimmerman initially, and now his brilliant attorney, have told the world that this "attack" occurred leading to his justification in killing an unarmed 17 year old kid. Less than ONE MINUTE after George got out of his vehicle and started following Trayvon, his story calls for being "attacked". How long do you think it will take a jury to glance at a transcript of the 911 call and realize that George was still TALKING TO THE DISPATCHER two minutes after he got out of his vehicle?

How long do you think it will take a jury to recognize that Trayvon's body was found TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY THREE FEET away from George's vehicle?

Is that all the State's got? Probably not, but what else do they need to prove George Zimmerman is a LIAR?
Another brilliant post. I just had to requote this.

Thanks kindly Papa!

Excuse me??? I think if you review the TOS it clearly states that families, either the victim or the defendant's, are not to get trashed. At this point they are all innocent.

George's father, mother, brother, wife and others have inserted themselves into this case, their actions should be scrutinized as much as anyone else's who testify under oath. Scrutiny & analysis is not 'trashing' imo. All JMO.

Neighborhood watch shooter released from Fla. jail
By CHRISTINE ARMARIO, AP
19 minutes ago

MIAMI — In a low-key event, George Zimmerman was released from a Florida jail on $150,000 bail as he awaits his second-degree murder trial in the fatal shooting of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin.

The neighborhood watch volunteer was wearing a brown jacket and blue jeans and carrying a paper bag as he walked out of the jail around midnight Sunday. He was following another man and didn't look over at photographers gathered outside. The two then got into a white BMW car and drove away.

Zimmerman gave no statement as he left the jail.

His ultimate destination is being kept secret for his safety and it could be outside Florida...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120420/US.Neighborhood.Watch/?cid=hero_media

Many folks in Manassas, VA are probably crossing their fingers and hoping that he stays in FL versus coming home.

by Associated Press

(AP and OfficialWire)

:what: Does he read the papers?

I believe, there was no stopping GZ...he does as he pleases...but I am thinking his 'apology' will come back to bite him...it's on the record...and he again, misrepresented....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member