17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good to know because I do not want my hard earned tax money going to provide protection for a murderer. I'm sure the majority of Florida taxpayers feel the same way. The best place for him to have been is behind bars. If was so scared that he needed police protection, they shouldn't have allowed him to leave the jail.

~jmo~

:seeya: Another Floridian weighing in. Gee, I haven't even finished paying for that other case yet.

I've never heard that following someone was a crime. What statute is that and why hasn't GZ been arrested for it ?

Stalking requires the repeated following/contacting a person with an intent to harrass or harm them. GZ and TM crossed paths for ten minutes in their entire lives. It doesn't even come close to the legal definition of stalking someone. Paparrazi and private investigators follow people, and many would argue their intentions are harmful to the followee but it is not stalking. I am not going to start dragging statutes on stalking though as I don't see it as relevant to the case whatsoever.

How many credits was he from an AA degree?

What does that matter? The Anthony's threw Casey a graduation party, to keep up appearances, even though Casey was half a credit short? The whole point is trying to create an appearance of something you are not!

My niece graduates in less than a month! It's a big deal! A huge deal! We didn't throw her a party 6 months ago just because she was graduating in May? If she happened to not graduate, she wouldn't be getting anything!

It's like an NFL team, once they make the playoffs, planning a Super Bowl Parade even though they haven't even gotten to the Super Bowl yet?

MOO

IMO/JMO
Fishy indeed. I believe there is a high likelihood the gun was discussed.

On another subject from the bond hearing-- The answers to who knew what about the website and the cash it's bringing in were also fishy to me. Wouldn't a family discuss all possible avenues to get their dear husband/son out of jail? Of course they would.
When everyone seemed to turn into Sargent Shultz (I know noth-thing!!)
my hinky meter went off.

There were many mistruths/misstatements spoken in that bond hearing from Zimmerman and his family which clearly indicates to me that none of them have any respect for the law whatsoever.

~jmo~

How do you know they are harrassing you if they are just walking behind you.

I'm pretty sure you could tell the difference. Obviously Trayvon knew this guy was following him, and he was right, George was following him.

MOO

If someone was following me and I had a cell phone in my hand, I'd be on the phone with 911 in a heartbeat. I think TM was mad that GZ was following him and attacked him because he didn't see him as a threat. It's my opinion and it's subject to change.

As a teenage growing up in West Philly ( same HS as Wil Smith / Wilt Chamberlain) if someone was following me, i'd be concerned, but not enough to call police, especially if i was on the phone with my girl. Because i'd have no reason to believe this person is following me to assult me, especially if i was 6'3. Assuming Trayvon's upbrings were "more tame" than West Philly, his gaurd would even be more down upon this scenario. He had no way of knowing about the pending altercation between him and Zimmerman.

So he mentioned it to his GF, but didn't feel the need to call police or run away. IMO. I don't think Trayvon ever ran. If you look at the graphic of Zimmerman's car... Trayvon has to literally walk past it his way home. So Zimmerman was able to get a good look at Trayvon as he walked past. Then... he decided to get out of his car to follow him. I think he told dispatch this to have a reason to pursue, hoping they'd okay this so they could keep tabs on Trayvon's whereabouts.

Stalking requires the repeated following/contacting a person with an intent to harrass or harm them. GZ and TM crossed paths for ten minutes in their entire lives. It doesn't even come close to the legal definition of stalking someone. Paparrazi and private investigators follow people, and many would argue their intentions are harmful to the followee but it is not stalking. I am not going to start dragging statutes on stalking though as I don't see it as relevant to the case whatsoever.

:goodpost:

What does that matter? The Anthony's threw Casey a graduation party, to keep up appearances, even though Casey was half a credit short? The whole point is trying to create an appearance of something you are not!

My niece graduates in less than a month! It's a big deal! A huge deal! We didn't throw her a party 6 months ago just because she was graduating in May? If she happened to not graduate, she wouldn't be getting anything!

It's like an NFL team, once they make the playoffs, planning a Super Bowl Parade even though they haven't even gotten to the Super Bowl yet?

MOO

Why can't it just be a simple answer or a I don't know to the question?

At this point GZ did not know if Trayvon had a gun or not.

And here in lies the problem, we don't know what TM knew or when he knew it. All we have is the word of someone who has every reason in the world to cover his own arse.

Why would Trayvon attack GZ if he didn't think he was a threat? Just for grins?

Because he was mad that GZ was following him. Maybe his mind-set was like that of many, maybe TM thought GZ was suspicious of him because he was black and TM was going to teach him a lesson. I think if he really thought GZ was a threat he would have run or called 911. I don't think GZ was following on his heels, I believe TM did either turn around or wait for GZ, maybe to show his girlfriend how cool he was. I think it's possible he planned on teaching GZ a lesson- that he'd messed with the wrong person.

Like I said, it's my opinion. I wasn't there and I'm sad that TM died.

I'm pretty sure you could tell the difference. Obviously Trayvon knew this guy was following him, and he was right, George was following him.

MOO

Can you explain how he obviously knew he was being 'followed'? He knew some strange dude was looking at him, but then he got out of his sight.

Why can't it just be a simple answer or a I don't know to the question?

It's amazing how one asks a questions and it gets asked with another question.

No. I don't know how many credits he was away from graduating? If you know, I would love to know?

Don't worry you guys. Our taxes are paying for a lot of ridiculous things here in Oregon. In the meantime, our law enforcement officers are getting cut back at an alarming rate. :tears:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member