17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about what the money is used for it's about the fact that there are lies all over the place about this money, this website, these donations, etc. Zimmerman's family stated in the hearing that they had no money so needed a low bond yet we have now been told that the website has collected $200,000. Why would Zimmerman want anyone to put a mortgage on their home if this money was available? If that's the way he thinks, it just further convinces me that this man is truly a piece of work.

~jmo~

IIRC GZ was in a jail cell I highly doubt he had internet connection and a computer to check on his paypal account. I am sure once he was let out on bail he then checked his accts, I bet the money came in fast once he was arrested.He might have only collected a few hundred dollars before he was arrested.So how is that a lie?How can the judge penalize GZ for funds if most came in after he was arrested? I am sure no one else would have his paypal info.

LOL and O'Mara just announced on national tv this income that GZ has received so far this year, how many IRS auditors do you think took notice?
Why do you imply IRS auditors would care when it's not even halfway through the year? Taxes for income this year aren't due until April 2013.

MO'M took this case pro bono so there are no attorney's fees. I don't think he gets to change his mind when money suddenly pops up from anywhere.

He did? When did he say it was pro bono? Why would he ask for his client to be classified as indigent if it was a pro bono case?

Just hypothesizing here... What if a massive amount of donations came after the bond hearing? Everyone knew he had to cover $150k, so perhaps that sped up donations a little. I'm interested in what O'Mara has to say in court tomorrow. I seriously doubt he'd try to play games with something as obviously trackable as money.

And O'Mara's never said he didn't know about the websites. He apparently just did not know the monetary amounts in the accounts. The way I took the "What are you talking about?" was that he either didn't know there were more PayPal accounts, or that he didn't understand why it should be handled differently from the other accounts they were already dealing with.

I don't mean to step in and answer for anyone, but I think what the poster is saying is that there is no State Income Tax in FL. That does not mean that there is no Federal Income Tax (IRS). Where I live we have a State Income Tax plus pay sales tax on certain purchases and of course all states have Federal Income Tax. So if FL has no State Income Tax then GZ would not have to pay the state anything, but all the donations would need to be claimed on his Federal Tax and be therefore taxable. I hope that helped to explain it.

That made it very clear to me, THANKS! I had that in my head but it wasn't getting to my brain cells.

One more thing, why is O'Mara talking about what his client is saying to him. Isn't that a breach of client confidentiality? IANAL, so I am very curious about this.

Your lawyer can share any information you give him permission to share. An outside party cannot demand/compel him to do so.

You have to read everything about his child...he was made into a sociopath and if he was charged as a child, he'd be back in society wreaking havoc. This could not be changed in just 7 years...this poor child was used and abused and he started to use and abuse..he needs to be where he's at until his mindset can be changed...Don't think you can change a sociopath but he was nurtured into one, he wasn't born that way...while it is a sad case, it's even more sad what his victims went through...there is no winners there..except society...

Sorry I keep posting O/T, but I recently had reason to research psychopathy and the experts whose work I read all agreed that they ARE born that way. They are born without a conscience the way other people may be born without sight or hearing. Very scary stuff!

Just hypothesizing here... What if a massive amount of donations came after the bond hearing? Everyone knew he had to cover $150k, so perhaps that sped up donations a little. I'm interested in what O'Mara has to say in court tomorrow. I seriously doubt he'd try to play games with something as obviously trackable as money.

Only thing is, FT knew there was enough to cover it well BEFORE they got him out. Again, how does FT have that info if GZ and his family and his attorney had no clue???

I just want to add that MOM is one of the best - ethical, reputable, etc (that's per NeJame and per Hornsby)

We can assume the court knows this ...

MOM's not going to throw a career''s worth of excellent reputation away on GZ. He probably already has called the judge...

JMHO

Agreed.. if he's actually ethical.. I'm sure this news pissed him off as much as it pissed US off... anymore antics (or lies) and hopefully he'll tell GZ "Ba-bye!" in order to keep his OWN integrity intact (yes I used the word integrity.. I have high hopes that SOME defense lawyers still have it!)

He did? When did he say it was pro bono? Why would he ask for his client to be classified as indigent if it was a pro bono case?

Yes, O'Mara did say he was working pro bono, I heard him say it himself on the news when he first took the case.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.01.html
"...And we want to take you right now to the Criminal Justice Center in Sanford, Florida, to courtroom 5-D. We expect George Zimmerman, the man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, to walk into the courtroom at any time. With him of course will be his attorney, Mark O'Mara. O'Mara is handling this case pro bono. He will ask Judge Kenneth Lester to allow Zimmerman to post bond, to walk free until his second- degree murder case takes place..."

I just want to add that MOM is one of the best - ethical, reputable, etc (that's per NeJame and per Hornsby)

We can assume the court knows this ...

MOM's not going to throw a career''s worth of excellent reputation away on GZ. He probably already has called the judge...

JMHO

I'm sure Judge Lester knows that as well. ;)

They should! GZ and his family just flat out lied to the judge and supposedly MOM, his own lawyer about the state of their finances. I don't believe MOM but he'll slide out of it probably and GZ will take the hit....hope he is remanded to jail for lying in court, in court!!! He has no limits to his feelings of entitlement. He set the site up himself for his defense and then lies to his lawyer and the court about not having any money?????

Gotta add: The truth and GZ are strangers.....

I honestly think MOM was in the dark about the amount of money. I think he is a stand up guy with complete respect for the court. JMO

I think at the bond hearing the judge should have given MOM 24hrs to get the fund amounts to the court. Tomorrow, if I were the judge, at the hearing I would order a complete accounting of the money to find out how much was in the accounts on the day of the bond hearing. As I said in another post, it is possible for the bulk of the money in the accounts to have come in after GZ was arrested.

Where are all the lawyers?

Wow, ya don't see that question asked very often! :floorlaugh:

I do agree though. We need somebody(s) to keep focused on the legal issues. I've moved far to one side on the emotional issues, it's hard to stay objective.

:waitasec:

A flurry of fisties just broke the sound barrier somewhere in Florida tonight. It might be that that Casey nobody is a wee bit jealous here.

And O'Mara's never said he didn't know about the websites. He apparently just did not know the monetary amounts in the accounts. The way I took the "What are you talking about?" was that he either didn't know there were more PayPal accounts, or that he didn't understand why it should be handled differently from the other accounts they were already dealing with.

I'm confident the donations came in after the bond hearing.

Sorry I keep posting O/T, but I recently had reason to research psychopathy and the experts whose work I read all agreed that they ARE born that way. They are born without a conscience the way other people may be born without sight or hearing. Very scary stuff!
That would greatly depend on what psychological perspective or approach they used.

A humanist would have a greatly different opinion than a psychoanalyst, who would have a greatly different opinion than one who practiced from a biological psychology perspective.

While George was in his jail cell, he had access to a phone, and to visitors, and to his attorney and he could have told his wife, his brother, his sisters, his mother and father, his new attorney, his pal Francis B Taaffe, any number of people who he trusted to check on the website for him. To check the Pay Pal donations.

He SHOULD have told his attorney who he knew was preparing for a bond hearing for him.

There is something wrong with George, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thewelshrock1972