Weekend Discussion Thread 04/27-30/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
except most rapist don't take a partner along with them....the few I have read about that took them with the help of a partner kept them alive for years..... two cases that I could list in the US but I won't because they have been through enough JMO

This was the first time this murderous couple committed the crime they did. Neither had a location to hold a victim for 2 years, let alone 2 days. That doesn't mean that they are not a murderous couple.

I would tend to disagree. Here is a link to several murderous duos. Male and female. Just the right combination of depravity that may have never acted on their fantasies without the encouragement from the other. JMO

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/partners/index.html

I do agree that there is a history of team killers ... but you have to admit that their relationships were far more established, nothing about TLM and MR remotely resembles team killers.

The male usually initiates the molestation and the female is usually sufficiently dependent on him to remain passive in the face of violence. She fears being abandoned or beaten. ..

Connect with Mark Kelly, on CBC talks about if MR will take the stand.

I do agree that there is a history of team killers ... but you have to admit that their relationships were far more established, nothing about TLM and MR remotely resembles team killers.

Maybe they were just starting out. Given time, I'm sure they would have been as infamous as PB and KH, and all of that ilk.

Can we take a poll on who thinks MR will or will not testify ??

I hope he does, the crown will crucify him. I don't think he will tho because Derstine knows this. Judging from his police interview and facial antics at the trial, he isn't the brightest bulb in the pack. The crown would have a field day tripping him up in his lies.

Just MOO, but I think the green garbage bags were bought for three reasons:

1) Trying to prevent blood spatter.

2) To suppress the odour of decomposition, should the owner of the property be in the vicinity or anyone else.

3) To hasten the decomposition process.

All just MOO.

Bernardo and Homolka were not "established" when they murdered Karla's sister. They were a quick hookup shortly after meeting in a bar, and then a whirlwind obsession and murder by Christmas.

ETA: it was Christmas the following year that Tammy was murdered

I'm not even sure i understand the debate as to whether Tori new her abductors or not. I dont believe she did. Ultimately she ended up dead while in the custody of MJR and TLM. End of story. MOO

I find it hard to believe that TLM lived a few blocks from the school, VS new home, her aunt lived near by VS old house and she never ever saw VS with her dog ... In my experience people acknowledge people with similar dogs.

TLM had TM address in her bedroom.

TLM met TM and JG a few times.

In her journal she writes that the "she asked were Precious my dog was..."

There is more to say that there is the possibility that TLM knew who VS was then not. JMO

Pic 47
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/04/19594746.html

Five years from now, when people think of Victoria Stafford they are going to think of the little girl that changed Canadian Laws and made it a safer nation for all children.
Rodney Stafford; Victoria's Dad..

......EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS EARIER TODAY ...MAY gOD GIVE TORI'S FAMILY STRENGTH TO ENDURE TOMORROW....i KNOW i AM CONCERNED ...AND i HAVE NEVER MET OUR ANGEL ...tORI...imo...LET US REMEBER WHO THIS IS ABOUT....tORI...may our angel start to see JUstice tomorrow...i hope your thoughts agree ...robynhood ...been an awfully long 3 years!

Bernardo and Homolka were not "established" when they murdered Karla's sister. They were a quick hookup shortly after meeting in a bar, and then a whirlwind obsession and murder by Christmas.

They met in 1987 ...
TH died December 1990 ...

Five years from now, when people think of Victoria Stafford they are going to think of the little girl that changed Canadian Laws and made it a safer nation for all children.
Rodney Stafford; Victoria's Dad..

......EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS EARIER TODAY ...MAY gOD GIVE TORI'S FAMILY STRENGTH TO ENDURE TOMORROW....i KNOW i AM CONCERNED ...AND i HAVE NEVER MET OUR ANGEL ...tORI...imo...LET US REMEBER WHO THIS IS ABOUT....tORI...may our angel start to see JUstice tomorrow...i hope your thoughts agree ...robynhood ...been an awfully long 3 years!

Does he elaborate on how Victoria's murder will result in Canada being safer for children?

Do YOU know for a fact that she did know her kidnappers? The evidence actually tells us she didn't. If you think you know that she did know her kidnappers, it'd be nice if you could produce the evidence. Respectfully.

respectfully you will note that I inserted" IMO"...that is an opinion expressed not a fact I was quoting....JMO I think we are permitted to have opinions... just saying....

Bravo, <modsnip>. However, if she did, that may point to a motive for murder, that of revenge or drug debt. IMO

Thanks so much Kitty. I do get that some believe there is a drug connection and reason for motive. What i don't get is why some even feel a motive is relevant?

A Defense attorney from L.A. was on CBC News with Mark Kelly. He said that in this particular case where a finger has been pointed at MTR from TLM, he needs to take the stand.

Oh NO!!! Not a talking head! Don't pay attention ... that's the last thing Canadians need.

Well he actually made sense :) Said that because TLM testified against MR, his defense team would find it really difficult to make their case without putting him on the stand to hear in his own words his side of the story. Hmmm.

Thanks so much Kitty. I do get that some believe there is a drug connection and reason for motive. What i don't get is why some even feel a motive is relevant?

I'm still waiting for a connect the dots explanation of how a drug connection directly relates to the sexual assault and murder of a young girl.

They met in 1997 ...
TH died December 1990 ...

Respectfully Tahorn, PB and KH met in October 1987.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karla_Homolka"]Karla Homolka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UCG