Trial Thread 8 May 2012 Wrapping up Closing Arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.
They arrested MR based on her statement alone, because sexually motivation is what was expected. Had to move forward with what they had ...

What bothers me I'd that TLM should not have been walking free to begin with ... They knew she was dangerous, they had a warrant for her arrest ...

don't forget all the lies that he told in his interview to go along with TLM's statement, or the other evidence that placed him there.

Murder 101 Exam

Circle one.

18 year old delinquent, pushes young 8 year old girl into 28 year old slightly perverted man's car. The girl was on her way home from school and her mother was waiting for her and very worried she was not home on time. The car heads right to the highway, makes a stop for a hammer and some drugs. Heads to the rural in a deserted field far, far from the road. Only the man has ever been to this deserted road before. Why was the girl in the man's car? (5 marks)

a. the man and the lady needed a third person to play "monkey in the middle".

b. the man and the woman thought that would be cool when babysitting

c. she was kidnapped and will be raped and killed

d. it's been a long day so the man and woman needed to talk, walk and think about stuff

MOO

Maybe if you compare it to your own boyfriend or husband suddenly being charged with rape of a child? He had no history of this, no interest in this and did not rape Tori. JMO MOO IMO

I'm not even sure how the Crown can feel comfortable going through what they are doing on the word of a crazy, vindictive, killing b!tch. JMO MOO IMO

It did not happen. JMO MOO IMO

I wish Rodney could know for the rest of his life that his baby girl was not raped. Maybe one day he can have this detail in his heart to put to rest. JMO MOO IMO

The Crown feels comfortable because her testimony is corroborated by other evidence.

The evidence suggests that it more than likely did happen. Rodney will never be able to put any of this aside, but I feel confident that in the future he might have a bit of comfort in knowing the two people responsible for his daughter's grisly, senseless murder are in jail.

I,m behind, so this may have been addressed, but: no, it isn't. Do you know how many wannabe little gangstas there are running around urban areas in Canada? Lots.

Kids throw up gang signs in pictures and post them on FB all the time. They tag random objects with gang symbols all over the place. They wear gang colours and try to act tough and cool all the time. It isn't new, and it certainly isn't confined to TLM.

I disagree, her friend and her friends brother are known gang members. Her correspondence with the gang member was filled with gang references ...
Her gang member friend is in jail for killing someone... If walks like a duck and quakes like a duck

The Crown feels comfortable because her testimony is corroborated by other evidence.

The evidence suggests that it more than likely did happen. Rodney will never be able to put any of this aside, but I feel confident that in the future he might have a bit of comfort in knowing the two people responsible for his daughter's grisly, senseless murder are in jail.

Not that comfortable for the crown attacked TLM on the stand ...

My daughters boyfriend doesn't have a back seat, he has speakers too ... More common then one would think ...

As far as the kidnapping, TLM was a gang member, reputation is everything, she was a junkie and a vindictive psychopath ... $400 would be reason enough to kidnap the child ... But when MR didn't agree VS became a liability ...

MR didn't have speakers in his back seat.

I disagree, her friend and her friends brother are known gang members. Her correspondence with the gang member was filled with gang references ...
Her gang member friend is in jail for killing someone... If walks like a duck and quakes like a duck

So what you are saying is....TLM made friends with someone in jail who is a gang member, so that makes TLM a gang member......well I guess MR is too, afterall he was friends with TLM.

....yes, none of that makes any sense does it. There is no proof that TLM was in a gang....perhaps a wanna be, but no proof she was in one AND what difference does it make anyways. JMO

Thank you to all you wonderful sleuthers who have been taking valuable time out of your busy lives to post Tweets on the Tori's forum time and time again. You people rock! :D <3 xoxo

Justice for Tori is just days away!!!

The Crown impressed me so much today. No stone left unturned. Absolutely brilliant lawyers!! <3 Many thanks for all their hard work and dedication in bringing justice for Tori. And society as a whole.

TLM coat, why would MR ask TLM to take her coat off so he could wipe his penis? Why not use the tights, skirt, or VS coat? I believe threw TLM coat out because she killed VS and it had nothing to do with rape.

The coat had to go anyway in case she was spotted. It was probably the only thing handy at the time. JMO

Totally OT here, but wanted to share something light ..

For the past 3 or 4 days when i've gone to my car, there is some serious bird poop on the driver's door. No overhead wires or bushes where this birdie could be hanging out. I just looked out my window to see a young robin, clinging to the frame ... having a great tete a tete with the other young birdie in my sideview mirror :)

I had this guy hanging out in my tree, guess my dog chased him up there (it is a racoon)

Attachments

• 546704_10151682673535434_538070433_24397479_1300376159_n.jpg
    546704_10151682673535434_538070433_24397479_1300376159_n.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 21
Murder 101 Exam

Circle one.

18 year old delinquent, pushes young 8 year old girl into 28 year old slightly perverted man's car. The girl was on her way home from school and her mother was waiting for her and very worried she was not home on time. The car heads right to the highway, makes a stop for a hammer and some drugs. Heads to the rural in a deserted field far, far from the road. Only the man has ever been to this deserted road before. Why was the girl in the man's car? (5 marks)

d. it's been a long day so the man and woman needed to talk, walk and think about stuff

MOO

Thanks snoofer. This is where the word "reasonable" comes into play from reasonable doubt. Is it reasonable to think anything other than answer c was reasonable? Is it reasonable to think Tori would not have made herself heard immediately after being pushed into the car? Is it reasonable that a person would help clean up a crime they did not commit? Is it reasonable that MTR would not have turned around and driven Tori home after discovering she was kidnapped? Is it reasonable that the back seat in Rafferty's car was thrown out after the abduction?......etc. etc. etc.

I,m behind, so this may have been addressed, but: no, it isn't. Do you know how many wannabe little gangstas there are running around urban areas in Canada? Lots.

Kids throw up gang signs in pictures and post them on FB all the time. They tag random objects with gang symbols all over the place. They wear gang colours and try to act tough and cool all the time. It isn't new, and it certainly isn't confined to TLM.

I do, even in the little hick town I live in ... It doesn't make them any less dangerous ... Here in BC gang violence is everywhere ... The thing is TLM was not 12 she was 18. She had already been charge eight times for assaults and robbery, her friend (known gang member) in jail for killing someone.

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/A...+want+kill+Philbert+Truong/2910968/story.html

Whether or not one believes that TLM had gang ties is beside the point ... she did some seriously messed up stuff and she didn't need any encouragement ... she just goes BERZERK!

I must admit, I don't really "get" the posts absolving MR of the rape, as if that would make it okay (or even "not as bad"). I guess in my worldview, in the hierarchy of "bad things," murder is the ultimate "bad thing." Not to say rape is good, by any means, but I'd rather be raped and not murdered than raped and murdered, you know? Or even "just" murdered.

And while I'm sure Tori's family obviously wouldn't have wanted either thing to happen to her, I think they'd rather have her back with them (even if she had gone through the trauma of a rape), than murdered and left to die alone in a field in the middle of nowhere.

Does that make sense? I don't want to offend anyone or in any way minimize the horror that Tori went through, that her family went through, or what anyone here who may have experienced a rape or have been close to someone who was murdered went through.

She would have been wearing it ...

That's the point. Compared to jeans, or a t shirt a coat is easier to remove and it is likely it was the only thing available in their immediate surroundings if they were outside the car. Clothes that were removed prior or during the rape were in the car.

Murder 101 Exam

Circle one.

Question 2

Circle one.

Review question one above. In addition to the information in the first question. Consider that police found a small amount of blood and semen in man's car, the deliquent 18 year old woman told police the man raped the girl, the man told the police dozen's of lies. The man got rid of his bench seat in the back of car as well as other articles police had been looking for. Why was the girl in the man's car? (5 marks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH