AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. A person can be violent without having any documented proof or other proof of being violent in past.

I know men that without punching or hitting their wives have punched holes in walls and are very very verbally abusive...

Yep lol, and if he was correct in saying livingroom then he couldn't have been on the opposite wall as Isa, or are we looking at the wrong window? I do think we have the correct window though.

I just thought of something. Maybe they do not choose to use their rooms the way the person who drew the plans for the home intended. For instance, I have a "bedroom" that I use as a "den" and a "rec room" that my daugher uses as a bedroom since it has a half-bath Our "dining room" has desks against the back wall and is our computer room.

When he said "living room", we can't assume he means "the room marked on plans as the living room."

I've just been spending some time reading various things that Sergio has made statements about, and one thing that hits me, and only because we were attempting last evening to put that video of Isa dancing into perspective as to where in the home it would or could have been. When Sergio stated that he was watching TV and feel asleep, (we speculate on the sofa), we were going on the words he used such as livingroom vs familyroom.

Now today reading a little more, he states in the 911 call that the window screen was laying in the backyard. The window to Isa's room isn't in the back of the home. It would be on the side of the home where the screen should have been found. So, do we now take his statement as, backyard? Did someone throw the screen from the side window in the BACKYARD?

The dispatcher asks Celis why he thinks the girl was abducted.

"I have no idea," he said. "We woke up this morning and went to go get her up, start her baseball game and she's gone. I woke up my, my sons, I, we looked everywhere in the house and my oldest son noticed that her window was wide open and the screen was laying in the backyard. We've looked all around the house."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-calls-released-in-case-of-missing-ariz-girl/

*LOL* I just posted the same thought.

That was Eileens point we don't know what has been found or will be found on Sergio's computer, or the boys computer for that matter.

Sorry I disagree. That was not the point. But, that's okay because I made mine. jmo

I personally think that if there were evidense of abuse by SC toward RC someone would have found it. Investigative reporters, even family would tell. jmo

ABUSED women do not tell!

I am not getting any fear vibes from Becky re Sergio. I think it is possible that some sort of accident happened with Isa and that it is connected with one of the boys. Parents are covering for hike, why who knows...but it is just as likely if not more so than the drug cartel/gun running schemes that have been put forth.

Interesting.

Before Casey Anthony orchestrated the 'accidental' drowning bs in all the years of missing children cases I have followed before then, I dont think I ever saw that theory pop up. The theory that the missing child actually died from an accident and the parents covered up the accident to make it look like a crime.

During that infamous pathetic case I looked high and low for months for any information that another parent had done what JB/CA said happened to Caylee. I didn't find one case. Not one where a child accidentally died and the parents made it look like a kidnapping/homicide.

I just dont see a drug cartel angle either. If Sergio was afraid of drug cartel retaliation he and his family wouldnt have been so socially visable in the community.

JMO though.........

I get no vibes that Becky is afraid of Sergio. In fact, IMO, she strikes me as the strong one and he is the weaker one.

Being married to an hispanic male for many years it isnt uncommon for a hispanic wife/mother to be the head of the family and has more control.

IMO

I think it's possible that Becky is afraid of him, especially if he did something to Isa and she knows about it.

I'm hispanic and I grew up surrounded by hispanic men & their families. Honestly, the only situations I saw a woman in control of the family, were women who were single parents or widowed. In most cases, including my own- the man was the head honcho and what he said, is what was done. Also, my mother's ex-husband (not my father) is hispanic. He was very abusive to my mother and I. My mother was afraid of him. He had a gun in the home and made a point to bring out when there was conflict. He's a sick man. No one outside of our circle would've ever suspected that these things happened behind closed doors.

Anyway, my point is that SC could appear so loving and incapable of doing harm, but who knows what happens behinds closed doors.

I think that is very often true, neither do abused men (fewer of those probably?). However, they do often confide in someone close, but that person does not often come forward or wouldn't come forward publicly. They may not even come forward to LE if they think it has nothing to do with the situation at hand or they may not know the true extent. Someone who is abused by their spouse will also often lie if an injury becomes apparent and say it happened via an accident. I still do not see Sergio as a possible abuser at this point.

Nowadays everyone is much more aware of abuse. Becky was very visable and was socially active in her community and seen by many people who could observe if they thought any abuse was happening to her such as being fearful when around Sergio or having bruises often.

No one that lives in that community has said Sergio is abusive to his family. In fact no one that really knows him has said one untoward thing against him in over a month with reporters snooping everywhere looking for some kind of story.

Abusers are often bullies and while the victim may not tell ...people do notice things anyway and we have heard none of that in this case concerning Sergio.

Interesting.

Before Casey Anthony orchestrated the 'accidental' drowning bs in all the years of missing children cases I have followed before then, I dont think I ever saw that theory pop up. The theory that the missing child actually died from an accident and the parents covered up the accident to make it look like a crime.

During that infamous pathetic case I looked high and low for months for any information that another parent had done what JB/CA said happened to Caylee. I didn't find one case. Not one where a child accidentally died and the parents made it look like a kidnapping/homicide.

I just dont see a drug cartel angle either. If Sergio was afraid of drug cartel retaliation he and his family wouldnt have been so socially visable in the community.

JMO though.........

I agree. Accidental death covered up as a kidnapping makes absolutely no sense, particularly in this context. The only time I would see it remotely believable would be someone in a caretaker position, like a babysitter, who doesn't want to admit to negligence. And even then, that's a big stretch. Who honestly jumps to staging a kidnapping when a child is injured, rather than calling 911? It's not a normal response and I've never seen it happen.

Whatever happened to Isa, I'm not putting any money on this theory.

I've just been spending some time reading various things that Sergio has made statements about, and one thing that hits me, and only because we were attempting last evening to put that video of Isa dancing into perspective as to where in the home it would or could have been. When Sergio stated that he was watching TV and feel asleep, (we speculate on the sofa), we were going on the words he used such as livingroom vs familyroom.

Now today reading a little more, he states in the 911 call that the window screen was laying in the backyard. The window to Isa's room isn't in the back of the home. It would be on the side of the home where the screen should have been found. So, do we now take his statement as, backyard? Did someone throw the screen from the side window in the BACKYARD?

The dispatcher asks Celis why he thinks the girl was abducted.

"I have no idea," he said. "We woke up this morning and went to go get her up, start her baseball game and she's gone. I woke up my, my sons, I, we looked everywhere in the house and my oldest son noticed that her window was wide open and the screen was laying in the backyard. We've looked all around the house."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-calls-released-in-case-of-missing-ariz-girl/

We have a corner house that has yard wrapped all around it. Anything pass the house we call the backyard. I personally do not read to much into what words they are saying unless they keep changing them.

Case in point, ME.

I was abused as a child, no one told. I was abused as an adult, no one told. In both instances, no one else KNEW. JMO

I was also abused in my childhood and by my first husband (ex) and though I told no one about either abuser there were more red flags falling everywhere than is seen in a bullfight.

People knew........they had to know...they werent blind. They just decided it wasnt their business and didnt want to get involved. After I told when I was 38 no one was surprised.

IMO

I am using AutoCAD to try to make a reasonable facsimile
of a floorplan. Unfortunately, when I start with a
footprint of the house (i.e. an "outline") based on
Google imagery, and try to match it to ANY
of the provided floor plans, they do not fit.

*snipped*

Have you tried using the Pima County floorplan as an outline?
25rcigz.jpg

http://www.asr.co.pima.az.us/web_images/asrt/PUBLIC/APEX/DATA/12803/0990-1.JPG

I was also abused in my childhood and by my first husband (ex) and though I told no one about either abuser there were more red flags falling everywhere than is seen in a bullfight.

People knew........they had to know...they werent blind. They just decided it wasnt their business and didnt want to get involved. After I told when I was 38 no one was surprised.

IMO

And in some instances the scars don't show, as in those that are inflicted by mental and psychological abuse. Just sayin.....

Often times, but some do.

In thanking some of the related posts, I am only agreeing that we do not know if Sergio is violent. Not that RS is afraid of or abused by him.

And in some instances the scars don't show, as in those that are inflicted by mental and psychological abuse. Just sayin.....

I understand that not everyone is the same but I think the red flags are there just as much when emotional abuse is happening.

I know it was when I endured it both when I was a child and with my ex.

Although other type of abuses were happening too in both cases.

IMO

I guess I'm missing the point, because I thought your point was that someone in that family would tell, however that implies that someone would need to KNOW first. MOO

Actually my point was that with all the news reporters looking for motive or dirt on the people involved, I would think they would come up with something by now. It seems to me that the first thing they look for would be some type of domestic abuse and since none has been reported, I would doubt there is any. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod