LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE says that Mickey is not under the truck, there has not been any confirmation that anything else was there. From the pictures, it clearly appears that something was under that tire. Not MS, but maybe her bike, or backpack??

OK, I will "reframe" my question. jujube circled something that appears to be a solid object in front of the tire of the truck in the still frame of the video in front of Circle K. It appears to be rectangular. Since we only have still frames and no sequential frames or video:

Is it possible that the truck did hit the bike, it was dragged underneath, and the truck backed up to try to disengage from it?

Well, I was attempting to open a thread for her, but since she has contacted the Baton Rouge PD asking for her name to be removed as a missing person, I decided not to. I will keep updated through her mother and sister's FB and if there are any new developments that suggest she was indeed taken against her will, I will contact the mod that I was talking to about it earlier.

Thanks for the update. I hope she is alright and not held against her will.

I'm not certain that the blur on University is the hooptie. I would say it isn't and that it's a smaller car.

I never understood what people are calling a blur. LPD has stated there are TWO (2) pics of the hooptie: http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677 "The third vehicle (Pictures 3 &4) is an 80’s or 90’s 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel." Is pic 3 the one people are referring to as "the blur?" IMO it's obvious that it's the hooptie, and LPD has said it is. Is there some other pic though, that people are calling a blur?

WS is not only victim-friendly, but LE -friendly, last I knew...

That's fine. There are good cops. Bias should never obscure the truth, though.

For the record: I don't think it's acceptable for LPD to not report to the people of Lafayette. I also don't think they would deliberately deceive the public if they thought Mickey was under that truck!

What reason would LE have for releasing the still clip instead of the video that supposedly shows Mickey and whatever else is there?

At this point, they may as well have not shown or told us anything.

(snipped)

Correct me if I'm wrong (I usually am), but isn't this the truck with the bed cover that was found and ruled out?

This truck does not look like the same truck as the other one to me. This truck looks like a Ford F250 or F350. It looks like a dually. The white area looks like a bed cover. My guess would be that the "object" noticed on the back is some sort of equipment or something similar. For instance, sometimes I see trucks that have a black slitted tailgate. I realize it might not look like that in the picture, but it IS pretty poor quality, and it could be anything.

It's unclear whether this truck has been ruled out. Some media outlets reported it is; some are still showing this pic. LPD has said it's the same truck as the one going the opposite direction in front of Circle K, and they have also said it's not the same truck. We do know for sure the WT on University has been ruled out. http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677 The info here suggests the pic you posted, and the one on University with the bed cover and tinted windows are one in the same, b/c it refers to the one on University as an "updated picture of the initial vehicle of interest" and then shows pictures of "two additional vehicles" but someone from LPD also told a sleuther who called that the two pics of the WT in front of Circle K were the same.

I never understood what people are calling a blur. LPD has stated there are TWO (2) pics of the hooptie: http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677 "The third vehicle (Pictures 3 &4) is an 80’s or 90’s 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel." Is pic 3 the one people are referring to as "the blur?" IMO it's obvious that it's the hooptie, and LPD has said it is. Is there some other pic though, that people are calling a blur?

This is the one I referred to as the blur (on Uni). I didn't realize LPD has that as the same car as the hooptie. I'm not convinced but maybe they have more pics that convince them.

It's unclear whether this truck has been ruled out. Some media outlets reported it is; some are still showing this pic. LPD has said it's the same truck as the one going the opposite direction in front of Circle K, and they have also said it's not the same truck. We do know for sure the WT on University has been ruled out.

Thanks. I think the door handles look completely different on both trucks. I'll have to keep looking. I don't remember there being any additional photos of white trucks released when they first said they were looking for 3 vehicles, so I assumed each pic was a different white truck, and then the car.

Thanks. I think the door handles look completely different on both trucks. I'll have to keep looking. I don't remember there being any additional photos of white trucks released when they first said they were looking for 3 vehicles, so I assumed each pic was a different white truck, and then the car.

All six pics are shown here: http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677 Two were released on May 25th, and 4 more the next day.

and there was the one pic of MS in front of Circle K which is no longer shown on their site.

This is the one I referred to as the blur (on Uni). I didn't realize LPD has that as the same car as the hooptie. I'm not convinced but maybe they have more pics that convince them.

The right real panels look the same, LE says it's bondo.

Aha, thank you. Now I see the one I never saw before.

No problem. We need to remember that we have to refer back to the original pics released by LE, on their official site. We've seen so many pics here that have been altered--whether the posters claimed they are not "altered," only enhanced...the fact remains they have been adjusted, and are NOT the same as the original pics.

IMO, there is no way of knowing what sequence the still frames of the video are in, since no continuous video has been released.

Hey...did anyone look at that post from the Jaren Lockhart matter. There IS a white truck parked in their driveway...could it be the same?!

LE says that Mickey is not under the truck, there has not been any confirmation that anything else was there. From the pictures, it clearly appears that something was under that tire. Not MS, but maybe her bike, or backpack??

Not to split hairs but LE has not publicly stated that. I know someone called and asked but if MS was under the truck and they'd kept quiet about it all this time I don't think that they would suddenly feel compelled to release that info to a citizen call asking if it were so.

OK, I will "reframe" my question. jujube circled something that appears to be a solid object in front of the tire of the truck in the still frame of the video in front of Circle K. It appears to be rectangular. Since we only have still frames and no sequential frames or video:

Is it possible that the truck did hit the bike, it was dragged underneath, and the truck backed up to try to disengage from it?

I think it is more likely that she may have fallen and the truck was going so fast it didn't stop in time.

But I do see what you're saying ...it has been argued that it is physically impossible for her to be under the truck in the same spot in which she was seen last on the cam pic. If he did hit her then back up, it would account for them both being in what is a seemingly impossible position on the road and not further down the road (having been pushed or drug). He could have backed up (or she, whoever).

That is a Dodge. Not the WT in the Circle K photos.

Well since one going one way looks like an F350 & the other a Dodge...it's dark, grainy & unless you have the tech to clean up the photo then, maybe, just maybe LE is keeping tight lipped about the truck. Did anyone ever think for a split second that release "inadequate information" is a technique LE is notorious for. I've seen it here & within the dept. Do whatcha need to do to save your butt..when you've been married to someone who's been in LE for 35 yrs., you see many an underhanded thing! I'm sure LPD is on the up & up...but oh wait, aren't they being investigated for "problems"? Remember this, CYA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StellaMcB