AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh: I'm just gonna say, I like orange marmalade on my toast.

FBMom,
I was trying to check but my pc kept getting hung up.

BTW...I don't think the easy way I was doing my screen shots works. Some did...some didn't. I'm going back to the other way and will delete my post about it.

Zeaux, do you know how far down Water World Road the Styx River house is, or for that matter, what side of the road it is on (interstate side or river side)???

Here's a zoomed in map of just how close CW & DK's homes are--a few blocks! I put in WH & SSH's home, too, just for reference.

Remember the unsubstantiated rumor that BW was seen getting into a vehicle that matched DK's? Again, this was never substantiated and LE has not commented on it publicly.

Attachments

• Map 1.jpg
    Map 1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 135
BBM and O/T
I read this and immediately thought the poster must be from NC. Scrolled up and saw NC. *LOL* I was SO CONFUSED when I was there for a few days, especially when I bought a soda and the cashier asked me if I wanted "to pop in the sack" which seemed quite forward until I realized that what he ACTUALLY said was "do you want your pop in a sack?"

Wow....they called it "pop" and "sack?" That is probably further east from me. I would say, "Do you want your Coke in a bag?" (even if it wasn't a "coke.") If you traveled to SC, they might ask, "Ya want that drank in a poke?" And of course, you have those old standbys. Such as, "I'm fixin' to go to bed." I think that sounds perfectly normal...but apparently people don't say "fixin' to" in other parts of the known world.

And I have to say that the sleuthers here are amazing. "Ya'll are fixin' to figure this thang out!"

Zeaux, do you know how far down Water World Road the Styx River house is, or for that matter, what side of the road it is on (interstate side or river side)???

I really don't have a clue, other than someone referring to it at Wilcox, which I guess refers to Wilcox Rd--aren't they the same exit off I-10? Or could "Wilcox" be used to define the area of "Styx River" since it's a general rather than specific description?

When I looked up DK's address just now, in whitepages.com it had the age 60-64, but had MWK's name, too. My question is, can we sleuth DK to see if he's perhaps a Junior? The reason I ask is someone asked me earlier, either here on in a PM, if I knew who "DJ" was. I don't, but if DK is a Junior, it might be a nickname. Just wondering...

ETA: I see there's a Donald Paul Holland, Jr. of Fairhope, around BW's age, so it might have been him. Nevermind. It was just someone mentioned by initials and someone asked if I knew who it was.

I really don't have a clue, other than someone referring to it at Wilcox, which I guess refers to Wilcox Rd--aren't they the same exit off I-10? Or could "Wilcox" be used to define the area of "Styx River" since it's a general rather than specific description?

Yes, same exit and yes, same area

I was just going on WKRG initial report of Water World Road and that dang yellow house!!!

When I looked up DK's address just now, in whitepages.com it had the age 60-64, but had MWK's name, too. My question is, can we sleuth DK to see if he's perhaps a Junior? The reason I ask is someone asked me earlier, either here on in a PM, if I knew who "DJ" was. I don't, but if DK is a Junior, it might be a nickname. Just wondering...

It's open season on DK but not his family members who have not been arrested or are not missing. ;)

Well, when I refer to Wilcox I'm generally talking about the Wilcox Road exit, but I met someone yesterday who said she "lives in Wilcox" and later named a different road. So, I think some locals definitely use Wilcox to refer to a general area.

Ok I am confused and it may just be me trying to keep up with everything. However I thought it was confirmed that one text was 05/31 1207am then 24hrs pass where "noone claims to have seen or heard from BW" and then the last ping was 06/01 140am at the truckstop. The timeline shows both text on 05/31. Can someone please confirm which is the "for sure" answer. Thanks and sorry...I promise I have tried to read all posts :)

Well, when I refer to Wilcox I'm generally talking about the Wilcox Road exit, but I met someone yesterday who said she "lives in Wilcox" and later named a different road. So, I think some locals definitely use Wilcox to refer to a general area.

That's like in the south, we used to refer to all soft drinks as cokes. What kind of coke would you like? I have Dr. Pepper, Sprite, etc. lol I think we're getting better at it!

But seriously, BIG thanks on that clarification. It makes me feel much less stupid for not realizing I might have repeatedly stated erroneous information.

Ok I am confused and it may just be me trying to keep up with everything. However I thought it was confirmed that one text was 05/31 1207am then 24hrs pass where "noone claims to have seen or heard from BW" and then the last ping was 06/01 140am at the truckstop. The timeline shows both text on 05/31. Can someone please confirm which is the "for sure" answer. Thanks and sorry...I promise I have tried to read all posts :)

My BAD! Yes, it should be 6/1 and I have corrected both entries. :blushing:

My eyes are getting crossed from reading all the posts, so I feel you! I'm going to check the timelines, but I can tell you what we're pretty confident of...

6/1 12:07 am text from BW from Styx River area tower
6/1 1:40 am text from BW from Grand Bay area tower by truck stop

We did have some confusion about what day they were, but we have clarified that they were the early morning hours of Friday, June 1, over 24 hours after BW left her mother's house.

It's open season on DK but not his family members who have not been arrested or are not missing. ;)

Right. Just want to clarify I was only trying to sleuth if DK was a Junior. Not trying to sleuth anyone else, but was trying to eliminate who might have been referred to in a message. Thanks! I think it's impossible to figure out anyway, so I'm not even pursuing it further.

Right. Just want to clarify I was only trying to sleuth if DK was a Junior. Not trying to sleuth anyone else, but was trying to eliminate who might have been referred to in a message. Thanks! I think it's impossible to figure out anyway, so I'm not even pursuing it further.

I didn't find any DK, Sr.'s but I didn't dig a lot either... Maybe the PM you received meant to ask about TJW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthholmes