IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so they didn't fall in. I still think it's possible they were messing around in that area dock? and were approached by some creep.

Given the location on the trail where the bikes were found, if the girls were messing around in that area dock, the creep would have had to figure out a way to move them to a different location without being seen. That seems unlikely.

I get the impression that the girls mentioned Meyers Lake to one of the adults before they went on their bike ride, so when they were unaccounted for, that seemed like the best place to look. That leads me to believe that they had a plan to go there, perhaps based on an internet contact.

It's unlikely that police would have spontaneously starting searching for the girls 30 minutes after they were reported missing at the SE tip of the park, 1.5 miles from home.

I am wondering what level of social media the girls would have? I wouldn't think they had too much. They may use e-mail or IM's or something I suppose. Maybe even FB.

Someone said that cell was just for playing games and did not work as a phone at this time. But that has not been verified.

I would be surprised if they were meeting someone they met online.

I think it could be pretty easy for a perp to walk them thru the woods undetected. If there is not a lot of traffic on the trail, one could continue walking them east on the trail, then head north-ish thru the woods to a vehicle parked on Arbutus Ave. Thru the trees, not many would see and if most of the neighborhood was working not many people would be around.
JMO.

They would have wanted to grab their bikes if they were walking out of the park and carried their purse/phone if they were willingly heading towards the highway.

If they were willingly walked away from the location of the bikes, why was the phone tossed away or over the fence?

Given the location on the trail where the bikes were found, if the girls were messing around in that area dock, the creep would have had to figure out a way to move them to a different location without being seen. That seems unlikely.

I get the impression that the girls mentioned Meyers Lake to one of the adults before they went on their bike ride, so when they were unaccounted for, that seemed like the best place to look. That leads me to believe that they had a plan to go there, perhaps based on an internet contact.

It's unlikely that police would have spontaneously starting searching for the girls 30 minutes after they were reported missing at the SE tip of the park, 1.5 miles from home.

Didn't a parent mention that one of the girls had asked to go there and was told that she was too young and not too?
When I was their age I would sneak off to go swimming but we always snuck bathing suits and towels out of the house..wonder if anything is missing from home.

what's scary is that the other case here on websleuths of two females missing, may have been solved. There was an arrest made and 2 bodies were found in a place that was previously searched, they had to go back and look again to actually find them (and with a tip). I'm not saying this is the case here, just saying it happens. Here's the websleuth link to the other case : http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178736&page=6

I would be surprised if they were meeting someone they met online.

What would be the reason for them wanting to go there in the first place (since they usually stayed close to home) and what would be the reason for the phone to be tossed away? If they were there by choice and compliant, as soon as the phone was tossed out of reach, one of them would have been looking to get away ... with the only problem being if the youngest was in trouble.

If they weren't meeting someone they met electronically, then it was a crime of opportunity ... which means there was no vehicle parked along the highway and it was a 200 feet walk across the park to the nearest home.

Didn't a parent mention that one of the girls had asked to go there and was told that she was too young and not too?
When I was their age I would sneak off to go swimming but we always snuck bathing suits and towels out of the house..wonder if anything is missing from home.

I read that, but I think it's rumour. They may have sneaked swim suits ... but it's looking like they planned to go there, didn't plan on swimming and simply vanished. There's a hole in the fence and bikes were left lying on the path ... the phone was nearby.

What would be the reason for them wanting to go there in the first place (since they usually stayed close to home) and what would be the reason for the phone to be tossed away? If they were there by choice and compliant, as soon as the phone was tossed out of reach, one of them would have been looking to get away ... with the only problem being if the youngest was in trouble.

If they weren't meeting someone they met electronically, then it was a crime of opportunity ... which means there was no vehicle parked along the highway and it was a 200 feet walk across the park to the nearest home.

Well, they had asked about going swimming and were told no. If they went there something went terribly wrong, I don't know what or why the purse was tossed..Anyone could have found it, maybe kids, and tossed it. I don't even know why a perp would want to touch it, maybe he would just tell her to drop it?

They would have wanted to grab their bikes if they were walking out of the park and carried their purse/phone if they were willingly heading towards the highway.

If they were willingly walked away from the location of the bikes, why was the phone tossed away or over the fence?

The perp could have noticed one was carrying a bag and tossed it away, landing over the fence.

THIS IS WHAT I THINK COULD HAVE HAPPENED **SPECULATION ONLY**

They come in contact with the perp who tells them he needs help/is hurt/lost a pet/who the heck knows. We know that scared kids can and will follow willingly if they have been threatened. I think they were already off their bikes, he told them to leave their bikes. Noticed one had the bag, tossed it away (or made one of them toss it). Down the path and thru the woods makes the most sense to me. Could be done in a matter of minutes with nobody seeing a thing vs attempting something from a busy construction laden highway with many more potential witnesses and a fence to scale.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-16 at 12.20.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-16 at 12.20.37 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
I am wondering what level of social media the girls would have? I wouldn't think they had too much. They may use e-mail or IM's or something I suppose. Maybe even FB.

Someone said that cell was just for playing games and did not work as a phone at this time. But that has not been verified.

From the sounds of it, the 8 year old had limited social media activity and used her phone for games. The 10 year old may have been somewhat unsupervised during early childhood and may have been mature for her age. She may have posted a profile on various dating sites a year ago. If she posted a profile on a dating site, she could have been groomed during the last year.

I read that, but I think it's rumour. They may have sneaked swim suits ... but it's looking like they planned to go there, didn't plan on swimming and simply vanished. There's a hole in the fence and bikes were left lying on the path ... the phone was nearby.

I just would be surprised if it was arranged online given their ages-but agree they could have went to meet someone, maybe an older kid they know? An adult?

From the sounds of it, the 8 year old had limited social media activity and used her phone for games. The 10 year old may have been somewhat unsupervised during early childhood and may have been mature for her age. She may have posted a profile on various dating sites a year ago. If she posted a profile on a dating site, she could have been groomed during the last year.

Well, that certainly changes things!

Now that I think about it I am basing my opinion on the 10 year olds I know, I don't know what this girl has been exposed to that could certainly make her more vulnerable.

I just would be surprised if it was arranged online given their ages-but agree they could have went to meet someone, maybe an older kid they know? An adult?

It might have been a 45 year old man posing as a 14 year old ... telling a 10 year old that she looked older than 10 ... mature for her age.

Well Lyric does have a FB account.
Any custody issues?

I know it's a different scenario,but the purse and phone being tossed reminds me of Sierra Lamar's case... JMO

can anyone think of a stranger abduction where the perp kidnapped 2 kids? I can't! I can not see someone being able to abduct two children leave no evidence or witnesses in broad daylight. I cant see this being the girls meeting someone online, they are just to young to have that kind of intrest online, the best possability I can see is that they ran into someone they were somehow acquinted with and willingly left with that person.

can anyone think of a stranger abduction where the perp kidnapped 2 kids? I can't! I can not see someone being able to abduct two children leave no evidence or witnesses in broad daylight. I cant see this being the girls meeting someone online, they are just to young to have that kind of intrest online, the best possability I can see is that they ran into someone they were somehow acquinted with and willingly left with that person.

I know of at least one, however the girls were older. I can try to find it if you want.

Hello! I've been reading but haven't chimed in. I think it may be a good idea if it hasn't been done already, to check for any surveillance video that would be available prior to entering the park area. They could have met up with someone while riding their bikes that led them or followed them in that direction. I would also check to see if any video might possibly be over in the housing area through the woods.

I'm really curious where the dogs lost their scent? Does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ