IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the 12:27 bike sighting on the trail- I have searched diligently for the original post that was on a FB page re the missing girls- BUT I can't for the life of me find it now! Did any one else see it last night?
It was something about a girl that posted her Dad was biking the trail from Gilbertville to the lake, and he saw two bikes on the trail, but no kids. He had gone to a restroom at some point very soon after & spoke to her by phone. Apparently he did not call the tip in until later, after learning the girls were missing, and knew the app. time based on his call to the daughter. she had stated that LE did not ask him for contact info in case of needed followup.
Did LE ever confirm this tip??

I did not see that last night but I did see it today on the event fb page. A lot of the comments are being deleted, but I do know it was there today. Don't know if it was followed up on. People commented and told the girl to call LE or have her Dad call LE. She said they did and I think said nothing more was said about it.

Did anyone see about the physic that gave a place downtown Waterloo? She said she keeps seeing them in a building but the man refuses to let the police search and a judge won't issue a warrant. I find it strange that this man won't let them if he is innocent.. but it is Waterloo. Is anyone sees this on facebook please send me the link. I saw it early this afternoon.

I saw that today too. I think she said 5th floor and something about something painted on the outside of the building. Used to be a picture of X now it is of something else. Does that sound familiar? I am looking for it now.

If they dumped their own bikes, I would expect to find them close together.

If a perp dumped their bikes, ditto.

I imagine they were snatched right where the bikes lay. IMO

I am so confused by this one! With the construction along the road, and the reduced lanes, it would seem almost impossible for someone to stop there and not be noticed. Who would take that risk? If someone had pulled over, they would have then had to scale the fence? Or drag the girls to the side of the road thru the broken fence? I just don't see it. Too many potential witnesses. I can't think of a reason the girls would go up towards the road on their own either.

So frustrating.

I did not see that last night but I did see it today on the event fb page. A lot of the comments are being deleted, but I do know it was there today. Don't know if it was followed up on. People commented and told the girl to call LE or have her Dad call LE. She said they did and I think said nothing more was said about it.

Maybe the bikes belonged to other kids who were playing there. Is this a place lots of kids might ride to?

I am so confused by this one! With the construction along the road, and the reduced lanes, it would seem almost impossible for someone to stop there and not be noticed. Who would take that risk? If someone had pulled over, they would have then had to scale the fence? Or drag the girls to the side of the road thru the broken fence? I just don't see it. Too many potential witnesses. I can't think of a reason the girls would go up towards the road on their own either.

So frustrating.

If there was a construction crew at that stretch of the road on Friday at noon, then I doubt they were abducted from the road. Do we know that there was a construction crew there ... or was it at some other stretch of the road, or that particular stretch of the road didn't have a construction crew but was in the construction zone?

Looking at the maps closer, it looks like their bikes were found near the possible dock? on the map. Can any locals confirm if this is a dock or it may be a bunch of white rock that people could fish off of? Is it possible the girls had dumped their bikes, then ventured over to this area and were approached by a perp? Fell in? If they were approached by someone who lead them off, to me it would seem most likely that the person would lead them out the side of the trail into the neighborhood. Or the perp could have took them thru the woods to a vehicle/home on Arbutus Ave and gone virtually undetected.

Maybe the bikes belonged to other kids who were playing there. Is this a place lots of kids might ride to?

I doubt it. The last they were seen was 12:15 in the downtown area. The next sighting of the bikes is at Meyers Lake at 12:27. They disappeared at that location and their bikes were found at that location. There's little chance that the bikes seen by the man belonged to two other children that didn't disappear.

It doesn't seem like a playground for 8 year olds or a heavy 10 year old ... more like a nature walk, running or bike path. There is no swimming allowed in the lake and there's a drainage pipe near the location where the bikes were found. It is about 1.5 miles from where they started their bike ride and there doesn't seem to be any reason for them to go there unless they wanted to swim ... but the lake has been dragged and they're not in the lake.

Looking at the maps closer, it looks like their bikes were found near the possible dock? on the map. Can any locals confirm if this is a dock or it may be a bunch of white rock that people could fish off of? Is it possible the girls had dumped their bikes, then ventured over to this area and were approached by a perp? Fell in? If they were approached by someone who lead them off, to me it would seem most likely that the person would lead them out the side of the trail into the neighborhood. Or the perp could have took them thru the woods to a vehicle/home on Arbutus Ave and gone virtually undetected.

They have brought out dogs to search as well as dragged the lake to the point they know they're not in there.

Looking at the court records, it looks like the guardianship ended in 2007. I cannot tell you why it ended, but there are only four reasons why it would end. (1) The child turned 18 (which isn't the case). (2) The child was transferred to another guardian (which there is no court record indicating the happened). (3) The child was legally adopted by the guardian (I see no indication of that, though those records may not be available on line). 4. The child was returned to the care of the biological parent (which seems like the most likely).

Or the childrens single parent was active duty. JMO.

I dont know if that is the case here I just logged on and missed a whole thread but it is another reason for guardianship. As well as a parent going to jail. Some families are proactive and work out details before being locked away. Active duty of single parent requires it .

I saw that today too. I think she said 5th floor and something about something painted on the outside of the building. Used to be a picture of X now it is of something else. Does that sound familiar? I am looking for it now.

I think it has been removed. I do find it interesting the man wouldn't allow them to search especially with the media attention it has received.

They have brought out dogs to search as well as dragged the lake to the point they know they're not in there.

Okay, so they didn't fall in. I still think it's possible they were messing around in that area dock? and were approached by some creep. Are you local? Can you confirm if it's a dock or what that area is?

I'm wondering if that is a dock, or if that is the beginning of the drainage pipe. Still, the drainage pipe has mesh on at least one end of it to prevent fish from swimming towards the lake. We don't know if there's mesh on both ends or if it covers the entire pipe. We don't even know the diameter of the drainage pipe.

I thought they may have dumped their bikes on the path, tossed the phone/purse over the fence towards the lake or dock, wandered to an opening in the fence and tried to wade over to the dock. They could have drowned.

If this was a crime of opportunity - like the perp happens to be in the same place as the two girls on a dock - it would be tricky to get them into a vehicle or home from that location without being seen. If they're not in the lake, it looks more and more like it was a planned meeting with the hopes of abductioning a child ... and two were as easy as one.

SE_Meyers_Lake_Fence.jpg

Okay, so they didn't fall in. I still think it's possible they were messing around in that area dock? and were approached by some creep. Are you local? Can you confirm if it's a dock or what that area is?

I am local but I can't positively confirm it is or isn't until daylight. By memory I'm saying no because the lake isn't deep enough there and there's no road. Just the walking path which you cannot drive on. I will confirm tomorrow though.

I think it would be easy to get both of them if there was a perp with a stun gun, I know they are being used more and more by criminals lately. I think they dragged two lakes today and found nothing. I am not sure if there are more lakes to drag.

I'm wondering if that is a dock, or if that is the beginning of the drainage pipe. Still, the drainage pipe has mesh on at least one end of it to prevent fish from swimming towards the lake. We don't know if there's mesh on both ends or if it covers the entire pipe. We don't even know the diameter of the drainage pipe.

I thought they may have dumped their bikes on the path, tossed the phone/purse over the fence towards the lake or dock, wandered to an opening in the fence and tried to wade over to the dock. They could have drowned.

If this was a crime of opportunity - like the perp happens to be in the same place as the two girls on a dock - it would be tricky to get them into a vehicle or home from that location without being seen. If they're not in the lake, it looks more and more like it was a planned meeting with the hopes of abductioning a child ... and two were as easy as one.

SE_Meyers_Lake_Fence.jpg

By planned meeting, are you talking social media?
I wonder if the girls friends have said anything of interest.

At this point, on Sunday night, the lake where the bikes and purse were found has been dredged. The girls were not in the lake. So, is LE saying that they believe that this was an abduction ?

At this point, on Sunday night, the lake where the bikes and purse were found has been dredged. The girls were not in the lake. So, is LE saying that they believe that this was an abduction ?

Not sure, but I think the family is.

I am wondering what level of social media the girls would have? I wouldn't think they had too much. They may use e-mail or IM's or something I suppose. Maybe even FB.

Someone said that cell was just for playing games and did not work as a phone at this time. But that has not been verified.

SE_Meyers_Lake_Fence.jpg

I think it could be pretty easy for a perp to walk them thru the woods undetected. If there is not a lot of traffic on the trail, one could continue walking them east on the trail, then head north-ish thru the woods to a vehicle parked on Arbutus Ave. Thru the trees, not many would see and if most of the neighborhood was working not many people would be around.
JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member