Resemblance of McDuff and BSL

I am afraid he actually has an impressive IQ...
Hope I am wrong!

We just need to get an accurate evaluation.....so that we can think better as to where is Mickey.
When I was in college ( forever and a day ago) we interviewed (on numerous occasion) felons incarcerated. I discovered that in order to try to understand their reasoning behind their crimes I had to ignore my personal point of reference. Became quite fascinating. And creepy with some.
And yes, i interviewed burglars, rapists, killers.

If BSL read his uncle's books ...he probably understands them better than we do. that doesn't make him intelligent. I just think his mind can go where sk minds can go...and know how they think much more than we can.
I do suspect he is a serial killer. Much more so than we can wrap our brains around just yet. Think about something you have a passion for. Sure, you do the things you need to do. But on your "off time" you do the things you "want" to do. And I think it was that simple for him. And I think on multiple occasion.
Jmo

BSL didn't have a very long cooling off period between the Sexual Assault/Rape he was convicted on and LP murder. Not sure if true but maybe FireFox can chime in but if I'm not mistaken SK's once they kill and get a taste of it, they tend to increase their killing. Like any addiction it starts out with one pill, then that pill isn't enough for their high, so now they take two, then they changed to a stronger drug.

Agree 100% - the behavior is similar, as it is with countless other predators and murderers, but I don't see a physical resemblance, except they are dark-haired Caucasians. BSL doesn't appear to be the type to pick up a book. He didn't need to pattern himself after anyone because he doesn't take responsibility for his own actions. Trying to figure out BSL's thought process is damn near impossible.

Annie1004, we all have hobby's and interests. Normally, we excel at these.
We should never judge a book by its cover. BSL, was antisocial during childhood. He would prolly find something to fill the void of normal childhood play. While other kids were outside playing, BSL may have been reading.

After reading an interview/interrogation of a psychopathic sexual predator a few years ago. I noticed where he had made the statement, 'I read'.. Although thought to be of low intelligence, a drifter/vagabond. It was later learned from his mother that he began reading encyclopedias since the age of 5 years old. After his arrest many serial killer novels were found in his van & cache.
It was also later verified that his IQ was within the top .01 to 10% of the world. Many times predators will use this misconception to their advantage; creative, calculating, and deflective..

Interesting recent interview of Gary Lavergne; Bad Boy author - video - food for thought
'Guess, two of Gary Lavergne's books will have an increase in sales, huh'?

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/...ngs?ref=scroller&categoryId=10001&status=true

CO tragedy evokes 1966 tower killings
Charles Whitman introduced public to mass murder

Updated: Friday, 20 Jul 2012, 10:33 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 20 Jul 2012, 9:35 PM CDT

Chris Sadeghi
AUSTIN (KXAN) - It has been 14 years since Gary Lavergne wrote the book “A Sniper in the Tower.”

But he expects book sales to increase in the coming weeks.

“Every time something like this happens, sales go up,” said Lavergne.

With the country’s eyes focused on the movie theater shooting in Aurora, CO, Lavergne’s book details every known movement of Charles Whitman in the days leading up to the Texas Tower shooting.

A crime that set the precedent for mass murder in a public place like the one that happened Friday.

“The University of Texas tower shooting in 1966 was America’s introduction to mass murder as we think of it today.”

Seems that author, educator, and historian Gary Lavergne, is open to various MSM interviews. Maybe the Lafayette MSM will request an interview that will shed light on the many questions that we have concerning the Bad Boy from Church Point...

bbm: You could be right about this, but I'm not so sure. I'd have to know a lot more about him to make that assumption. Lots of folks read!

I found myself wondering last night if, by chance, a well-read copy of Bad Boy was found in the search of his home ...?:what:

I think he did read his cousin's book. It was probably a big deal in the family. What I also suspect is that BSL "attached" on some level to Kenneth.

I've had these same thoughts since the day they searched BSL's place. When LE was bringing out evidence I wondered about the books he had/read (also web sites & search history on his computer - if he had one). Add to that the "extra feature" of a relative authoring a book on a SK (that was relatively local).

Maybe a WSer reading the book can answer this about "trophies" - I recall reading somewhere online that KM took a necklace from one victim. Was KM known to have a cache of items from his other victims ? or photos? or notes?

I just wish that any evidence that LE found will somehow help locate MS and any additional victims (if that is the case).

Book was published in Sept, 1999...He strikes me as more the watch tv and lift weights in the prison gym kinda guy. JMO

'Lisa Pate murdered July of 1999'..

Gary's second book, The Bad Boy from Rosebud was released in July of 1999. Dan Rather of CBS News called it "classic crime reporting." The paperback version of Bad Boy from Rosebud was released by St Martin's Press in November 2001. It is still available and is entitled Bad Boy.

http://www.garylavergne.com/gmlbio.htm

After some sleuthing this is what I have gathered but no links just IMO

Mom adopted BSL while married to adoptive Dad except adoptive Dad is really bio Dad who conceived BSL during an extra marital engagement OR inappropriate unwanted engagement which is why bio mom wants nothing to do with him? CL adopted (took custody) with Bio/Adoptive Dad JL to give him a better life. Bio Dad/Adoptive Dad and CL raise BSL as theirs from birth as he is not wanted by bio mom. Would there be adoption paperwork even? They have BSL's brother they both have the same last name, look alike and CL finally gets tired of it and leaves JL with BSL and his brother. BSL's brother is at least half biologically but not adopted. (?) thoughts?

Now, resemblance can mean that bio mom could be possibly related, a sister, a niece, a victim assaulted by KM, or even his brother, or father. The resemblance, the mannerisms and the behavior are crazy. Sleuthing to find the "link" if there is one. I don't think GL decided to write about him randomly.

I have been asking myself these same questions about possible relationships. It is a lot to think about and try to sleuth, at least for my brain!

http://www.silviapettem.com/CC Research.html

COLD CASE RESEARCH
RESOURCES FOR UNIDENTIFIED, MISSING, AND COLD HOMICIDE CASES

"For the investigator, Pettem’s work will undoubtedly jump-start many a stalled investigation and keep others moving forward. For cold case unit managers, it opens up a world of new opportunities––the opportunity to expand the capacities of their units, take advantage of free resources, and to institute changes that address the outdated attitudes, policies, and procedures that, in the past, prevented some cases from being solved."

Detective James Trainum, retired
Metropolitan Police Department
Washington D.C.

I am really pleased to see that Silvia has captured some non traditional search methods like genealogy into the mix. With missing and unidentified - you have to step out of the box!
Todd Matthews -NamUs Communications Manager at UNT Health Science Center
Went to Livingston Academy

Yes, I've started it. Having to take it in little spurts because (a)I'm about overloaded on this kind of thing right now and (b)in my own life, this week is already kind of stressful -- just having to deal with a lot of "stuff" that is unsettling. (Making progress, though!)

IMO, so far:
The book is very readable. Lavergne is certainly a competent writer, no annoying problems there. The descriptions of the crimes thus far are somewhat graphic, but in a straightforward way -- not lingering over details for effect, just putting the horrible stuff that happened right out there.

I agree with you, Gary Lavergne's writing is very readable and he does not linger too long on the details of the crimes. For me, I think it may be best to take it in spurts. The cruelty and evilness of the crimes is a lot to take in, for me.

I would like to open a sub thread for discussing the book and videos of Mcduff.
Can we do that? I flagged my post yesterday asking so that a mod would answer but did not see a response.

I agree with you, Gary Lavergne's writing is very readable and he does not linger too long on the details of the crimes. For me, I think it may be best to take it in spurts. The cruelty and evilness of the crimes is a lot to take in, for me.

I would like to open a sub thread for discussing the book and videos of Mcduff.
Can we do that? I flagged my post yesterday asking so that a mod would answer but did not see a response.

'Read my lips, No New Threads'...LOL

K.jill, why not discuss all the parallels of the two bad boys on this thread. Whether the similar traits are of their habits, MOs, patterns, signatures, or physical and psychological. Imo, they are all necessary to paint a complete picture..

RE: The cruelty and evilness of the crimes is a lot to take in, for me.

'Stare too long into the abyss, and it will begin to stare back at ya'..

'Read my lips, No New Threads'...LOL

K.jill, why not discuss all the parallels of the two bad boys on this thread. Whether the similar traits are of their habits, MOs, patterns, signatures, or physical and psychological. Imo, they are all necessary to paint a complete picture..

RE: The cruelty and evilness of the crimes is a lot to take in, for me.

'Stare too long into the abyss, and it will begin to stare back at ya'..

Foxfire, I am trying to go from looking into the abyss to looking at the sun so that the abyss does not follow onto my dreams when I sleep. So far it is working. Thank god!

Ok. We can discuss the book on this forum page. It is all related. I was worried that some posters may not want to read posts about the book.

I would like to know who is reading the book. If you are reading it, like this post.
Also, if you are reading it post your thoughts about anything you think is noteworthy as you read.
Thanks.

I agree with your thinking. Interestingly enough, I have noticed that I usually agree with your thought process!
I don't post alot, but I read this site religiously. I find you (and others) insightful, more than the average.

Thank you that is flattering! I'm glad I can be insightful :)

Foxfire, I am trying to go from looking into the abyss to looking at the sun so that the abyss does not follow onto my dreams when I sleep. So far it is working. Thank god!

Ok. We can discuss the book on this forum page. It is all related. I was worried that some posters may not want to read posts about the book.

I would like to know who is reading the book. If you are reading it, like this post.
Also, if you are reading it post your thoughts about anything you think is noteworthy as you read.
Thanks.

Started reading it last night... I've read up to the part when he is paroled. Big mistake. I don't know whether to be outraged with the three who voted yes, or feel sorry for them, having to live the rest of their lives knowing their decision destroyed so many lives. At least Texas learned from it and is now one of the toughest on these type of crimes.

I don't think there's any link between BSL and Mcduff, except for, perhaps, he read the book. I think there's some resemblance, but I think it's more than likely a coincidence. I will say when reading the book I feel a strong connection, creep wise, between the two. As I'm reading I have to remind myself, from time to time, that I'm reading about Mcduff and not BSL, if that makes any sense. Like kindred spirits... The picture I have in my head of who BSL is and how he works is eerily similar to Mcduff. Perhaps it's because these type of criminals have similar personalities and such... Or perhaps it's because BSL studied Mcduff and emulated him... Not far enough into it yet to make up my mind...

All jmo.

I know this is way out of the box thinking...K McDuff is buried in Captain Joe Byrd Cemetery....in Huntsville Texas.....BSL truck was burned in San Jacinto County Texas....i looked up the distance..39 miles..45 min drive? Could he have put Mickey in that cemetery? Crazy i know..but just a thought i had.

For those of you who are only on this forum:

KLFY's FB:
FROM TV-10-
Search for Shunick Body in Evangeline Parish

TV10 has confirmed that the task force set up to investigate Mickey Shunick is in Evangeline Parish. We're also getting reports that Shunick's body may have been found. We're working to get you the latest information.

We have multiple crews on the story. Join us at 5:00 PM for full updates

I'm not reading only here, but thank you for alerting here. I was reading my way to the general discussion. Taking deep breathes.

I know this is way out of the box thinking...K McDuff is buried in Captain Joe Byrd Cemetery....in Huntsville Texas.....BSL truck was burned in San Jacinto County Texas....i looked up the distance..39 miles..45 min drive? Could he have put Mickey in that cemetery? Crazy i know..but just a thought i had.

Interesting observation, but probably not likely. The cemetery is on prison grounds.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back