MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe you could get in touch with the media outlet that did the story in the opening post and offer to do an interview to get the ball rolling? Just an idea...idk...

has the home of the egf been searched? I also notice there is a river right up the road there... has that been searched?

OK, will contact them Monday.

No search of motel room or river.

What is Eric's educational background? High school graduate? College? If so, what did he study? What did he do before moving to Michigan in late March, 2010?

The Adobe document (flier) isn't responding, but the thumbnail version looks fine.

It wouldn’t hurt to send Eric’s information to the bordering Canadian media outlets either. If any one of them print the story then that (IMO) increases the possibility that it will be picked up in Michigan.

Windsor, ON
www.windsorstar.com
www.cbc.ca/windsor
www.ctvwindsor.ca
Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_in_Windsor,_Ontario

Sarnia, ON
www.theobserver.ca
www.sarniathisweek.com

Sault Ste. Marie, ON
www.saultstar.com
www.saultthisweek.com/
http://northernontario.ctvnews.ca
Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_in_Sault_Ste._Marie,_Ontario

OK, will contact them Monday.

No search of motel room or river.

The Miller Motel definitely should have been searched when it was determined that Eric might have disappeared under suspicious circumstances. The nearby Cass River flows into the larger Shiawassee River that flows into Bay City and eventually into Lake Huron. Like most Michigan waterways, the Cass River can have very strong currents. One time when DH and I were driving into Frankenmuth, I noticed a sign outside the Riverplace Shops indicating that the popular riverboat tour was not operating that day due to high winds and strong currents. Unless the river had been searched soon after Eric went missing, there's no telling how far a body might have traveled in the fast-moving waterway.

Perhaps Eric needed some space and time away from family, friends, relatives, etc. and is missing on his own volition. I hope that he is alright and will eventually return to those who care about him. :moo:

Did he check out of this motel he was staying in himself?

Seems the ex GF is the last to see him!

did she say why he was leaving?

I would love to see the media go out and interview the hotel person that witnessed the packing sans Eric and also last saw him a few days before this packing up

When was the car last seen? Was it also on the day(s) of the packing or was it gone before that time? (just curious)

Police said Franks then checked out on March 21, 2011, and has not been seen or heard from since.

Buena Vista police became involved in the investigation in December, after learning Franks had regular contacts with the mother of Franks' child. Detectives interviewed the woman on several occasions and she stated she last saw Franks on March 21, 2011, when they parted ways from the motel heading south on Dixie Highway. She has not heard from him since

http://www.wnem.com/story/19484739/police-seek-info-on-man-missing-since-2011

I am sorry if this has been answered previously, I have only briefly read through the thread, but has his vehicle been located?

Coco, not that I am aware of... sf said that they had only recently put out a bolo on it!

Let me bump up that post for you

There has been a BOLO for the vehicle since late 2011. We discovered yesterday original officer who filed it had VIN # listed incorrectly this whole time, but license plate was correct so hoping that didn't hurt much.

GF - hate to say much in a public forum where they might find it, but...both she and her hubby submitted themselves to questioning on several occasions, and while all of investigators' and family's questions have not been answered, police decided going pubic was the next necessary step.

No known drug issues.

He worked maintenance at a mall for 15 years or so in Tupelo, MI. Moved to Ohio in 2009 and only had a couple of jobs for a few weeks each. Moved to MI in late 2010. Understand he did odd jobs for the owner at Miller's Motel where he stayed but any other employment the MI unknown. Police say IRS unwilling to provide info it his SSN is being used anywhere.

He dropped of Twitter, Facebook, blogging, etc. all at the same time in March 2011. This is completely uncharacteristic behavior.
here it is

and sad!!!!

So he goes missing in EARLY 2011 but they don't put a bolo on the car until LATE 2011.

What is Eric's educational background? High school graduate? College? If so, what did he study? What did he do before moving to Michigan in late March, 2010?

H.S. grad. He worked maintenance at a mall for 15 years or so in Tupelo, MS before moving to Ohio in 2009. He only had a couple of jobs for a few weeks each there in Archbold. Moved to MI in late 2010. Understand he did odd jobs for the owner at Miller's Motel where he stayed but any other employment the MI unknown. Police say IRS unwilling to provide info it his SSN is being used anywhere.

I wonder - if a car is impounded and sits at a tow yard for awhile, does the plates and/or VIN get entered into any type of database?

Thank you for the info searching - i totally understand about not wanting to say too much.

If some wonderful WS'er could do a flyer up - I could get those to several places/people. (Including the tv station in above link, as i used to work there)

I am heading to Detroit now, will be back tomorrow night...will check in then. Will keep eyes and ears open!

Haven't read thru yet but wanted to say when a car is towed if it is not claimed and not reported stolen (wrong vin# was reported by LE) then it gets sold. Here in FL the tow yard will put a lien against the owner for towing and storage fees even if they sell the vehicle. Perhaps a search of public records might list a lien?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member