CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drag marks through the vegetation under the grass would be one way of indicating that something went under the fence.
Yes, but it would not have to be a human for drag marks. Could have been shoe prints, if the report was accurate. Would almost have to be shoe prints or evidence on the fence. Any other thoughts?

Good point. Duh for me. They could have taken some of the wire and replaced it, that might be why all five strands were in place in the picture I saw.

We're currently seeing lots of people on the tree side of the fence, kids included. I wonder if a section was removed. Any locals know???

barbed wire fences work in mysterious ways. Bend when they should break and break where they should bend.

I don't put too much credence into the wire position. JMO

This is a bit O/T but I thought it was too sweet not to share...My daughter wrote this letter to Jessica last night. I try to shield her from this stuff, but in this case it was pretty much unavoidable, especially since she happened to be in the same room with me when they announced a body had been found and she saw me burst into tears. She doesn't know the details of course, but she knows that a bad person took Jessica, and that she is in heaven now. We talked about ways she could stay safe, and practiced what to do if anyone tried to take her.

She said she wanted to write a letter to Jessica, and send it to heaven. So tomorrow we are going to tie this to a balloon and send it off.

To translate 5 year old speak:

Dear Jessica,

We are very sad that you are not here anymore. I hope you are making friends with my hamster-He will love you and we love you too.

Love,

_____

P.S. My hamsters name is Leny

(Leny is her hamster who died a couple years ago-she said Jessica could have him. The little picture she drew in the top right-hand corner is both of them as angels. :heartbeat:)
That is so sweet of her, she has great writing for a 5 year old too.

Just a thought--LE didn't remove any of the fence did they? If there was evidence on the fence wouldn't they have taken it.

I agree about not knowing if anyone in LE said the perp went under the fence, all we have is a reporter's statement.

The fence was still intact over the culvert when I visited the site. The wires have been dropped a bit further to the west making it easy to get to the other side.

I received this letter in an email today. I haven't heard anything on the local news about it yet. FYI, Falcon Bluffs MS is in south Jeffco. Westminster is north Jeffco. I bolded the description because it seems to be a familiar one from some of the Arvada cases?

October 17, 2012

Dear XXXXXX Elementary parents/guardians,

I want to make our school community aware of an incident that happened Monday, near Falcon Bluffs Middle School, in the 8200 block of W. Toller Ave.

A student reported that as he neared Falcon Bluffs Middle School he observed a dark blue or black sedan following him. The male that was driving the vehicle stopped the car and yelled at the student, who then ran away. The man ran after him and caught him, but the student managed to get away. The man is described as a white male, 35 - 40 years of age, 200-plus pounds with medium salt and pepper hair.This incident has been reported to the Jeffco Sheriff’s Office and school district security. We will continue to make you aware of any reports we know about.

We want you to know that student safety is always our top priority. Reinforce safe behaviors with your child and tell them to always be aware of their surroundings.

If a stranger approaches your child, whether it is at school or outside of school, be sure that your child knows what to do: yell or shout, run away and immediately tell an adult. Stress to your child the importance of going straight to school and coming home immediately after dismissal, or leaving the bus stop. Scholastic’s website offers more tips on talking to your child about stranger danger. http://www.scholastic.com/resources/article/talking-about-stranger-safety

Remind your child that if he/she sees anything suspicious activity around the neighborhood or school, they need to immediately contact the police department and notify the school.

I know that together, we can help protect the safety of our children. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to call me at XXXXXXXXX.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXX, Principal
Is anyone else beginning to think this is bringing out the weirdos?

LE has said that they believe the perp is local, they also think this is not his first time.
If he IS local and this is NOT his first time, did he travel to do this before? Or has he done it other places before he was a local? Could he have just moved there? Just been released from jail or some sort of facility?

Seems, the subliminal didn't work on BTK; Dennis Rader.. Lessons learned..
Malignant psychopaths possess no human emotions; empathy, conscience, and show no remorse... They are analogous to a mountain lion.. stalk their prey, attack them, return them to their den, and perform rituals before devouring them...
Victims are only objects for fulfilling their needs and desires. After a brief respite, their hunting cycle begins again..

SapphireSteel and Foxfire

I´m not for or against a possible subliminal message in this case or any other cases for that matter, I have just been posting what I saw.

What I do belive is possible is that LE in some way try to communicate with the killer if he started out communicat with them in some way, one possibility could be some kind of message in the backpack or by other ways.

The fact that police seem to belive that the backpack was place deliberatly, could point to that police, between the lines, are saying he communicate , either by some actual message left in the backpack or by deliberatly leaving clues.

And concerning the subliminal message issue, what do we know of LE/FBI's experience on the matter? they might have used it many times through time that we don´t know of, possibly with sucess.

barbed wire fences work in mysterious ways. Bend when they should break and break where they should bend.

I don't put too much credence into the wire position. JMO

The fence was still intact when I visited the site.
Were you able to get over it, or did you see anyone else go over it? Maybe this is the world's easiest barbed wire fence to go over, under, through, whatever. I've seen odder things.

Is anyone else beginning to think this is bringing out the weirdos?

I did hear this on local news today ... so don't think it is just an email going around. But, there is probably some hyper-alertness going on, especially about blue cars.

LE has said that they believe the perp is local, they also think this is not his first time.

BBM. I think this came up earlier today, and no one could actually find a citation of anyone in LE saying that it was not his first time (or any words to that effect). Just that he could strike again, which is different.

Am I wrong? Has there been a statement like this made?

(Actually, I don't remember any official theories that he was local either, just speculation, but I'm not as detail-oriented as some about this stuff.)

BBM. I think this came up earlier today, and no one could actually find a citation of anyone in LE saying that it was not his first time (or any words to that effect). Just that he could strike again, which is different.

They may not dare say otherwise, if they truly do not have a suspect. I think they are trying to be as honest as they can with the public.

I did hear this on local news today ... so don't think it is just an email going around. But, there is probably some hyper-alertness going on, especially about blue cars.
I wasn't thinking it was just an email, I meant what kind of person would go anywhere near a kid he doesn't know, or chase one for any reason? The fact that there are still people doing this after everything that happened, just makes me wonder what the heck is going on here?

There was mention in at least one of the news articles that: the sidewalks were very close to the street.

That is a significant detail to me. The abductor could have been sitting in a parked vehicle, and that would not have alarmed anyone, most people away from home at work, and since we see, for example, service personnel reviewing clipboards, talking on the phone, etc. parked on the side of the road in residential areas all of the time.

It would only take seconds to put a hand over her mouth, and pull her into a vehicle, without anyone noticing, IMO.

What do they mean by the sidewalks are close to the street? That is where all sidewalks I have seen are located. Are they just talking about the size of the sidewalk being skinny?

Were you able to get over it, or did you see anyone else go over it? Maybe this is the world's easiest barbed wire fence to go over, under, through, whatever. I've seen odder things.

I edited my post after you quoted it. A section of the fence to the west of the culvert has been dropped. Law enforcement probably did this on Wednesday before they removed the body.

What do they mean by the sidewalks are close to the street? That is where all sidewalks I have seen are located. Are they just talking about the size of the sidewalk being skinny?

I seem to recall that in some nicer suburbs there may be a grassy median of sorts between the sidewalk and the road? Been a long time since I've been in that kind of neighborhood, though.

(Actually, I don't remember any official theories that he was local either, just speculation, but I'm not as detail-oriented as some about this stuff.)

Didn't LE say he was experienced? I guess I took that to mean it wasn't his first time.

Some neighborhoods have patches of grass separating the sidewalks from the streets as an additional buffer. In the neighborhood I grew up in, this was how it was. However I have noticed depending on the area of town the sidewalks in subdivisions are narrower and actually have very high curbs and very rarely have the grass buffer as previously mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beauxhope34