CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has not only been arrested, he's been convicted. However, the Colorado database didn't kick out a potential link when the DNA from Jessica's case (or possibly the jogger's case) was compared.

And that makes me think that while Sigg's father may well have been swabbed, the results are not yet in the system. I know that many states have horrendous backlogs in processing DNA and they are forced to prioritise. Since Sigg's father doesn't seem to have any sexually related convictions, if Colorado has a backlog he's probably towards the bottom of the pile.

I assume that arrests for things like rape or murder would be given high priority.
Convicted for what? Do you have a link? TIA
The only "backlog for DNA" was for rape kits, from my information.

I am curious why people feel that the father's criminal and violent background would not be what affected Austin?

Lots of children grow up in horrible homes and make it out, but whatever happened to him is what I feel caused him to be who he became.

An article said that there were numerous police calls. Domestic violence.

I feel if there was more mandatory counseling with families and children we would have better outcomes.

How many time have I heard from parents who have huge issues that their children are problems, but the parents do not see themselves as playing any role in it. It's the kid's fault. Sorry, I don't see it that way.

I think there is generally some kind of environmental factor in these case. For example, those saying Bundy had a good life? He was raised as his mother's brother. He found out his sister, who he lived with, was actually his mother. And his father/grandfather?:
[H]e and other family members told attorneys in 1987 that Samuel Cowell was a tyrannical bully and a bigot who hated blacks, Italians, Catholics, and Jews, beat his wife and the family dog, and swung neighborhood cats by their tails. He once threw Louise's younger sister Julia down a flight of stairs for oversleeping.
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy[/ame]

Sometimes there is an organic factor as well. Lots of serial killers for example, have been found to have suffered a head injury of some sort.

But to me, there is something much more. Because millions of people suffer head injuries and traumatic childhoods. And the vast majority do not murder. And what is it? Some call it evil, some call it choice. But it makes me feel coldly toward such a person.

No, I don't get into trying to justify or explain away their behavior. If they are not slapping feces on themselves while committing murder or shortly thereafter, (semi-exaggeration alert), I'm not excusing them on the basis of bad wiring or mental illness or a horrid childhood. To me, in the end it is usually a decision - a decision to indulge the lust to harm or the decision to view another human's rights as important, at the very least, in the eyes of the law.

Poor Jessica. She must have been so terrified. He's a monster.

I was thinking of all this as I was driving home today and praying she didn't suffer or was terrified. That hopefully he knock her out chemically.

I wonder if they can cross check the garbage bag that was found where part of her remains were (very hard to type that) to garbage bags that may be in the house?

Not that it really matters because we know he did it. I was curious because of Caylee's case and the duct tape. I know that was a very rare type of tape, but can forensics determine that in a roll of garbage bags?

---------------
yes, sometimes.:what:

I believe the news station kvdr? There locally has already been saying this.

And how did they get hold of the details of his confession? That would be contempt of court in my country, (Ireland), although I understand the rules in America are different.

I've been trying to catch up but my apologies if I missed something and this has already been discussed....

Remember that "false alarm" where a teenage male in a blue 4-door sedan approached a 13 year-old boy and the boy thought it was an attempted kidnapping, with the mother of the boy snapping a photo of the supposed kidnapper sitting in his car? I know LE ruled the teenager out as a suspect in the JR murder. But, given that we now know AS is a teenager....is there any chance he was the teenager in that blue 4-door sedan? Anyone have a name on that kid or clarification? TIA!!

Not the same kid. For sure.

And how did they get hold of the details of his confession? That would contempt of court in my country, (Ireland), although I understand the rules in America are different.

I always wonder how any of these news stations gets their info.

I agree though, should not be reported if its a gag order and this is.

LOTS of people use the expression "not playing with a full deck of cards" when referring to those who have mental disabilities, including retardation. Therefore, I took offense.

Well those people are obviously not playing with a full deck of cards themselves.

When I think of that phrase I think of the other phrases that in vernacular mean essentially the same thing.

For example:

A few bricks short of a load
The light is on but nobody's home
He doesn't have sense to come out of the rain

translation: Not very smart.

will somebody please link me to a page where all of these details are coming out? My TV is being occupied by Wonder Pets :)

To the end (and the Dobson interview was either the day before or the night before he died), Ted Bundy had a knack for telling people what they wanted to hear.

Dobson wanted to hear the story of EveryKid who would have been normal had it not been for the evil influence of *advertiser censored* and that's exactly what he got.

I'm not a verified professional- so I don't know if I can state this, but I work with children and families and I conduct interviews and write reports. Most parents tell me that their childhoods were either wonderful, or horrible. Usually the ones who say that their childhoods were wonderful are lying- and I know this because I have their legal record and all the times that the DCF was called, verified reports, arrests, etc.....

People LIE.

Very interested to learn more about this as for me it could be the exact info i referred to this afternoon that should such info come to light I could/would change my opinion that Sigg was NOT yet on LE radar..plz post if you happen upon where this particular info was stated..

TIa:)

Rita on NG said Mom knew something/suspected something which we don't know. She called Police they came to th house and he confessed to his Mom then police.

One of my guesses was he was 16-23, probably in college, and living with someone because he was able to drive, the cross looked like something a young person would wear, and it looked like he was rushed in the disposal of the body.

The opinion was considered ridiculous and this is why I think all posts should be tolerated. I mean, none of us know the identity of the murderers before they're caught anyway, so every guess is just that -- a guess. It takes a minute or two to type a post, so when posts get shouted down or deleted because someone simply disagrees, it's a waste of time.

I think I may have been one of those who disagreed with you. You nailed it. But please don't take others disagreeing with you to mean your post(s) weren't tolerated. Some just disagreed. We were wrong. I've never seen posts deleted just because someone disagrees with it? Perhaps, the post(s) violated the rules here?

If it's true that JR was not killed *in* the house, then there would be no need to disclose that. I have no idea if "dismembering a body" would be a material disclosure or not. I'm not a realtor.

It may be here. I lived in a loft apartment where a body had been dismembered (but no murder -- an overdose that drove the poor boyfriend mad :( ). When I asked the landlord if my potential apartment was that one, he said yes and I had him bump off a bunch of the monthly rent and took the place.

Fortunately for the families, etc, some folks are as odd as me about things like that. It worked out better than folks might expect.

will somebody please link me to a page where all of these details are coming out? My TV is being occupied by Wonder Pets :)

What's gonna work?

TEAMWORK!

The wonderpets will help you!

Thank you for the link that I hadn't seen.

I do NOT believe any of those are FELONY ARRESTS and/or Convictions. IMO

From your link above:

Sigg’s father, Robert Sigg, has a long arrest history, including multiple DUIs, assault, domestic violence and drug-dealing arrests.

Robert Sigg has also been involved in numerous civil actions, most recently he was convicted in 2006 for involvement in a mortgage fraud scheme after he was arrested by the FBI.

I'm "sort of" caught up now, but unfortunately I think a lot of the details wrt to his confession are coming via live news or NG. I don't have cable tv so I'm out of the loop. Still watching for new links though so some of this stuff can be sourced.

This may sound odd, but comparing the two cases of Jessica and Autumn, Autumn's killers are almost scarier to me, in a way, as they apparently killed her to gain something they wanted, i.e. her bike. Killings like that seem more common among teens than this murder of Jessica by a teen. I think there are more of the type of teens who killer Autumn than the one who killed Jessica, is basically what I am trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592