CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/exclusive-details-about-arrest-kidnapping-of-jessica-ridgeway-revealed/

"The source says Sigg told police he drove by Jessica Ridgeway on the morning of October 5, turned his car around and grabbed her"

===> i.e. crime of opportunity.

"The two main connections police had to their suspect were the torso found in the field and the little girl’s backpack which contained many of her clothes. It was found in a neighborhood in Superior two days after she disappeared. A high-placed law enforcement source says Sigg confessed to leaving those things as a distraction for police."

====> distraction to avoid detection, not taunting or sending hidden decoder messages or trying to create triangular patterns or displaying/arranging remains.

I think there is generally some kind of environmental factor in these case. For example, those saying Bundy had a good life? he was raised as his mother's brother. He found out his sister, who he lived with, was actually his mother. And his father/grandfather?: Ted Bundy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for bringing this up. I saw his good childhood mentioned pages and pages back but forgot about it.

Someone also mentioned he confessed? Not until after he was caught.

One of my guesses was he was 16-23, probably in college, and living with someone because he was able to drive, the cross looked like something a young person would wear, and it looked like he was rushed in the disposal of the body.

The opinion was considered ridiculous and this is why I think all posts should be tolerated. I mean, none of us know the identity of the murderers before they're caught anyway, so every guess is just that -- a guess. It takes a minute or two to type a post, so when posts get shouted down or deleted because someone simply disagrees, it's a waste of time.

Don't feel bad, I brought up high schools boys a while back, because I thought that Jessica might be flattered if a high school boy offered her a ride, and he would not fit into the usual "stranger/danger" type kids are drilled about all the time.

I never did see it....anyone have a photo? TIA

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8499878"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - *ARREST!*Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19[/ame]

I'm "sort of" caught up now, but unfortunately I think a lot of the details wrt to his confession are coming via live news or NG. I don't have cable tv so I'm out of the loop. Still watching for new links though so some of this stuff can be sourced.

yea no cable here either. I'll search for NG updates online...but do we trust her? Is she usually right?

Convicted for what? Do you have a link? TIA
The only "backlog for DNA" was for rape kits, from my information.

You may be correct.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/24/austin-sigg-told-police-where-to-find-human-remains/

Sigg’s father, Robert Sigg, has a long arrest history, including multiple DUIs, assault, domestic violence and drug-dealing arrests.

I jumped to the conclusion that at least a few of those arrests led to convictions and most of them would be felonies.

So happy to hear he is caught. Hate doing this but can someone give me a quick run down of what is known. Medication has had me knocked out most of the day. I woke up about 10 minutes before the press conference saw on FB that an arrest was made so I stayed up to hear the presser then back to sleep. I'm trying to read but having a hard time keeping my eyes open.

Well those people are obviously not playing with a full deck of cards themselves.

When I think of that phrase I think of the other phrases that in vernacular mean essentially the same thing.

For example:

A few bricks short of a load
The light is on but nobody's home
He doesn't have sense to come out of the rain

translation: Not very smart.

Yes, and I find ALL of those expressions to be rude, inconsiderate, and offensive. Thanks for pointing this out. I would love to share that my daughter (who people could say is "not very smart") would never ever say something so mean about others. If people would take the time to get to know those with intellectual disabilities, they'd learn that they don't judge others. To be honest, my daughter, who is quite high-functioning, doesn't even "get" that people are any different from her. She's FAR better off than most of the "smart" people :)

I just read through a few pages and have to stop.

As a member of the Westminster community, I feel sick about what happened to Jessica.

I feel sick that a 17-year-old is accused of committing the crime.

These are both awful things. I don't like to think that either 10-year-olds can be brutally murdered here, or that a 17-year-old who lives here could do that. Even owing for mental illness, it's difficult news to wrap my mind around.

With those things in mind, I'm finding it very difficult to read some of the violent acts people have suggested for the accused 17-year-old either as punishment or in hopes of getting more information about what happened and whether there are other victims. Maybe he's completely evil. Maybe he's playing a game. Maybe he's mentally ill and not as completely evil as would be easier to believe. Nevertheless, most of the people here are mentally ill, and suggestions that he be tortured or subjected to vigilante justice is equally appalling. If he's responsible, I don't ever want him out in society where he can re-offend. But I certainly don't want to see or hear about any more violence, certainly not here, in my community.

MOO--but I'm sure I'm not the only community member who isn't feeling like talk of more violence is going to bring the healing and restore of the sense of safety we desperately need.

No matter what happened in the childhood of AS, I believe there is much more to why he would do this type of thing.

It can't be those things alone as I know many who, unfortunately, have suffered through a divorce, alcoholism or drug abuse in a parent, financial struggles, even molestation and who would never dream of harming a child (or adult).

No doubt childhood has great affect on all of us, but what causes some to turn to evil things and others not? Brain issues from birth? There has to be something else in addition to the childhood issues. (all this said not even knowing what issues AS faced in his childhood other than a divorce)

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/exclusive-details-about-arrest-kidnapping-of-jessica-ridgeway-revealed/

"The source says Sigg told police he drove by Jessica Ridgeway on the morning of October 5, turned his car around and grabbed her"

===> i.e. crime of opportunity.

"The two main connections police had to their suspect were the torso found in the field and the little girl’s backpack which contained many of her clothes. It was found in a neighborhood in Superior two days after she disappeared. A high-placed law enforcement source says Sigg confessed to leaving those things as a distraction for police."

====> distraction to avoid detection, not taunting or sending hidden decoder messages.
I hesitate to believe what he is saying. (the perp and his reasoning)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2685380/
Psychopathic traits and offender characteristics – a nationwide consecutive sample of homicidal male adolescents

Wow. Very interesting read you linked to. It studied Finnish homicidal teens. Finland apparently has a high rate of homicide compared to other western European nations. It found that 50% of the murderous teens has conduct disorder or a personality disorder. Only 7% had schizophrenia and 32% had no mental illness of any kind.

This may sound odd, but comparing the two cases of Jessica and Autumn, Autumn's killers are almost scarier to me, in a way, as they apparently killed her to gain something they wanted, i.e. her bike. Killings like that seem more common among teens than this murder of Jessica by a teen. I think there are more of the type of teens who killer Autumn than the one who killed Jessica, is basically what I am trying to say.

Really? Because killing for the thrill of it is not as scary?

Thanks for bringing this up. I saw his good childhood mentioned pages and pages back but forgot about it.

Someone also mentioned he confessed? Not until after he was caught.

Your welcome. That was also me who mentioned his confession. But even though he had been arrested, he still confessed. He had no need to.

Still trying to catch up, but has anyone heard whether Jessica and this boy's family knew each other? I believe I read that he went to school with Jessica. I also read that he grabbed her. I am just wondering if he turned around, jumped out quickly and grabbed her, how no one heard her scream. Now, if she knew him, that would explain why maybe she didn't.

Grandmother says she think the notches represented his victims.

Oh no. :( I am woefully far behind, so much to catch up on.

I am so glad he was caught! So glad for the community, the family, the rest of society. But even just a quick scan of the new thread and I'm appalled at the details coming out. Now to think there might be more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592