CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they have not heard from the 2 boys. Being such a small town, I have to think the two boys know about the missing boy their age, and would come forward, if they heard themselves being described. JMO

Well since some reports say this witness POSSIBLY saw Dylan, I am really not sure how positive the witness is of what/whom/when she or he saw. It's a known fact that eye witness testimony is frequently not accurate.

Well, not exactly. The mailman said that he saw someone who "looked like" Dylan, but that was days ago. Nothing seems to have come of it and today the police ruled out the possibility that Dylan ran away. I would say that they could not rule that out if they believed that the mailman really saw Dylan, and not just someone who resembled Dylan.

I'm going to MOO this because I am not going searching for the links. All of the articles posted since this afternoon contain the info that he is not a runaway.

MOO

I don't believe he is a run away and did not imply he was a runaway ..jmo

But just because some people make faulty sightings, it does not mean that ALL sightings are faulty.

I don't know if this was really him, but it might have been. The postal worker actually knew Dylan, and so it might be an accurate sighting.

But how can that be if police have reason to rule out the possibility that Dylan ran away? If there was even a chance that Dylan left of his own accord and did not want to be found, do you think that police would announce to the media that Dylan did not run away?

Then we have the fact that police are looking for video from the time that Dylan left the airport with his Dad until the time Dad says he returned from running errands (including a meet with his lawyer) the next day. If they were convinced that all was fine Sunday night and Dylan might have sneaked away after Dad left the next morning, why would they need video from the evening before?

MOO

I need some help here with this conflict:
#1)
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/121129810/‘He-would-have-called’--

The last time Dylan visited Vallecito from Colorado Springs, where she moved this summer, was on Labor Day weekend, Redwine said.

Vs this: #2)
http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1091

Previously she and Mark Redwine had shared custody. On Nov. 18, Dylan flew here for his first visit with his father since that court decision, Elaine said.

Did mom, husband Mike, son CR all go for Labor Day with Dylan to Bayfield/Vallecito/Durango? or what......?????? TIA.
Labor Day weekend was before the court order of what mom calls sole custody decided in court on Sept 21st

Some major points of info here..backpack, cell, and charger not at dads ..as well as just as of sept 21 mom got sole custody!..PRIOR TO THAT MOM AND DAD SHARED CUSTODY!

IMO HUGE PIECE OF INFO AND IMO QUITE LIKELY EXTREMELY PERTINENT INFO TO THE DISAPPEARANCE..
YIKES

ETA: I see ransom beat me to posting the above quote;)

No... it's not. We've known this since the start of this case.

Let's not use "sole custody" or you might get jumped on like I did using mom's words. It's really primary custody to be PC.

MOM moved away to C Springs this summer (5-6 hours away and I gave a map earlier). Mom's remarried. Not a biggie since they've been divorced since 2007. It happens. Mom has a better job too, or so it seems.

thanks!!!!

I wonder if DR wanted to be there? I read that the visit was court ordered. I understand that divorces can be messy and parents can use kids as "pawns", but I wonder if Mom had good reason not to voluntarily allow DR to visit his Dad. How old is the brother? Do they have diff Dads? (i'm def not as caught up as i thought...my apologies)

Different people have different feelings about those questions. Apparently he didn't want to go, but a family friend said he went shopping for Thanksgiving dinner menu and seemed fine about it. So ?

The 21 yr old son has the same dad as Dylan. He was seen hugging Dad at the vigil, which has softened my suspicions towards dad. Somewhat.

if it means anything mom says she doubts that it was Dylan seen walking..fwiw
exact wording was she was skeptical about it being Dylan..

Also its reported that dad reported him missing at 430pm rather than 6pm as a link stated upthread...moms statement from link above said she was on the road by 530pm to Durango..so IMO that lends more credence to the time reported missing is 430pm rather than 6pm..jmo

Seems like if Dylan was walking with another boy, there would be two missing now, not one.

To quote myself from the last thread quoting NG and Sgt Bender, reading the recent discussion about potential Dylan spottings with other male juveniles:

NG: "Have the little friends been interviewed?"

Sgt Bender
"We have interviewed everyone that we've been able to identify who knew or had any time spent with Dylan and several of those have been multiple interviews."

bbm -imo this either means we're looking for people to speak with in general who might have info or there are specific people we can't identify (ie,. a person who called Dylan's cell from a blocked number or this person seen following his dad's car)... Really makes me wonder if they're narrowing in on someone or the idea of someone, especially since they've ruled out the runaway theory.

Okay, goodnight all. Bring Dylan home safe today! :please:

But how can that be if police have reason to rule out the possibility that Dylan ran away? If there was even a chance that Dylan left of his own accord and did not want to be found, do you think that police would announce to the media that Dylan did not run away?

Then we have the fact that police are looking for video from the time that Dylan left the airport with his Dad until the time Dad says he returned from running errands (including a meet with his lawyer) the next day. If they were convinced that all was fine Sunday night and Dylan might have sneaked away after Dad left the next morning, why would they need video from the evening before?

I don't think that sighting means he ran away. I think he might have gotten a ride to meet up with one of the friends, and was on his way to their house, when something happened.

As for the video from the night before, they might be doing parallel investigations, like I am. :angel:

I need some help here with this conflict:
#1)
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/121129810/‘He-would-have-called’--

The last time Dylan visited Vallecito from Colorado Springs, where she moved this summer, was on Labor Day weekend, Redwine said.

Vs this: #2)

Previously she and Mark Redwine had shared custody. On Nov. 18, Dylan flew here for his first visit with his father since that court decision, Elaine said.

Did mom, husband Mike, son CR all go for Labor Day with Dylan to Bayfield/Vallecito/Durango? or what......?????? TIA.

I think they're trying to make him look like a worse father than he is. Dylan was there for a visit for Labor Day, the custody was changed on September 21st, and this is his first visit since then. Dylan, his brother and their mother moved to Colorado Springs on July 1, and he's been back in school since August. I don't think it's that unusual not to have frequent visits when the parent and child live so far apart. MOO

Labor Day weekend was before the court order of what mom calls sole custody decided in court on Sept 21st

I know that, but Mom had already moved by then to C Springs. And I provided a link to her new job (Colorado College) didn't have Labor day off.

She said she and Dylan had moved from near Bayfield to Colorado Springs on July 1 this year.

Seems like if Dylan was walking with another boy, there would be two missing now, not one.

Unless they did not run away. Maybe he met up with one of his friends like originally planned.

I don't think Dylan met up with his friends.
And I also don't think teenagers of that age would be able to keep any sort of secret for long.

Unless they did not run away. Maybe he met up with one of his friends like originally planned.

But then where are they? And why wouldn't the other boy say he had been with him that day? And why would LE want video from the night before?

One thing I know for sure, is that LE knows a heck of lot more than I do. Oh, to know what they know. Hopefully they are on this and things are rolling along. Things and info that we will never see. So all that leaves is guess and speculation. Boo. I wanna know what they do!!!

No... it's not. We've known this since the start of this case.

Let's not use "sole custody" or you might get jumped on like I did using mom's words. It's really primary custody to be PC.

MOM moved away to C Springs this summer (5-6 hours away and I gave a map earlier). Mom's remarried. Not a biggie since they've been divorced since 2007. It happens. Mom has a better job too, or so it seems.

Not being relevant still is yet to be determined..and if there's an issue with my stating the facts(I.e mom awarded SOLE custody) not my prob as its a direct quote and not my words..

PS.. Thanks for the additional info and I didn't think about the move as the awarding of sole cusgody..hmm still have to wait and see ..jmo

I know that, but Mom had already moved by then to C Springs.

She said she and Dylan had moved from near Bayfield to Colorado Springs on July 1 this year.

trying to explain what she meant...another poster said she was tryin to make Dad look bad... up thread.. explains it better than I did.

BTW: This says MH is "significant other- not husband:

One thing I know for sure, is that LE knows a heck of lot more than I do. Oh, to know what they know. Hopefully they are on this and things are rolling along. Things and info that we will never see. So all that leaves is guess and speculation. Boo. I wanna know what they do!!!

Considering so many cases go unsolved, I really wouldn't be so sure LE knows a heck of lot more then we do.
Unless they found Dylan, this case could very well be heading into the same direction a lot of missing kids cases go to-nowhere.

Whew, I'm finally getting ready to move all my links & notes over to the Media thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members