CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it troubling to anyone else that County Rd 501 borders Vallecito Reservoir?
It's likely been posted in one of the 800 threads already.

I think it iS missing. I'm just not sure why it is missing.

Dylan's friends have not said anything about them going fishing together. If D was going to go hitchhike to their town, 19 miles away, why would he take a fishing pole? It seems like a hassle.

I'm still on the fence (albeit leaning) until LE and/or the media release more info, but I think the alleged fishing pole may be a big ol' red herring, not because I think it would necessarily be cumbersome to carry a fishing pole while hitchhiking, but because:

1. As you stated: to date, Dylan's buddies haven't reported to the media any fishing plans they'd made with Dylan.

2. The so-called "missing fishing pole" info is coming from the source who now appears to be the current primary focus of the investigation.

3. Where is the proof that this "missing" fishing pole ever even existed?

4. Previous alleged sightings of Dylan on the day he was reported missing have not panned out (recent media reports indicate that it was an older boy, and not Dylan, who was seen on the 19th).

Naturally, none of the above is evidence that MR has anything to do with Dylan's disappearance, but, IMO, it does raise some questions.

I have no doubt that invesitgators have questions that need answers.

I agree...

and...if he is like my DD... He would have been calling/texting his friends back at his home with mom to let THEM know what was happening, too!

JMO

Could it be the calls were long distance and there was a charge for them. I don't know just asking. ty

"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.

Read more: Search for missing 13-year-old continues in La Plata County - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ched-missing-boy-laplata-county#ixzz2DlzFLA4j

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

THANK YOU. I don't think that was making a BIG DEAL about the fishing pole. JMO but like we always say .... each to their own.

Night all. God speed Dylan. I so :please: he is found safe SOON.

Dylan, you have so much love around you, wherever you are. You have soooooo many people looking for you sweetheart. Nobody's getting away with anything around here.

Thought you'd be home by now, buddy. We will find out what happened to you!

What is "White Castles"??

"White Castle" is a fast food chain with many locations in states from Missouri eastward to the East Coast that specializes in "White Castles" aka "Belly Bombers" (little tiny yummy flat burgers or "sliders").

People love 'em or hate 'em.

Lesson learned: Never eat them while still suffering from the flu, no matter how yummy they sound to you.......*huge mistake.... :yuck:

Going back to bed.... {{{Praying for Dylan, Praying for answers, *soon}}}

Goodnite!

Mark Redwine said Sunday that he hadn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.

"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.

Information he received from the boy's friends suggests that Dylan was hitchhiking when he disappeared, Redwine said.

"It sounds to me like he's not even in the area," he said.

He said he is concerned that a stranger could have picked up the teen and abducted him.

Read more: Search for missing 13-year-old continues in La Plata County - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ched-missing-boy-laplata-county#ixzz2Dm2DEtT7
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

BBM

this article is from 11/25 and 11/26 (Sunday/Monday).

why did he want them searching all they way at the south end of the lake? I think 4 or more miles from the house.

I'm lost for words (well not really) but I keep reading old articles and I don't think Dylan is, big swallow, alive. :furious::furious:

Oh, but I pray he is....:please:

Speaking from my own personal experience, I only played the "if only" game when I was alone. I stayed on auto pilot through much of the police interviews. Honestly, I was on auto pilot for a few months. I had to hold it together. It wasn't till things calmed waaaay down that I totally broke down. Thankfully the district attorney told me on day one to keep a diary and document everything. When something so traumatic happens you'd be surprised at the huge gaps in memory even a year later,

( my child was not abducted or missing, he was the victim of a violent crime)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug: Linda...:grouphug:

Read more: Search for missing 13-year-old continues in La Plata County - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ched-missing-boy-laplata-county#ixzz2DlzFLA4j

Water searches, especially deep water searches, typically occur when there is a reasonable belief by LE that a MP may possibly be deceased & located in the water. Without reasonable belief, LE is often reluctant to expend resources (manpower, money, etc.).

IMO, the claim of a "missing fishing pole", without further corroborating evidence, wouldn't necessarily rally the troops to search the local waterways - especially in the first days of a MP case.

In the beginning, I think LE considered Dylan to be a possible runaway. As days went on, LE ruled out a runaway scenario, hence the search of the water. IMO, I don't think the water was searched because of MR's fishing pole claims.

THANK YOU. I don't think that was making a BIG DEAL about the fishing pole. JMO but like we always say .... each to their own.

Night all. God speed Dylan. I so :please: he is found safe SOON.

If you take what he said "i question why its taken this long...."
plus yesterday
when he said something about LE not handling/investigating the situation right from the get-go (I can't get the video to play at 9 news - so those are not his words but my paraphasing...)

It kinda' seems to me he is taunting LE....I don't know...something doesn't feel right to me...:banghead::banghead:

My child isn't dead, I apologize if I mislead anyone. He's fully recovered:) it was 10 years ago!

Memory is an amazing complex thing and the brain / psyche whatever ya call it is truly wonderious in the way it will protect you by suppressing things till you can process them later.

I would be more suspicious if someone's story was told exactly the same, every time it's told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whew.... I am so glad your precious child is still alive...

but still am sorry your family had to go through such a traumatic, life changing experience!

IMO, it seems to me that MR was attempting to cast doubt on the investigation from the get-go.

I've seen this in other cases I've followed. It's not a good sign, as far as I'm concerned.

Mark Redwine said Sunday that he hadn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.

Information he received from the boy's friends suggests that Dylan was hitchhiking when he disappeared, Redwine said.

"It sounds to me like he's not even in the area," he said.

He said he is concerned that a stranger could have picked up the teen and abducted him.

Read more: Search for missing 13-year-old continues in La Plata County - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ched-missing-boy-laplata-county#ixzz2Dm2DEtT7

BBM

this article is from 11/25 and 11/26 (Sunday/Monday).

why did he want them searching all they way at the south end of the lake? I think 4 or more miles from the house.

I'm lost for words (well not really) but I keep reading old articles and I don't think Dylan is, big swallow, alive. :furious::furious:

Oh, but I pray he is....:please:

I've always thought that the cadaver dogs led them to the lake as part of the search.
"The search for 13-year-old Dylan Redwine entered its seventh day Sunday with divers searching Vallecito Lake after K-9 dogs alerted handlers they had picked up a scent coming from the water."
Read more: Search for missing 13-year-old continues in La Plata County - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ched-missing-boy-laplata-county#ixzz2Dm62IQOC

And then when he learned that LE was searching the lake, Mark Redwine issued his statement questioning why they hadn't done it sooner. It left me with the impression that he was trying to minimize the significance of the dogs hitting there (making it sound like a fishing accident rather than something nefarious).

I could be completely mistaken about my interpretation though.

Hey Everybody - I know warnings have previously been posted about the "tunnel." So, please consider this the very last warning before other action is taken.

Please STOP posting about the tunnel and lighten up on the KT talk. I know things get tense at times and we all need a little humorous relief, but it is now starting to derail the thread.

Let's get back on topic, okay?

Thanks,

Salem

Maybe Dylan brought the fishing pole with him from his home, on the plane? Do we know that he didn't? That would be a reason to notice it was gone that day.

Maybe Dylan brought the fishing pole with him from his home, on the plane? Do we know that he didn't? That would be a reason to notice it was gone that day.

For all we know, there were only two fishing poles and they were leaning against the wall by the back door. Which would make it very easy to notice one gone. We just don't know. jmo

Maybe LE told MR to check and see if anything was missing besides Dylan and his backpack....and he noticed a pole was gone. Or is that too logical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member