Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A former school board official in Newtown called into question earlier reports that Nancy Lanza had been connected to Sandy Hook Elementary School, possibly as part of the teaching staff.
“No one has heard of her,” said Lillian Bittman, who served on the local school board until 2011. “Teachers don’t know her.”
http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/201...ut-family-of-suspected-newtown-school-gunman/

This has got to be impossible? Someone had to have known her, right? I am hearing reports that she was a Teacher's Aide which is very common in Kindergarden classes.

Thank you, Wendycity!

I am so curious about the man in camo in the woods is, too!

I think person in woods( if there was one) may have just been a hunter.

Nothing being said about it now. That was in the very early stage of this.

A former school board official in Newtown called into question earlier reports that Nancy Lanza had been connected to Sandy Hook Elementary School, possibly as part of the teaching staff.
“No one has heard of her,” said Lillian Bittman, who served on the local school board until 2011. “Teachers don’t know her.”
http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/201...ut-family-of-suspected-newtown-school-gunman/

Wow, they must be reporting things before they know they are factual. I've seen that with reputable news sources, so quick to be the "first" they don't double check their facts. That is an important detail to misreport.

According to reports, she was dead and could not make a call into work.

I didn't know if she might have called in sick before she was shot. I was wondering if there was a substitute in her classroom. Now I read where she wasn't a teacher, so my question doesn't matter.

That is really odd, because didnt LE make a statement that ' the shooter was not unknown to the school' or something like that.

Image of AL published in Australian media. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-school-shooting/story-fnddckzi-1226537283734

As news filters through to Australia, I am so saddened by such a huge loss. I remember when Martin Bryant took two young lives in a massacre in Port Arthur. I remember the outrage, pain and grief we felt as a nation for these lives as well as the others. I cannot fathom the feeling people in US must be feeling about this.

It is terrible that this was the last face these little souls saw. It is a terrible time for everyone. I can't image the grief of losing a child to such violence. My thoughts are with you all.

FWIW I completely agree. IMO, we have raised the biggest generation of wusses I've ever seen. Inability to cope with problems and/or not having everything the way they envisioned. Partly to blame are the parents who said, like a mantra, "you can be anything you want."

Truth is, not everybody gets to be a brain surgeon. Some people get to dig ditches. Some people get 2 parents, some 1 and some none. College is not an inalienable right. Sometimes you have to get a job in high school to buy your own school clothes, etc. The late teen and 20-somethings cannot grasp that.

Not to take away from this tragedy, but I told my mom when I was younger that I wanted to be a professional singer and she told me to sing for her right then and there. I did. She told me, "Nope! You will never be a professional singer." Yes, it stung as I was just a little girl, but it was the most honest thing I have ever been told.

That is really odd, because didnt LE make a statement that ' the shooter was not unknown to the school' or something like that.

I have heard reports " that he was very known to the school".

If R hadn't seen A since 2010----how old was the id they found? hmmm

Not only that but if brother R hasn't seen/talked to brother A, then what was brother r doing hiding outside in the woods? Why was he there? Lots of questions for me...I totally don't understand brother saying no contact since 2010 but there he was outside the school....help me understand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Image of AL published in Australian media. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-school-shooting/story-fnddckzi-1226537283734

As news filters through to Australia, I am so saddened by such a huge loss. I remember when Martin Bryant took two young lives in a massacre in Port Arthur. I remember the outrage, pain and grief we felt as a nation for these lives as well as the others. I cannot fathom the feeling people in US must be feeling about this.

It is terrible that this was the last face these little souls saw. It is a terrible time for everyone. I can't image the grief of losing a child to such violence. My thoughts are with you all.

Thank you so much for your sympathy, twistedpiglet. As I told ScotAng, I appreciate it on a personal level. It means a lot.

FWIW I completely agree. IMO, we have raised the biggest generation of wusses I've ever seen. Inability to cope with problems and/or not having everything the way they envisioned. Partly to blame are the parents who said, like a mantra, "you can be anything you want."

Truth is, not everybody gets to be a brain surgeon. Some people get to dig ditches. The late teen and 20-somethings cannot grasp that.
Nobody "gets" to be a neurosurgeon.

People who study their arse off for a decade, have huge student loans, and have the intestinal fortitude to survive on 4 hours of sleep/night for years EARN the title neurosurgeon.

Some people do not want to put forth the effort to earn a title.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/justice/connecticut-shooting-suspect-profile/
Troubled for a long time,yet he was able to buy guns?!

"These Newtown residents described their terror and fear but did not reveal much about the Lanza family, saying they were unfamiliar with them.

Beth Israel said her daughter was in the same class at Newtown High School with Adam Lanza, who lived six houses away.

"He was troubled for sure for a long time,"

Not only that but if brother R hasn't seen/talked to brother A, then what was brother r doing hiding outside in the woods? Why was he there? Lots of questions for me...I totally don't understand brother saying no contact since 2010 but there he was outside the school....help me understand.

R was not there. He was in NJ and was taken in for questioning there.

My heart bleeds for the victim's families, the innocent victims, the children and the community. May they have the strength to get through this terrible tragedy. There are no words to describe the agony in my heart.

That gets confusing. So much confusion even with the killer's identity.

http://www.news10.net/video/default...&odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|featured

report about school nurse. Gunman came into her office, she jumped under desk and he walked out.

reporter asked if son was issue at school. Nurse said she knew the suspects mother. reporter stating that the mother was a kindergarten teacher at school.

Reporting on this is jacked up but we should get more solid details later.

I guess I am the opposite. When my children got home today, I sat down my 4,6, and 8 year old and explained to all three what happened. We talked about staying safe, following directions, and stranger danger.

I really found no reason to shield them from it, as they were likely to hear about it sooner or later. JMO

I'm like you. I believe information is power. Anyway my oldest is almost 30 the youngest 19 they seem to have turned out pretty normal.

First the report the name of the murderer--who really WASN't the monster at all...

Mom is a teacher-well NO she isn't connected to that school...

Aren't they at all responsible for reporting the FACTS?!!?

This is more that a "little bit" misleading ...kwim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01