The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #19 *ADULT CONTENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the penie pictures, I believe Wilmott was being sneaky and Juan called her on it.

Go back and look at her when the judge called a sidebar. She skipped and look happy for once. Like she's pulling a baez out of her butt.

Then why was she on the overnight(s) trip with him?
Don't forget, he took her. Sorry, but it's incredibly rude for him to marginalize JA by saying to the waitress "I'm not with her" (paraphrase). See, that's the point about part of the abuse the defense is I believe, trying to build a foundation for: that he humiliated her and marginalized her.

And yes I know, being rude is not a reason to kill someone. I know. She was good enough to boff when he was horny, but not good enough to treat decently. That's where the defense is headed with all this carp testimony, and it's a slow road not leading to a self defense justification. But come on, he was damned rude to her. He just was. IMO.

She didn't have to be with him then. She could have chosen to stay away. If he treated her like crap (and I don't think he did), she could have easily removed herself from the situation.

Not such a stretch. They stated that she was his "dirty little secret" and quite frankly, I think she was. She had control over him, knowing that she she could "out" him to the church at any time. I think she probably threatened him with such several times over! The fact that he couldn't (in fact would be doomed) if he admitted to their relations is what she is now using for her defense. He may have failed in the eyes of his "faith" but he didn't as a human being. Secrets cause such chaos always.

MOO

IIRC, JA in her, I believe, interrogation by Det. Flores, stated she was in the "repentence process". I wonder if it because of her sexual relations with TA. From what I know, if a person has premarital sex and goes to their bishop, lots of times, the bishop will want to know who the other guilty party is and call that party in for a interview (if in the same ward) or call the other person's bishop tell him. So TA might have already been "outed" and Mimi Hall said that TA was not "temple worthy". I wonder why TA told Mimi.

I did a lot of research and reading on the differences between the various personality disorders during the fallout from the Columbine Shootings, and the Casey Anthony investigation/trial. I really wanted to understand how they could do what they did. I find the psychological aspect of these criminals fascinating.
And my area of study is psychology with a focus in abnormal psychology.

You didn't address the part of my comment about the family environment though. What abuse or hardship did any of them suffer? You believe sociopaths are a product of their environment. Does a comfortable lifestyle and being somewhat privileged (or in Joran's case REALLY privileged), combined with extreme enabling, provide that type of environment that breeds a sociopath? Maybe if they came from broken, impoverished, or abusive homes I might feel differently.
Okay, perhaps I was not clear. I will attempt to expound.

There are two terms that are used almost interchangeably - sociopath and psychopath. The truth is, these two terms mean different things. A sociopath is an individual that expresses characteristics of anti-social personality disorder, but shows no real physical reason for this. The ASPD was onset because of environmental or social factors. They are a sociopath. On the converse, if an individual displays these attributes and has some sort of neurotransmitter imbalance, tumors, something actually wrong with that person or their psyche, they are a psychopath.

The two words are used almost interchangeably nowadays, but there is a clear division among the sociological world and psychological world as to causes of ASPD. As with most things, it's probably a combination of two.

Joran van der Sloot, Eric Harris, Casey Anthony and now Jodi Arias are not people who were sexually abused, physically abused, emotionally abused, or victims of an unstable home life. So how can you classify them as sociopaths or BPDs? You said it yourself, nature vs nurture. In their case I would very much have to conclude it's nature.
I believe what the original poster was trying to state is that it is possible for a person to develop sociopathy over time because of abuse or other factors. Jodi's sociopathy may not necessarily be a "born with" trait, but something that was the result of abuse suffered at some point. Just because she displays ASPD does not mean she has been like this her entire life, and abuse may very well have triggered the dysfunction.

I'm not saying I agree with this. Just attempting to clarify what I believe the other person meant.

Did JA stay conncted to the Morman faith after she left TA?

Her parents own Daddy O...........what is that?

Has her father ever been to the trial?

You are not alone. I said much the same thing at the beginning of this trial with the pics of him on the shower. I am mortified for this poor young man and his family. :(

Yes, I was also very much against the death pics being spread around uncensored as well. I don't have the same thinking when it is Jodi though. So that shows it isn't just me being a prude. I just have a deep respect for Travis and his grieving family.

And, thank you for saying that. I really do appreciate it very much.

As has been pointed out to me, the penis pics are "part of the trial". But, I disagree. They may technically be a part of the clinical definition of the trial, but going on and on to humiliate the memory of this man who was an innocent victim is just sickening to me. And, I have to point out that I am not accusing anyone of doing anything on purpose. I just think that too often, people forget about the sanctity of what should be discussed to what actually is being discussed. Every one of us has a right to say what we want to here and laugh about whatever we want to. However, I also feel the necessity to point out my feelings as well.

I've tried to keep myself out of any humiliating type discussion of the subject matter, however I also realize that what I find to be a very clinical discussion of a natural subject others may not. I work in a urology office and as part of my job and normal course of conversation we often discuss male genitalia(and female to a lesser degree since we have a higher volume of male patients) thus I may see it as much less invasive and not humiliating. Hopefully I haven't ventured into humiliating side of the discussion, however if I did my apologies.

Where is the link to the penis photo and I'll run it through http://tineye.com.

If this happens to be an underage guy's equipment, I'm telling the feds that you guys made me do it. :D

I did a lot of research and reading on the differences between the various personality disorders during the fallout from the Columbine Shootings, and the Casey Anthony investigation/trial. I really wanted to understand how they could do what they did. I find the psychological aspect of these criminals fascinating.

You didn't address the part of my comment about the family environment though. What abuse or hardship did any of them suffer? You believe sociopaths are a product of their environment. Does a comfortable lifestyle and being somewhat privileged (or in Joran's case REALLY privileged), combined with extreme enabling, provide that type of environment that breeds a sociopath? Maybe if they came from broken, impoverished, or abusive homes I might feel differently.

Joran van der Sloot, Eric Harris, Casey Anthony and now Jodi Arias are not people who were sexually abused, physically abused, emotionally abused, or victims of an unstable home life. So how can you classify them as sociopaths or BPDs? You said it yourself, nature vs nurture. In their case I would very much have to conclude it's nature.

Are you familiar with the book "Far From the Tree" by Andrew Solomon? It's brilliant. Given your interest in the BBM you would love the chapter "Crime" which has a section on Dylan Kleibold and several other young people who committed crimes. It examines the nature vs. nuture, and gives the most fascinating insight. The other chapters include autism, disability, and schizophrenia but I've been most focused on Crime. I would recommend it with two thumbs up and 5 stars for you!

Far From the Tree: Parents, Children and the Search for Identity: Andrew Solomon: 9780743236713: Amazon.com: Books

IIRC, JA in her, I believe, interrogation by Det. Flores, stated she was in the "repentence process". I wonder if it because of her sexual relations with TA. From what I know, if a person has premarital sex and goes to their bishop, lots of times, the bishop will want to know who the other guilty party is and call that party in for a interview (if in the same ward) or call the other person's bishop tell him. So TA might have already been "outed" and Mimi Hall said that TA was not "temple worthy". I wonder why TA told Mimi.

She only said TA wouldnt be temple worthy because by the time she testified she knew he had had sex with Jodi.

I think Jodi blackmailed him and used ever dirty trick she knew to keep him under her control. He clearly wanted out and nothing to do with Jodi. Even not wanting to be alone with her. She wouldnt just go to CA and stay there. Not Jodi.........she was going to do what she wanted come hell or high water.

IMO

PLEASE...someone...please tell me what in the HELL-O does it matter whose photos these belong to? HOW does it matter? Why is everyone going on and on and on about it? I just don't understand. I know that it seems to be okay and definitely not against rules here, but this is supposed to be a victim friendly forum. How would any of us feel if our brother, or father, or son were murdered and there was a forum of people laughing and joking about a part of him? I'm sure I will take heat on this, but I feel that I have to say it out of respect for a dead young man who was slaughtered. I don't mean to offend anyone with this post. I just don't understand. PLEASE help me understand!

:blush: and directly following today Katie giving a card to his family mentioning Websleuth support.... :blush:

Then what was the point of the image, if not to create an emotional appeal to the jurors?

:waitasec:

JMO but I think it was to show that it wasn't just Travis's life that was ruined by Miss Jody but many, many others as well.
And to show how trivial this all is when you look at the big picture.
Oh my, after that everything did look so trivial to me:what:

Hi Everyone. Gonna settle in then write my today observations/experiences but for now want to share what came in my mind today.

To this defense team or any murder defense team:

"You went too far the minute you grabbed that straw that had the victim's good name etched on it. "

There is a time to stop grabbing. Find a defense that's adequate but disallows humiliating dead, loved victims. Some things in our culture simply should not be normalized.

I'm gonna keep saying this one out loud to anyone who will listen.

I'm jumping in here late so sorry to go back to these pictures. I didn't see any of the trial today and haven't really checked the thread, but I did read an MSM article about some of the court events today.

Is it just me, or is that penis of a darker-skinned male? Is that the picture JA is saying TA sent her of him?!? No way. No sure about that lighter-colored thigh or whatever on the right, but the hand is not TA's. Has that been mentioned in court?

Did JA stay conncted to the Morman faith after she left TA?

Her parents own Daddy O...........what is that?

Has her father ever been to the trial?

It's a Diner. Apparently a "family" diner. That's one family I want nothing to do with. Sorry.

I've tried to keep myself out of any humiliating type discussion of the subject matter, however I also realize that what I find to be a very clinical discussion of a natural subject others may not. I work in a urology office and as part of my job and normal course of conversation we often discuss male genitalia(and female to a lesser degree since we have a higher volume of male patients) thus I may see it as much less invasive and not humiliating. Hopefully I haven't ventured into humiliating side of the discussion, however if I did my apologies.

No need to apologize...really. It is very obvious that I am in the minority here. It isn't so much discussing any photo as it is evidence in the trial, but talking about Travis' "man bits" and the color and the size and having this be a victims forum is what I am upset over. And, I worked LE for many years, and was the only woman with almost all men, so I can take and tell a dirty joke with the best of them. Travis' penis is not a part of this case, in my opinion.

I apologize too if I've offended anyone with my opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
callumh804