Jodi Arias trial discussion #21 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear when Juan gets up to skewer her I'm going to have to hide in a conference room somewhere @ work because I'll be squealing in excitement.

Time to set the DVR's for JVM, Nancy Grace, and Dr. Drew!

You know Nancy is gonna be spinning like the Tasmanian Devil tonight! :great: It's a *can't miss*! :floorlaugh:

And don't forget RuPaul's Drag Race! Because we all need a break from the case for some fabulousness!

Time to set the DVR's for JVM, Nancy Grace, and Dr. Drew!

You know Nancy is gonna be spinning like the Tasmanian Devil tonight! :great: It's a *can't miss*! :floorlaugh:

And don't forget RuPaul's Drag Race! Because we all need a break from the case for some fabulousness!:great:

Gosh ya'll are cracking me up!!

If JA got the chance, betcha she did try to get with the Freeman (sp?) fella just didn't fall into her scheme of plans.. poor TA
How did TA's family look today? seems they kept the cams on JA's side, really feel for TA's family and hope they are weathering thru all this BS!!

Too much detail. She really likes to tell a story....

And that is a major mistake on her part.... But I'm glad she's doing it, as I grow older & older by the minute. Yes, the tangled web of deceit she's weaving is gonna wrap her up and deliver her to the state Dept. of Corrections... I hope.

Really, how long do we think she's going to be up there on direct?
Between Nurmi's s-l-o-w questioning and JA's babbling on about her mother's increase in size, I'm concerned about my Holiday shopping this December.

:floorlaugh: Quote of the day!

The only thing good about her talking on and on is it gives Juan lots of things to cross her on.

Do you think Juan has researched Bobby, the hoarder house, her previous boyfriends, Matt? (I could not keep up) I cannot wait until Mr. Martinez starts asking her questions!

DEFENSE ATTORNEY FAIL -----------> Why would you let her tell about playing with swords! LMAO

This is so pitiful, I think I will just laugh.

Yeah, I caught that she took Karate since childhood and as an adult had male friends teach her what they were studying as far as swordwork, etc, goes. Well, well, well!

All the drama in this woman's life and follow that thread from age 7 to age 20 (isn't that where we left off?) and all the fault is placed elsewhere. Her parents, Bobby, Victor...everybody dumped on JA...she has absolutely no responsibility for all the failures in those 13 years. I wish I were that perfect.

Hey Madeline or anyone else... do you recall how many days Jason Young was on the stand in his first trial? I want to say it was two but cannot recall.

I could be wrong nurse, but I think I recall it was morning with def attorney and the pros had lunch and then he was on for pros. The pros, IF I remember, only had a few hours before they blew it! All in one day!

Thank goodness they got a second chance!

JMHO
fran

I can imagine Juan being hyped up tonight as he prepares himself for the cross-examination to come. He'll probably be cross examining her in his sleep for the next couple of nights. A prosecutor's dream.

I cannot get over the reason she gave about her statement about no jury will convict her. OMG That one caught me by surprise.

For those of you who missed it she said no jury would convict her because she had planned on killing herself but couldn't say that at the time because she would have been on suicide watch. Uh huh.

In other words, a jury wouldn't convict her because she would be dead and there would be no court or jury etc.

wow. just. wow.

Is it over? Who has a link? I want to watch her!!!

Salem

I think he's not objecting because 1) he doesn't want to look like he is attacking the poor victim (which would add to her being seen as the battered woman) and 2) because her testimony isn't doing any damage. When I saw her on 48 hours, she is EXCELLENT at playing the role of strength, but she does not do well trying to play victim. Compared to her 48 hours display, even while lying about everything, she was smooth. Here, she is choppy and her answers sound rehearsed. She appears to be trying to portray an emotion (victim, battered) that she has trouble letting herself feel.

If it is true she is a narcissist, they feel so empty inside and have no empathy or conscience. To make up for the void, they love to play the hero or something grand. To play a victim, even to save her own life, would be very against her nature, something she would not want to convey or let herself feel. I actually think her testimony will help the prosecution, especially when compared to all her interviews with LE. When you look at those interviews, it is obvious that this timid, shy girl is not her true personality, even under questioning re murder.

Juan is doing the right thing. Again.

Agreed, and Jodi is doing quite a good job of painting a picture of herself for the jury - a picture that is not at all helpful to her defense, but will be quite useful to the prosecution. I can just hear it now -- what better way to argue to the jury than to use the accused's own words.

There was a real disconnect between what Nurmi was trying to elicit and what Jodi was giving him. I think Jodi does not understand normal emotions or how to evoke compassion ... she doesn't "get" how normal people think and feel.

In all these stories, everything was always someone else's fault. She is not willing to take one iota of responsibility for her life or anything that has happened in it.

Anyone notice that she always seems to know the EXACT number of miles between houses, between cities, etc. ? Like a GPS savant or something, lol!

I was listening in the car, and picked up on several similarities with another compulsive liar we know well.

Use of "obviously".
Use of "absolutely."

She came across as VERY rehearsed to me.

For one of our attorneys:

Why did they seat her in the witness box and swear her in BEFORE they brought the jury back? Confused about that.

I told my husband, OMG, Jodi is taking the stand..she is gonna have a meltdown.. she is going to start crying and they are going to have to carry her out of the courtroom. Boy was I wrong!

Wait til Juan gets ahold of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member