CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it's not Nancy G, I'm good to go. There is no comparison when it comes to "biased" reporting, IMO. And with all the interruptions, no one can hear what anyone has to say. JMO

Although I agree, NG gets the best guest they can...although we don't know if Mark was asked, but I suspect he was...my point is we go back & quote those two transcripts almost on a daily basis, thread after thread and this happens in any case she covers. So I do give her credit in getting the guests, etc. if she just would let someone give a full sentence answer....:banghead:

I totaly disagree. jmo

I'm confused, when you divorce someone, you are no longer family. How can you still be a family while living separate lives? Not talking brother's, sister's I'm referring to husband and wife. Once that bond it broke, you are no longer family IMO

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/local/central/nm-k-9-group-to-help-search-for-teen

A spokesperson for the La Plata County sheriff's office says he was unaware of the K-9 group's offer for help.

He says the department has already used their own K-9's in the search.
BBM

Obviously LE is well aware of the dogs now and I'm sure they are doing whatever they think needs to happen to support the search.

I still have these questions though:

Are these dogs better/differently trained than the ones LE used?
Did LE miss or refuse to take the dogs to areas that the family wanted searched? Why would they refuse?
Will these dogs trespass or have all owners of private property given permission to search? And if the owners would give this group permission, wouldn't they have given it to LE? Or are they only searching public lands and right of ways?
Is it that this private group will search more area? Why wouldn't LE do that?
Does the family not trust LE to do a thorough search with dogs?

Although I agree, NG gets the best guest they can...although we don't know if Mark was asked, but I suspect he was...my point is we go back & quote those two transcripts almost on a daily basis, thread after thread and this happens in any case she covers. So I do give her credit in getting the guests, etc. if she just would let someone give a full sentence answer....:banghead:

Yeah, I agree. She's got the audience, but SOMEONE needs to tone her down!!!
I pray to all that's holy, I never end up on her show. I know I wouldn't be able to stop myself from telling her to just shut up! :great:

MOO

NO YOU MISS THE POINT..it's not about the parents...it's not about
Mark, whose been left behind by wives and kids and wha wha wha everybody is so mean to poor Mark, and it's not about Elaine, whose heart has been ripped out because some SOB has taken her baby away from her (most likely for good). IT IS ABOUT DYLAN and finding him and finding out what happened to him and preventing it from happening to any other children and about finding Justice for Dylan, so all of the adults in this scenario need to put on their big kid pants and suck up their feelings and concentrate on DYLAN.

I think a lot of people are missing the point. It is about Dylan, or rather it SHOULD be. There are many many people who are turning it into something else straight out of the Jerry Springer file. Dylan is lost in the drama and the warring FB pages, and the badges of who can get banned, stalking people, getting into peoples personal lives. It's sad and it's sick. It shouldn't be a competition and no one needs to put on their big kid pants. All of this talk is ridiculous. We have so little info from LE yet there are 36 threads of pure drama bs back and forth.

I'm confused, when you divorce someone, you are no longer family. How can you still be a family while living separate lives? Not talking brother's, sister's I'm referring to husband and wife. Once that bond it broke, you are no longer family IMO

Respectfully disagree. Our children tie us together, and as I tell my boys all the time, there's not a single definition of family. Family is a big enough word to include whoever we want.

Bingo. Semantics is what it is and it is semantics that is hanging MR for a lot of posters here. Every word is disected and commented on. jmo

Semantics towards MR is one thing, semantics that someone said being credit to ER is totally different. Again, I am no more responsible for what you say that you are responsile for what I say. (My use of I and you are general not specific to the poster or myself)

I can see both points. Not all divorces are bitter. Some people divorce and remain close and do consider the fact they share kids and grandkids as family.

I think he reads people quite well. From the times I have watched Dr. Phil he always seemed to be able to weasel his way inside the heart(s) of the "stubborn" guest(s). Several times, at first glance, I may have thought that a certain individual was the "problem child" so to speak, and I was impressed that Dr. Phil actually saw something that I didn't and went to the person I least expected him to. The times I have watched him, I always felt he was pretty fair in "calling out" folks, and never witnessed him picking on just one person - he went at both sides equally and fairly (IMO). Also, I was impressed that he found the ability to add a touch of humor when things needed to be lightened up in order for him to successfully continue the dialogue. I'm going to remain positive that something good will come of this, no matter how small...

I admit I don't watch often, but I totally agree with what you said & helps in my perception of him/show. We now know he tapes over two days in addition to the mountain of staff he may possibly have doing research, so I guess one of my perceptions is quelled that he is not just doing 10 min. psych evaluations so to speak, because I have found him harsh on occasions. I am hoping this will be a positive step & I believe he will also figure out what resources this family needs & try to aid them.

Respectfully disagree. Our children tie us together, and as I tell my boys all the time, there's not a single definition of family. Family is a big enough word to include whoever we want.

Not always. You cannot say that about everyone. There are many, many things that disqualify this. And when children are adults, there is no need to define yourself as part of a "family" with an ex. But I'm not going there again tonight.
MOD Raine has already limited this conversation. Respectfully, for anyone who missed previous discussion, we need to change the subject. JMO

I have never been that broken. There are grand parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins that are still in the picture. And they are a very important part of the picture, the family. You can't just exlude blood relatives. I don't know it just wasn't a part of my divorce. jmo

I have a good idea to get some fresh perspective. Could we all find one good friend or family member we have NOT already discussed Dylan's case with to watch the dr phil show and tell us their thoughts after? Ideally it would be someone who knows nothing about it and you dont' discuss one WORD with them prior to it except ' i've been following this case and would like your input' . I think for someone who hasn't been glued to every detail and every word, we might get some interesting findings. After it you can ask ' where is Dylan and how did he get there ' and see what they think. After that initial answer of theirs you can sway them with your own arguments if you want. I know I would , but if we don't do it before, we would get real pure perspective. Right?
Thoughts?

I had thought to do this as well. Probably my husbvand since he's a real skeptic and has not been privy to much of my Dylan ramblings. My mom has and I thought to ask her to watch it as well- just to get a second and third pair of eyes and ears.

Lighting a candle for Dylan's path home.

Thanks!!!!! I looked today at the candles lit and there were only 15.

So sad....

I just wish that we could all just put our money where our mouth is and instead of sniping at one another or arguing if we don't agree with another's opinion, I wish we would all just go take a break and light a candle for Dylan and provide some well wishes for the FAMILY - you can light one for MR, you can light one for ER, you can light one for DR. With the dogs going out to search tomorrow, with the upcoming Dr. Phil show... I'm sure the FAMILY could use all the well wishes right about now.

It would kind of reign us all in on what our real purpose is here. We all talk about Dylan being the most important thing, but the quips/innuendos and unlit candles tell otherwise...

JMO

I had thought to do this as well. Probably my husbvand since he's a real skeptic and has not been privy to much of my Dylan ramblings. My mom has and I thought to ask her to watch it as well- just to get a second and third pair of eyes and ears.

I will ask three people to watch and provide their thoughts (without providing them any history):
1) my DH who is a much too blunt kinda guy and won't hold back.
2) I will also ask my 87-year-old dad to watch. He is sharp as a tack, quiet, reserved, but if asked, he will hit you with what you may not be ready to hear!
3) a neighbor woman who is homebound and watches lot of TV

I'll report back what their thoughts/impressions were.

Thanks!!!!! I looked today at the candles lit and there were only 15.

So sad....

I just wish that we could all just put our money where our mouth is and instead of sniping at one another or arguing if we don't agree with another's opinion, I wish we would all just go take a break and light a candle for Dylan and provide some well wishes for the FAMILY - you can light one for MR, you can light one for ER, you can light one for DR. With the dogs going out to search tomorrow, with the upcoming Dr. Phil show... I'm sure the FAMILY could use all the well wishes right about now.

It would kind of reign us all in on what our real purpose is here. We all talk about Dylan being the most important thing, but the quips/innuendos and unlit candles tell otherwise...

JMO

Thank you for this reminder.

Thank you for this reminder.

I swore I'd NEVER talk like my mother when I got older. Dagnabbit!!!!!

Mirror, Mirror on the wall
I am my Mother After All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek :great::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The key there is "whoever we want". Family are the folks who nurture and care for you, not someone who abuses and hurts you. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01