CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who killed Elisa Lam?

3/ But why didn´t he just throw her away from the roof? That would quite easy have looked like an suicide. I think he got panic and needed to hide the body as fast as possible without being seen.

Personally, I think using the water tank to hide her body was deliberate; it was someone who resented the staff and patrons of that hotel and took some sick pleasure in knowing people were using the water she was decomposing in. Maybe it is someone angry at the gentrification of the neighborhood and this was one last way to prevent it.

SOrry, I couldn't get the above to quote correctly (edited to say)

If they had thrown her body (alive or dead) from the rooftops onto the street level, there are a lot of witnesses who will be able to determine when she fell.

However, it might be possible to cover up a homicide as a suicide if she was pushed while alive without any sign of assault. Just a simple push while Elisa was off-guard would of made it look as if she jumped on the roof as well.

But if she was already deceased, say strangulated by the neck or had a head trauma via a blunt weapon, they can determine she was murdered first and then her body was thrown from the roof.

But the alleged suspect instead dumped her body in the water tank, destroying any evidence of outside DNA, traces of semen and also physical body damage (because she was in water, osmosis would occur making her skin wrinkly and also advance her decomposition rate depending on how humid the weather was over the 19 day period she was apparently inside the water tank) which seemed to be a more ingenious place to put her body.

Although they failed to realize the water tanks distrubute water around the hotel for drinking water and shower water for example, and a guest at the hotel filed a complaint about low water pressure leading to a maintenance worker discovering her body on Feb.19th.

I also think it could of been a deliberate place to stash her body, but we also can't rule out that the perp. may have already known of the water tanks prior before.

I think this is important information due to how possible it would be that Elisa were with somebody on the roof that night. Clear sky with no clouds, perfect for shooting some pictures. That is the reason why I believe that he/that man had a camera.

And I was foolish in my last comment. Of course she must have come down from 15th floor by the stairs when she arrived to the elevator. So my belief is that she had been up there.

The weather conditions during February 1:

No rain - clear view - 11°C during the night

It did not come any rain until February 8: 1.78 mm

After that it started raining again on Tuesday February 19: 3.30 mm

Btw, if that tank was not locked, that is a serious security breach. Doesn't surprise me given where it is, but to not lock a hatch that allows access to a given population's water supply is negligent imo.

Just a thought...those clothes in the video looked pretty loose-fitting.

If she was in the tank for some time, could the inevitable agitation inside the water tank and decompositon of the body maybe cause any clothing to detach from the body?

Not sure how much suction comes from a tank like that. If she got in incidentally, could some suction have pulled her down and drowned her? Sort of like a riptide?

Good question. Someone here did a pretty in-depth analysis of the way water tanks work and what would happen to a body in one (maybe in thread #2?). I'd be interested in the suction too--we all know what can happen if something or someone gets caught in a Jacuzzi or pool drain. It's my understanding that the water in the tank exited through the side (a pipe?), not the bottom.

@RW

SBM BBM
"Basically they have to do a duty to warn if they think anyone else could be in danger. So like if u poison ur girlfriend and we think its suspicious and are looking into it, i don't really have to say to the public that a murderer is out there."

I appreciate your comments. However, I respectfully disagree.

I've also been following the cousins case in Iowa. LE has not warned the public Sorry. :twocents:

Sorry I may be misunderstanding you here. But the LE have not put out a warning because they do not believe there is an existing threat is what my friend is stating.

Re: The sex offenders in the building (and the new one mentioned above): They have all been convicted of lewd and lascivious acts on children under age 14. To me, that means they're child rapists/molesters. Doesn't mean they wouldn't go after any easy target, but I wonder if a pedophile would be interested in a 21-year-old woman. Also, the two in the Cecil are 67 and I think almost 90. AT is the 67 yo pedophile pictured in the video of the water. I personally don't see either SO as a suspect, BUT I'd be checking into their close associates/frequent visitors, like the "adopted son" (if he in fact exists).

I posted two more above who are younger 40s-50s, one of which was convicted of rape by force.

I just find it so creepy that a bunch of perps live in the hotel. Does the hotel warn their guests of this? Do the hotel owners/management even care?

Hilarious!!!...Great Find!

Don't mean to be a prude, but I can see that other people on this thread will see that statement as offensive on the context of that picture of the bus saying 'murder is in season' not to far from the Cecil Hotel from other people based on foresight.

Though I do find that coincidence very eerie.

bus.jpg

Anyway I do hope Cecil Hotel is held accountable for making those hatches UNLOCKED on all 4 water tank cisterns.

Based on the evidence provided here of people going on the rooftops without security stopping them, who could of known if some lunatic climbed up there, scaled the water tank and dumped arsenic, rat poison, fecal matter and other harmful chemicals into the water tanks to be distributed throughout the entire hotel used for drinking and showering?

The rooftop door is locked and secure with an alarm? So why isn't the fire escapes on the hallways also armed with an alarm trigger or security system as well when somebody opens it? I'm saying, if somebody opens that fire escape in the window, an alarm will ring contiously throughtout the hotel such as a fire alarm for example.

smeinzer, an urban photographer used the fire escape on the 15th floor hallway and reported that it was not locked and was easy to access in order to get up the rooftops on the Cecil Hotel. Also, no CCTV cameras are present on the rooftops as well.

Btw, if that tank was not locked, that is a serious security breach. Doesn't surprise me given where it is, but to not lock a hatch that allows access to a given population's water supply is negligent imo.
Given the state of that hotel and it's history, I wouldn't be surprised. How concerned for their client's welfare are they when they allow sex offenders to live there?

And the bus number 7414 sounds like "Go die! Will Die!" in mandarin Chinese...errrr :what:

Creepy... I just did the same thing with Google Maps. Looks almost like it's not actually on the bus though... like an ad digitally placed after this event!

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Cecil+Hotel,+South+Main+Street,+Los+Angeles,+CA&hl=en&ll=34.044161,-118.251128&spn=0.019451,0.042272&sll=42.076446,-71.23265&sspn=1.115134,2.705383&oq=cecil+hotel+los&hq=Cecil+Hotel,+South+Main+Street,+Los+Angeles,+CA&t=m&z=15&layer=c&cbll=34.043869,-118.251286&panoid=gVvjDt8s8bakn5dTtb0QqQ&cbp=12,18.64,,0,7.22"]http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Cecil+Hotel,+South+Main+Street,+Los+Angeles,+CA&hl=en&ll=34.044161,-118.251128&spn=0.019451,0.042272&sll=42.076446,-71.23265&sspn=1.115134,2.705383&oq=cecil+hotel+los&hq=Cecil+Hotel,+South+Main+Street,+Los+Angeles,+CA&t=m&z=15&layer=c&cbll=34.043869,-118.251286&panoid=gVvjDt8s8bakn5dTtb0QqQ&cbp=12,18.64,,0,7.22[/ame]

I posted two more above who are younger 40s-50s, one of which was convicted of rape by force.

I just find it so creepy that a bunch of perps live in the hotel. Does the hotel warn their guests of this? Do the hotel owners/management even care?

Me too. I live in a major city across from some sort of group home for the mentally ill (good times!). Just for kicks and giggles I did a search for SO in my neighborhood a while back. What do you know? One was just across the street in the home! (Mercifully, he was also ancient.) During my search, I also came across a multitude of SOs who live in local shelters. We don't have SRO hotels here (that I know of), but I don't think anybody has to notify anyone--that's what the SO registry is for. Which is pretty ridiculous when you're in hotel!

Re: The sex offenders in the building (and the new one mentioned above): They have all been convicted of lewd and lascivious acts on children under age 14. To me, that means they're child rapists/molesters. Doesn't mean they wouldn't go after any easy target, but I wonder if a pedophile would be interested in a 21-year-old woman. Also, the two in the Cecil are 67 and I think almost 90. AT is the 67 yo pedophile pictured in the video of the water. I personally don't see either SO as a suspect, BUT I'd be checking into their close associates/frequent visitors, like the "adopted son" (if he in fact exists).

Didn't EL posted somewhere about pedophiles? i think it was Tumblr...can someone verify this?

Who, in your estimation, is she looking at, gesturing to, or possibly talking to on her right if the assailant is on her left and controlling the elevator buttons on the outside?

I don't believe there's anyone to the right. I think you might be thinking of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3TjVBpyTeZM#t=117s

...if so, what you're seeing is the occupant has his hand griped on the back of her neck, his gun on the back of her head, and he's probably saying something like, "I gave you 20-seconds." Her strange arm movement is her trying to trigger the sensor to keep the door open. The occupant eventually notices what she's doing, and he gives her a "yank" on her neck.

Sorry I may be misunderstanding you here. But the LE have not put out a warning because they do not believe there is an existing threat is what my friend is stating.

What I'm saying after reading your post, is that quite often (referring to Iowa cousins case) LE does not always warn the public-even when a threat is out there. Hence my disagreement.
IMHO, just because a "poster" says something, I personally do not take it as fact. Nothing personal JMHO. :twocents:

Good question. Someone here did a pretty in-depth analysis of the way water tanks work and what would happen to a body in one (maybe in thread #2?). I'd be interested in the suction too--we all know what can happen if something or someone gets caught in a Jacuzzi or pool drain. It's my understanding that the water in the tank exited through the side (a pipe?), not the bottom.

if i remember correctly, there's a post on the chinese forum with pictures from those that went up to the roof to investigate themselves, and they mentioned that the pipes are on the side and are only around 4 inches in diameter...
i don't think clothes can fit through a 4 inch pipe....

I think the "Duty to Warn" is an important point. If law enforcement really did suspect someone was on the loose drugging and/or raping/murdering girls in the Cecil they would put out some kind of alert or notification to try and prevent another murder. But instead we have to wait 6-8 weeks before they'll let us know anything. That says a lot.

Me too. I live in a major city across from some sort of group home for the mentally ill (good times!). Just for kicks and giggles I did a search for SO in my neighborhood a while back. What do you know? One was just across the street in the home! (Mercifully, he was also ancient.) During my search, I also came across a multitude of SOs who live in local shelters. We don't have SRO hotels here (that I know of), but I don't think anybody has to notify anyone--that's what the SO registry is for. Which is pretty ridiculous when you're in hotel!

How can a hotel ever say it's "safe" when perps and ex-cons live there? And they go about promoting STAY (giving it the address 636 S Main St, to not connect it with the CECIL Hotel at 640 S Main St so if you do a search for SO's you may not find any...) as this hotel for young travelers and college youth when there's perps on different floors in the building. They even have open bathrooms on every floor...some perp can catch you off guard, or set up a hidden cam in one of them to record you. "Stay on Main is the hippest boutique hotel!"
promo2.jpg
<A picture from their site. CHEERS GIRLS! Don't mind the rapist on the 7th floor! He won't hurt you....

I don't believe there's anyone to the right. I think you might be thinking of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3TjVBpyTeZM#t=117s

...if so, what you're seeing is the occupant has his hand griped on the back of her neck, his gun on the back of her head, and he's probably saying something like, "I gave you 20-seconds." Her strange arm movement is her trying to trigger the sensor to keep the door open. The occupant eventually notices what she's doing, and he gives her a "yank" on her neck.

I still a little confused on how this 'held at gunpoint theory' would be possible FutzBucket.

Have you ever considered the possibility that CCTV cameras on the hallways would of caught all of that? Then again, did non-LE reporters ever confirm seeing CCTV cameras on the hallways? Nevertheless, just scream for help because all of the resident rooms are not 15 steps away from the elevator? Her screams for help would of been picked up on the lower floors as well, since the stairwells are open and not secluded behind a door.

The perp would have to be on Elisa's left side on the hallway to hold her up at gunpoint while being not seen by the CCTV camera inside the elevator.

Then explain to me who Elisa is talking to on the right side hallway.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM"]Elisa Lam Video - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/zXVG4fgvfTk"]test2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ test[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley