100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm not an artist, I can draw - only because I had to take courses in figure drawing for my fashion design degree. When I saw JA's art I thought it looked "flat". There is no dimension to it - no depth. She has some talent, but her art is nothing special. Her art is of the "dime a dozen" brand.

I went to art school have lived off my painting in the past and work as an Art Director for my day job .. I view folios and deal with creatives constantly, I have also been on the admissions board at an art school.

She has no talent. She wouldn't even get through round one if she was applying for a course. Her 'art' is just copies of pictures from magazines. There's no particular talent in her drawing style, she has no unique aesthetic, she has no particular flair in application of material and most of all she has nothing to say - there's no conceptual thinking involved.

She'd end up on the reject pile if she even got to interview stage. There's no creative intelligence to her work at all.

This very convenient "fog" is backfiring on Jodi. She's so slick ... she thinks she can use this to completely cover-up the killing. It's not working! Almost a quarter of the juror questions are IGNORING her claim that she was in a fog.

They're still asking questions like 'Why did you put him in the shower?' and 'Why put the camera in the washing machine?'. This means they're totally not buying her 'fog machine.'

Jodi probably thinks the jurors are stupid for constantly asking her why she did this 'n that during her fog. But the joke's on Jodi: The jurors see through her 'fogginess' and they're ignoring her attempt to cover-up what really happened.

Is it too late for Jodi to plead insanity? Maybe some of the jurors find her mentally unstable prior to this incident that's why they asked if she ever got help for her mental issues?

Elleelle have you jumped ship? I haven't seen your post in a few days (new job)... Seems your opinions have changed.

Can I get a handclap :great:

I thought she screwed up on that. I thought she originally claimed that, after getting the gun and running into the bathroom, TA was behind her and he came at her from out of the closet door nearest the shower.

But today she said he went back out the bedroom side closet door and then came down the bathroom hall.

Did I misunderstand her first version (sorry, I mean 3rd), or did she change the sequence today?

Yes, that's what I saw too. She placed herself in the closet reaching for the gun, then placed Travis running from the bedroom door down the hall toward the bathroom. ...i.e., according to her today, they were never together in the closet.

IMO there is no way TA was taking pictures of his own murder. Sorry, that is as far-fetched as it gets. Might he have somehow 'hit' or inadvertantly 'slid' the camera during this struggle? Sure. but taking pictures as he is being shot and stabbed? No way. He was busy trying to get away and stay alive. His mind was not on that camera but on breathing, living, escaping. And, by that last picture, the one with the blood streaming down his back, he is dead or very near so.

I concur. That's just sensationalism set out by mainstream media.

I believe the camera was around her neck the whole time and in the struggle(s), it kept making contact with her body and going off.

Even the photo of her shoe/pants and Travis' bloody dragging body.....I believe the camera was still on the strap, around her neck but was lower to the ground as she was hunched over tugging his body.

I think the camera became unattached from the strap and dropped into the wash machine unbeknown to Jodi. I think she left with the strap around her neck.

How is it, not ONE neighbor saw her that evening??? Don't people usually come home from work around this time? Or....did Jodi hide up there until the wee hours of the morning then, make her escape??? Hmmmmmm If only Napoleon could speak.

My boyfriend just said (with Jodi on the screen), "God, she's so ugly."

LOL!

My sister in law who is not following the case said "She looks like that woman in Texas who drowned in kids in the bathtub!"

Is it too late for Jodi to plead insanity? Maybe some of the jurors find her mentally unstable prior to this incident that's why they asked if she ever got help for her mental issues?

I believe that's the only defense she hasn't tried. Answer is no. She doesn't meet the legal definition of insanity. She's quite sane.

You have to wonder, when JA goes to bed at night, does she hear a voice that says, "Jodi, do you know how badly you have *advertiser censored**** up?" Not just For Travis & his family & legions of friends, but herself & her family...you just wish she could hear that voice & show some contrition, regret, horror at what she's done, & finally, TELL THE TRUTH! But I don't think she will, she's too far down in her sinkhole of lies & denial...or being Jodi, she just hears the white noise on the screen...

Why didn't she take the camera? She took the gun and knife?

She didn't take the camera because she knew she "deleted" photos and the incriminating finger prints would have been washed off in the washer!

Anyone notice that the producer on NG's show (Matt) has a voice that sounds like Ethel Merman screaming? Worst voice on TV ever!

I know! When they put an identifier up, my husband goes, "That's a man talking!" And I'm like, "No, that's that brunette woman who's on the panel sometimes." And he goes, "No, they just identified him."

I wish someone would ask her about Travis looking at the photos and then wanting some deleted while he is still in the shower.
Normally you go through the photos later and then delete....and you don't want to get the camera or the floor wet.

Excellent question. And why wouldn't some of those 'deleted' photos have been recovered along with the rest of the deleted photos? I wish someone would ask what she was really doing during those long time gaps. :D

I predict we're going to hear from a couple expert witnesses about battered women's syndrome and blackouts blah blah but here's where I'm at.

Here's what I think is bottom line. Everyone knows she killed Travis, it's not really a question. I think one could say it was aggravated murder if they have that distinction in AZ.

I think bottom line this case boils down to is will she get life or will the jury give her a death sentence. Was it premeditated?[/QUOTE]

YES

She doesn't even come close to the legal burden required. Insanity defenses are on the rare side as a result - it's an extremely high threshold the defendant must pass.

Arizona uses a modified version of the M'Naghten rule should you wish to learn more.

Unlike BDE, I was only able to listen to a portion of Jodi's responses to the jury questions, but even in this brief segment it was clear that Jodi thought that this 'conversational forum' was her best opportunity to impress the jury. It seemed as if she was at a social gathering; regaling the guests with her fabricated recollections of the events.

As the legal guardian for over ten years for a family member professionally diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, I've witnessed dozens of episodes of her facility to lie constantly when being questioned by mental health professionals and other caregivers. My SIL would exhibit the same overt appearance of self-satisfaction as Jodi that she was able to "snow'" these caregivers.

Like most of the professionals that dealt with my SIL, I'm hoping that the jury will see through this obvious pack of lies.

Mr. BDE

She really did seem to be having a chit chat with some people she knows, didn't she? Even when describing harrowing events, she kind of forgot to have feelings about it, didn't she? I'm sure she'll be coached on it tonight and will correct tomorrow.

moo

She may have gathered the bloody towels and other things and the camera got rolled up in it and she threw it ALL in the wash. Amen for that because without that camera card, there's a good chance she would have gotten away with this.

Why didn't she take the camera? She took the gun and knife?

:banghead: Jean C says that today helped JA.

No. No. This cannot be true. Seriously? Perhaps she means the direct juror-to-defendant 'interaction' (via HHJSS) 'humanized' her, making it more difficult to give her the DP?

That's got to be what she meant - or something like that... right? I disagree, the questions prove the jurors are taking their job seriously and are determined to make a just decision and that justice is served. I did not sense any 'sympathy factor' in their questions at all... jmv.

Some THs seem to just be fulfilling directives from their bosses - making sure that every show has something that someone agrees with, something that infuriates someone - rather than - well, I guess that's what they ARE paid to do.

On the other hand, Beth Karas is a true, objective journalist. Doesn't JC purport to be one too? She sounds more like an 'analyst' than a reporter. Wish there were more reporters.

Does anyone know why did Nurmi ask JA if she told Alyce Laviolette she had seen Travis masturbating to little boy photos on his computer or something to that effect? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592