trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just left the computer for a few minutes, and everything went away!

Where'd everybody go? ALV was sick? Yeah, must've been the frog wasn't
boiled long enough.

Gee Whiz, following this trial leaves me with a lot of free time when I least expect it.
Disappointment and anger, but I still feel unconditional dislike, as well.

Don't worry be happy..we don't have to listen anymore today

I have no sympathy or respect for JA's parents, especially the mother.

If Jodi was such a problem at such a young age that the entire family was upset by her, that her friends called in the middle of the night telling Sandy to get help for Jodi, why didn't Sandy get her the professional help she needed.

I realize Jodi didn't want help, but she was her parent's child until the age of 18.
They should have insisted she go. Mental problems are equally important as physical problems.

They didn't do enough for their child.

MOO
Counseling wouldn't have helped JA, but a mean @ss parole officer might have helped her. When JA was assaulting her mom and being a delinquent (staying out all night), her mom should have called the police and filed charges. If she was stealing from her parents (and you know she was), they should have pressed charges.

To hold up more than half a day of a murder trial of this magnitude I conclude one or both of these two things:

1. Alyce LaViolette is stellar at covering up a severe illness that she couldn't recover from over a 90 min lunch break (or attempt to).

2. She's a full blown Narcissist.

(or maybe she's having a panic attack at the very thought of this direct winding down/Martinez getting ahold of her which is legit but sorry chickie, THIS IS WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR).

You couldn't pay me $500.00 an hour to go up against JM -- regardless of what kind of expert I am (you know, reading cosmo, readbook, and watching a documentary or two could make me an expert).

I'd be sick too. Maybe LV has decided she's outta there and that's the last we'll see of her - LOL.

MOO

Mel

I guess I asked the question, "Do wish you could leave this insanity ?" Now keep in mind this after awhile not the first question after hello My name is..

I have yet to hear no I want to stay in the insanity but I am afraid of his violence (or some verge) or I can't I don't have place to go or I don't have money, etc or some financial inability.

Let me ask you "Did you wish you could leave this insanity (I am not using insanity as a legal term and insanity isn't psychological term I using it a term for craziness).....(fill in the because to own life)?

Thanks for your opinion.

Ok- thanks, that change of context changes everything. Yes - I wanted to leave the insanity. Stay in the relationship but leave the insanity. And it took MANY months of counseling to see that if the other party refuses to do their part in eliminating the insanity then I MUST love myself enough not to stay any longer. But let me tell you - I would have never come to that determination on my own. My inner perception of things was very warped. I had to learn to see things through the eyes of a healthy person - my counselor and see what they saw. Very very very tough to do. Tough pill to swallow.

As a recovering substance abuser, I take no offense to the word insanity. It is exactly what our world is when we are spiritually sick. After many years of sobriety I can easily look back and call that existence "insane". Insanity is the act of repeating the same behavior over and over and expecting a different outcome.

If anyone gets ahold if the unedited parents interviews....can we get a new thread?

HLN is gonna leak these out in a painfully slow dribble that will surely drive me insane!

I was literally embarrassed yesterday by my unbridled excitement about these videos.
WANT NOW!

The timing of this supposed sickness makes me skeptical. They could have just asked for an early lunch. A couple of hours is good enough to take a pill and get better. This didn't happen during the afternoon. It conveniently happens before lunch so there is enough testimony to take up all day tomorrow before the long weekend.

Well, well, well. I'm falling apart. I don't know how much of this I can take.

this is why you can't get emotional watching these trials. after kca that was a huge emotional lesson for me. jmo

I seriously think she's having escalating anxiety. It increases urination and (other elimination) as well as dry mouth, also her inappropriate awkward grins. Her friend said he was there cuz she was "terrified" to testify. But TOO BAD. Your anxiety is fixin to get a WHOLE LOT WORSE very soon. You signed up for this...better be prepared to get what you GET. No sympathy from me.

Nah, not the slightest bit of jealousy when JA is arguing to herself in that journal "this is the 3, no 2 1/2, no 3rd date with Mimi."

In one of the interrogation videos JA goes on about different women Travis knew and how she wasn't worried about this one or that one because she knew Travis wasn't interested in them. Now, if you aren't jealous why would you say something about being worried about another female? I took it to mean that she wasn't worried about that female stealing Travis from her. Even though they were broke up. If she is concerned about other women being a threat as far was being with Travis then obviously she was jealous and worried about losing him to another woman.

illness during trial roll call:
Spectator- vomits in court room
Judge gets sick- day off
JA - sick day off
Witness sick- rest of day off...
never saw such a bunch of sickly people in a court room:(

ButForFortune
Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee15
Since she said there was no jealousy on Arias part....couldn't that be used to bring in all of the stalking issues?
Good question - you may want to post this on the legal thread.

But there is no proof that JA did the tire slashing or stole the engagement ring or sent the email threats. So that stuff cannot come in. JMO

If Jodi was such a problem at such a young age that the entire family was upset by her, that her friends called in the middle of the night telling Sandy to get help for Jodi, why didn't Sandy get her the professional help she needed.

I realize Jodi didn't want help, but she was her parent's child until the age of 18.
They should have insisted she go. Mental problems are equally important as physical problems.

MOO

Because she's a psychopath. There's really nothing anyone can do. It's just how their brains are wired.

so I guess the jury does not know that court was cancelled for JA's 'migraines and ALV's hot flashes or whatever her issue is.
Is this true, anyone?

I seriously think she's having escalating anxiety. It increases urination and (other elimination) as well as dry mouth, also her inappropriate awkward grins. Her friend said he was there cuz she was "terrified" to testify. But TOO BAD. Your anxiety is fixin to get a WHOLE LOT WORSE very soon. You signed up for this...better be prepared to get what you GET. No sympathy from me.

ITA!

All that lying is probably making her ill... heck all she has to do is tell the truth and be honest - and she won't so...

I agree. I also think if she doesn't pull it together and has more "illness" in the coming days, especially when Juan gets to her, her future gigs as an "expert" are over.

MOO

Jodi was 27 when she committed this murder. Her mother doesn't say when the friends were calling so I am guessing it was shortly before the murder. Do you realize you cannot commit an adult over 21 for longer than 72 hours? I think mom and dad were in fear for their own lives. Maybe they just prayed it would all blow over.

You know, "I might've, could've, should've done something."

Would they have saved Travis? No. Jodi planned that slaughter. She is a sociopath and only death would have stopped her.

I think they will be relieved when she is sentenced because they are afraid of her. MOO?

I know one thing for sure: She ain't gonna like Juan. Not one little "teeny-weeny-combative-yes-or-no-answer, did I ask you that?" bit! :twocents:

For someone who's slandered a dead man (she's never met) and judged him as an abuser, based solely upon a liar's journals ~ Can you IMAGINE how she's going to treat Juan Martinez?

It's not a stretch to imagine ALV will see JM as abusive as well, so how will that affect her demeanor in front of the jury? Can't wait!

Maybe she saw Alyce taking a "swig" in the ladies room on that bathroom break or she smells of alcohol? (Alyce has mentioned AA MANY times. Why?)

I would laugh my azz off if JW had to tell the judge, I caught MY witness taking a swig from her flask in the washroom.
This trial is taking its toll, I have got to give it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici