trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
To hold up more than half a day of a murder trial of this magnitude I conclude one or both of these two things:

1. Alyce LaViolette is stellar at covering up a severe illness that she couldn't recover from over a 90 min lunch break (or attempt to).

2. She's a full blown Narcissist.

(or maybe she's having a panic attack at the very thought of this direct winding down/Martinez getting ahold of her which is legit but sorry chickie, THIS IS WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR).

Somebody wants a LONG weekend to prep for Juan. I'd be sick too if my career were about to go down in flames. I sincerely hope this fraud loses her gigs scamming the courts, expert witnessing and giving speeches all over the place.

I think she just remembered she has a speaking engagement this Saturday and realized she needs time to prep for that, so perhaps taking this afternoon off will help?

Unbelievable...

The timing of this supposed sickness makes me skeptical. They could have just asked for an early lunch. A couple of hours is good enough to take a pill and get better. This didn't happen during the afternoon. It conveniently happens before lunch so there is enough testimony to take up all day tomorrow before the long weekend.

Well, well, well. I'm falling apart. I don't know how much of this I can take.

Please can someone tell me if testimony is DONE FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK?

$330 per hour to sit up there and yap on and on about much to do over Jodi's antics. Now court is cancelled????? :furious::banghead::furious:

Is this for real? :what: The jury is as of NOW very sick of this chit being pulled by the defense team! :furious: I'm sick of it, so I'm sure they are. Whatcha want to bet she is being comped for her hotel suite with taxpayer money too?

Okay, since the circus has ended for the day...

I've seen some posts about more bits and pieces of mom and dad's interrogation videos coming out. Any clips or links?

I had another question but I already forgot what it was.... this trial is frying my brain.

Up post someone suggested the lunch break then consider the severity of the the illness the witness is having. A very reasonable option in a long trial.

Most courts have another witness in the wings to keep things going. It is only noon in AZ. Perhaps the judge needs to go to time management classes for Judges.

Starting to wonder if we are heading for a mistrial here?

She's sick??? You're freaking kidding me.

I know they are doing this to get away from JM and his cross tomorrow. No doubt in my mind. But let's give this jury credit, they aren't stupid. They will realize that stuff like this happens at the end of every witness of theirs, drag it out to end it before the long weekend.

unbelievable.

I think this is delberate, so that she can finish her testimony tomorrow with Wilmott & Martinez will have to wait until after the weekend to get to her. Thus, the jury will have her testimony unchallenged in their heads all weekend. I think this is why Martinez didn't challenge too often, so the sidebars didn't eat up time & he could get to her as soon as possible. The defence is treating this trial as a game that they will go to any lengths to win. And by lengths I mean the lowest of the low.

Then this DT is not bright, why would you ever want to give JM a three day weekend to gear up even further to take on your witness ? I mean, that falls into the category of major stupid. Any notion that this testimony will be thought about by the jury over three days off is a pipe dream...more likely they are more inclined to be saying a little prayer they don't have to suffer the insult to their intelligence by having to listen to her and Ms. Wilmott any longer, at least until re-direct which will be useless.

To hold up more than half a day of a murder trial of this magnitude I conclude one or both of these two things:

1. Alyce LaViolette is stellar at covering up a severe illness that she couldn't recover from over a 90 min lunch break (or attempt to).

2. She's a full blown Narcissist.

BBM

I think the SAME THING! When my husband came home for lunch, he asked, "Is she still talking?" I shook my head and replied, "Her ego is massive!"

She doesn't believe what she's saying. But she has convinced herself that she can convince OTHERS to believe what she's saying. She's just like her client! :twocents:

When listening to the police tapes of JAs mom, she said a friend of JAs had called a Hotline for Mental Health issues. Nowwww, I know why JA said she had tried to get help for TAs make-believe pedophilia by calling a Hotline and getting pamphlets. She turned the story around from her needing help to TA needing help. Big surprise. Grrrr.

She might have a dry mouth from a benzodiazepine.

sure seems like ALV has dry mouth as well! I think she's having extreme anxiety. I'm gonna dissect the last minutes of her testimony for signs. Now that I have the afternoon off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay