trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK OK... THINKING POSITIVE HERE...

HLN can only drag this mornings testiphony out till mid afternoon.. Right? So we won't have BS acting from NG & DD about "Let's go back into the courtroom" when court has been over for 2 hours... So MAYBE...

We'll get to see much more of the tapes of the Parents with EF than HLN expected to show??

that was another setup ...they want to guarantee Juan doesn't get to her until next week...

I actually won't mind that. He can start in on her Monday morning, and have a full uninterrupted week to break her down.

What did I say

STALLING!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It has become so obvious the DT tries to "SCHEDULE" their dramatic moments for the end of the day on THURSDAYS ~ as they think the jury will give that dramatic moment ONE NANO-SECOND of thought over the long weekend.

No, what it does is make them MORE angry at your murdering client, Ms. Wilmott.

And the angrier at her they become - the easier it will be to convict her and sentence her to death. Pretty simple.

What time is break over. I am headed out to drink my lunch.

tumblr_ldfxgjYsdZ1qex40do1_500.gif

Start now...witness sick...court done for today.

Witness is ill and cannot continue today . . court is cancelled for the rest of the day.

(Did ALV barf in the courtroom too?)

:lol:

I will now have time to read your transcriptions. I had to quit listening because I was going to barf on my floor. Bless TA's family and the jurors sitting through all of this.

I thought the EXACT same thing. Wilmott asked to approach. Court dismissed. That was weird!

Although I had posted upthread that LaViolette's voice was suddenly shaky and she seemed off.

I think this is delberate, so that she can finish her testimony tomorrow with Wilmott & Martinez will have to wait until after the weekend to get to her. Thus, the jury will have her testimony unchallenged in their heads all weekend. I think this is why Martinez didn't challenge too often, so the sidebars didn't eat up time & he could get to her as soon as possible. The defence is treating this trial as a game that they will go to any lengths to win. And by lengths I mean the lowest of the low.

Still checking to see if they are wearing their ribbons? I bet it burns her buns that she can't control them. That she can't have any part of Travis anymore. That his memory, his family and his BMW will carry on with out her.

[Referring to LaViolette's inadequate and outdated CV]

EDITED by RUK for space:

What I also find disturbing is that LaViolette has made serveral references to Alcoholics Anonymous and frequently uses "AA Speak" and seems to be basing a lot of her conclusions on the free-floating blaming and willful helplessnes of the recovery movement.

Aside from personal anecdotes (like "as seen on TV": "It really works!", yeah sure) on how AA, NA and the like have helped people, we are also talking about a kind of twitchy cult based on the 20s-era "moral re-armament" babbling of Frank Buchmann where "sin" has been crossed out and "alcohol/drugs/sex/overeating, what-have-you" has been penciled in.

Moreover, like all pseudo explanations including Freudanism, Marxism, and other totalizing systems its completely non-falsifiable, the dogma arranged where there's no situation, positive or negative, that it doesn't cover.

Forgive me, Mykeru. I am not so proud as to ask you the simple question : Does your post, in simplistic terms, suggest you believe LV makes behavior suit her needs in working for the defendant?:what::what:

Since there is apparently no shame in this witness's wild speculation, why not just cut to the chase and ask:

Ms. ALV, since we have proven beyond any possible doubt that Travis was a serial beater of women and a pedophile, when you are given the indisputable facts in this case that Travis again brutally attacked Jodi on June 4, what is your opinion as to the reasonableness of her reaction that day?

Objection!!! May I approach?:floorlaugh:

I've reversed my DVR, watching her right now, she's very engaged with the Jury. I don't see any signs of illness. A ploy by the defense to take up tomorrow so Juan can't get a word in.

Don't they realize this does nothing but make the Jury look at them badly. Thinking things over the weekend that gets totally zapped within 5 minutes on Monday.... ARRRGG!!!!

I'm sorry but this team is out right stupid.

I did the same and I concur 100%!!! I didn't see any signs of illness whatsoever.

Why these ploys are allowed is beyond me. Although, I guess as a judge, you cannot doubt the veracity of a witness...if they say they are sick, you probably have to take them at their word.

Doesn't mean I like it one bit, however. Damn. The only bright spot I can see is maybe someone somewhere will finally release the parents' interviews in their entirety as a result!

I just left the computer for a few minutes, and everything went away!

Where'd everybody go? ALV was sick? Yeah, must've been the frog wasn't
boiled long enough.

Gee Whiz, following this trial leaves me with a lot of free time when I least expect it.
Disappointment and anger, but I still feel unconditional dislike, as well.

The OJ Simpson trial lasted about 9 months. This one is well on its way to matching it.

I did. I am convinced Jodi really enjoyed her powerplay in getting Juror #5 thrown off. She looks very snarky at them.

But if they look and catch that snark, what good will it do her. It will only get them pzzd at her. Certainly it won't give them the impression of a remorseful, innocent damsel.

Okay, not being morbid or gross or anything like that, just throwing a scenario out there...what would happen if something horrible happened to ALV and she couldn't testify any longer, would all of her testimony be thrown out since JM didn't have a chance to cross.

This is not to indicate that I don't think this whole 'sick' thing is nothing but a planned-out stall tactic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost