trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
ButForFortune
Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee15
Since she said there was no jealousy on Arias part....couldn't that be used to bring in all of the stalking issues?
Good question - you may want to post this on the legal thread.

But there is no proof that JA did the tire slashing or stole the engagement ring or sent the email threats. So that stuff cannot come in. JMO

I don't remember anything being said about a stolen engagement ring. Can someone enlighten me on this. Thanks!!

JW worked really hard today trying to convince the jury that Jodi was 'pulling away' from Travis and had no jealousy towards Mimi Hall. I wonder if it worked.

I would be willing to bet $100 That it did not work.

Why did she have to pull away - she lived in another damn state -
so she was already away.

[video=youtube;bEWCeiaNXoU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEWCeiaNXoU[/video]

I think back and have to admit that I miss Juan vs Doc...:D

Remember when the judge made Michael Jackson come from the hospital to court in his pajamas? That's what I thought of the day JA had her "migraine".

This is what I thought immediately- like she needed a change of pants. ? Though- the I want out of here excuse works well too. :moo:

What engagement ring???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm coming around to the opinion that Samuels hates her job. Every time she has the slightest reason to stop for the day she does.

I cannot believe she didn't take the witness aside or into chambers and find out exactly what was wrong and why it coulnd't be fixed. Just takes her word for it so she can quit for the day. I find that amazing and as unprofessional as Wilmot's syntax problems and stripper shoes.

And if this is a DT ploy to manipulate the jury, boy are they off base. I bet jurors no longer think about the trial at all once they leave, much less ruminate about poor Jodi and her abuse. If it was me it would be "another 4 hours, another pack o' lies, another freaking drive home, is the laundry done, what's for dinner, is there a new Game of Thrones on......"
I think this trial is making plenty of people sick, but WE don't take days off . . . We'd have to go to work. :floorlaugh:

You are very dedicated, AZlawyer, would you agree that the DT called "sick" in order to keep their direct examination in mind over the 3 day weekend? A strategic move? Would you further agree, dear counsel, that this jury may hold that against the defense?

No, I tend to believe that she's really sick--I just think there may be a psychological component to her sickness, brought on by contemplation of cross-examination.

But your version is just as consistent with the evidence we have. :)

So if she is still ill tomorrow and has prior engagements for next week, and the defense has no further witnesses are we just on standby until she can return?

Dream questions to ALV from Juan:

Ma'am, define for us,if you will, stalking and tell us which column it would fall under on your DV continuum?

(Objection....blah blah blah....restate the question)
Ma'am in your clinical opinion can stalking ever considered domestic violence? Please explain your answer.

Ma'am would you consider a "partner's" opening, reading & acting upon all the other's mail a possible tool for abuse?
Oh & because you don't grasp the concepts of email, texting, face-booking, , and voicemail, I'll not ask or expect you to expound upon matters concerning anything but snail mail....what? You don't know what snail mail is either?

For someone who claims to be so unsophisticated in the realm of modern communication technology, she sure cooked up the "assumption" about how pedos access their child *advertiser censored* via computer pretty quickly though, eh?

Last week I wrote that ALV was being unmasked. Today the above thought crossed my mind, after she lied and her fiercely dogmatic stance, that there was something in it for her. Perhaps a narcissist.

It fits with her overstuffed CV and her lack of continuing education. She's just a good networker. It fits with her hubristic know-it-allness, as if a sermon from the mount, and her lack of discomfort in destroying Travis' reputation and in front of his family. She's very godlike on the stand. And she is a liar. And a complete fraud.

Ok found it.

POST OF THE DAY!!!

She is under subpoena. So she has to show up at court.

I'm sure she's not under subpoena. And she can stop working for the defense any time she wants--slavery has been outlawed I hear. :)

What surprises me is that ALV did not set the stage for why JA went INTO the relationship with Travis. I was expecting her to say all the prior abuse made her not realize what was happening with Travis. Yet we heard nothing about her folks or the previous boyfriends.
Someone with experience here may correct me, but isn't 5 months a pretty short period of time to go from zero to murder?
Also, she was not living with him or dependent on him financially - doesn't that make any difference?
It seems to me she had options, and simply choose not to take them.

What surprises me is that ALV did not set the stage for why JA went INTO the relationship with Travis. I was expecting her to say all the prior abuse made her not realize what was happening with Travis. Yet we heard nothing about her folks or the previous boyfriends.
Someone with experience here may correct me, but isn't 5 months a pretty short period of time to go from zero to murder?
Also, she was not living with him or dependent on him financially - doesn't that make any difference?
It seems to me she had options, and simply choose not to take them.

It was my impression that ALV seems to believe the relationship went on for a year or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu