Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the FBI wasn't concerned because Chechnya / Dagestan terrorists had never attacked the U.S. before and probably thought "your problem not ours". There seem to be a lot of my fellow Americans who have this kind of attitude, if it's happening somewhere else in the world but not affecting us it's not our problem.

In this case if the people asked to investigate had stronger ethics then an attack on the U.S. might have been prevented.

I agree. I bet Russia was concerned he is going to blow up something in Russia during his visit. While FBI wasn't that concerned about what he was going to do in Russia. Chechen terrorist organizations committed a number of terrorist acts in Russia, this hadn't happened in the US.

Or when he ran towards them he believed the police would shoot him dead in a blaze of glory. He possibly didn't think they could get away after so just went for causing as much damage to the police as he could.

No blaze of glory for him - just a tussle, handcuffs, and getting run over by his own brother.

BUT....................

He married an American. That should mean there was no longer a Passport issue. He had permanent residency and he married a citizen. The issue of a passport ought to have been a non-issue. Unless, he wanted to remain a Russian citizen. BUT again, the article linked above says that he applied for US citizenship in September 2012.

Just because he married an American doesn't mean anything regarding his own passport.
And if he wanted to renew a Russian passport, then it does sound that he wanted to remain a Russian citizen. However Russian passport can be renewed in US, I don't know why he would need to go to Russia to do that.

No blaze of glory for him - just a tussle, handcuffs, and getting run over by his own brother.

A fitting end for him, IMO. Although I do wish he would have blown himself up with one of his pressure cooker bombs, and would have lain in the street in sheer agony for awhile before succumbing to his injuries.

I must admit, though, that the report of him being dragged beneath his brother's getaway car and the pain & fear he must have experienced gives me a macabre sense of satisfaction. I won't deny that I hope he suffered before he died.

I will add this: I doubt he realized the grievous error of his ways before dying, and I doubt he sought divine forgiveness for his heinous actions before dying. Therefore, I have no pity for his soul.

And (to date, at least), he didn't even take the time and effort to write a "manifesto". I'm sure that the authorities will find out which online places he has visited and we will find out more later. Sometimes I really get concerned about some of the rants I see online -- and I do not even visit any really controversial or violent sites!

Sounds like the FBI wasn't concerned because Chechnya / Dagestan terrorists had never attacked the U.S. before and probably thought "your problem not ours". There seem to be a lot of my fellow Americans who have this kind of attitude, if it's happening somewhere else in the world but not affecting us it's not our problem.

In this case if the people asked to investigate had stronger ethics then an attack on the U.S. might have been prevented.

NBC News is being told that AFTER the first investigation, that Russians contacted the FBI AGAIN with new information...six meetings with an Islamic militant in Russia. At this point he was back in USA again. Why didn't those six meetings warrant a second look...or a call back to the Russians?

NOW he is back here..our problem, our risk! Was it just inconceivable to the FBI that the six meetings might be a planning session for terror HERE?

SIX MONTHS LATER...the carnage!

This sounds like an inexcusable blow-off. Will there be any accountability?
@@@@@

"On Sunday, a Dagistani police official source revealed to NBC News that the Russian internal security service contacted the FBI in November with some questions about Tamerlan and handed over a copy of a case file on him.
The 26-year-old Chechen, who was living in the U.S. after being granted refugee status in 2002, first caught the eye of authorities after he was spotted meeting with a person involved in the militant Islamic underground movement in Dagestan. They met at a mosque on six occasions, the source said.
The source told NBC the militant and Tsarnaev disappeared before authorities could speak with them; they added that the FBI never responded. A senior law enforcement official said that the FBI's earlier investigation did not turn up anything and they did not have the legal authority to keep tabs on him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bomber-just-SIX-MONTHS-ago.html#ixzz2R819EWxe
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The FBI called the suspect and accused him over the phone???

Unless this is something new, that does not seem to be how the FBI normally works...

MOO
Nah... Here's the denial.

The FBI is strongly refuting a report by Britain’s Channel 4 News that Tamerlan Tsarnaev was contacted by federal agents last week, days after the Marathon bombings and days before he allegedly murdered an MIT police officer and before he was killed in a gunfight with cops and his fugitive brother held Greater Boston hostage for an entire day.

“Story is false,” a spokeswoman for the agency said in an email response to a Herald inquiry

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...report_elder_tsarnaev_was_contacted_last_week

I'm inclined to agree. On the other hand, a great deal of thinking went into manufacturing the explosives, planting them, and setting them up to detonate. And they are/were young men of the 21st century. We know the younger one was a regular user of social media. He understood its power, and used it when he tweeted the image of the "Terrorista" license plate. How could they not "think" that their images would be cast all over the globe? TT had been already questioned by the FBI. He was well aware they had him in their sites. How could he not "think" he'd be caught. Were they really just that foolish?

Another question that's stuck in my craw: what was the purpose of the marathon bombing? Was it intended to send a message? I suspect it was, but can anyone define it? I can't. No declaration. No manifesto. So they screwed up there, too, and I'm even more sickened by the senselessness of it all. Innocent people murdered and maimed, and for what? Absolutely nothing.

I think the purpose was to prove to the world what a big shot tamerlan was. I think he was a dissatisfied, disgruntled who felt entitled to much more recognition and status than he had.

The uncle said it best: Losers. Losers can become murderous when they are evil and believe they should have more without working for it.

What is the purpose of any terrorist act?

Usually there is a specific agenda. With 9/11 it was about U. S. aid to Israel and continued mIlitary presence in Saudi Arabia. Chechen rebels want to be separate from Russia. Basque separatists want to be separate from Spain.

I don't think there is any thing wrong or suspicious in their visiting their home countries. I just question the presumption that their circumstances were "dire" or impoverished. All MOO

You got that right. It's about a grand just for the tickets and Tamerlan was traveling back and forth quite a bit. I'm sick of hearing how "impoverished" these two baby killers were. It's untrue. And they were obscenely wealthy compared To the way they would have lived in the dump they came from.

Yes and most western converts ARE women because the Koran and Islam are very fair and attractive to females. Women received "equal rights" 1400 years ago whereas the West didn't catch up until the last century.

It varies widely depending on the culture, many Muslim majority countries have some VERY strong women, the women are often in charge of the household and even in charge of the finances.

Years ago I had an Afghan hairdresser, very very gracious woman that fled with her children and husband during the war with Russia. She told me that in Afghanistan the WOMEN controlled the household finances and before she was married her groom had his money transferred into her name.

Wait seriously? The Koran holds that a woman is worth less than a man and sometimes isn't worth anything at all, when it comes to testimony, depending on the crime or cause of action. There are other passages that have been interpreted as holding women below men, like the one about when it's okay to beat your wife.

And before I am accused of bashing Islam- I'm not. I think it is no better or worse in terms if violence or attitudes toward women than any of the other two, top monotheistic religions. But in the U.S. it is well known that the cultures interpreting Islam have a hideous track record of upholding equality for women or women's rights. And that's what is important because those are the cultures American, female converts become wedded to.

Let's be real. American women don't covert to Islam so they can be afforded
More rights than they already have or more equality. They do so primarily because they fall in live with some dude.

Not assuming,I have a question mark,just wondering. That's why I moved it to the PP. I think its worthy of discussion. Based on my own experience with my children,to encourage diversity, a lot of the foreign students are paying nothing or very small amounts. Meanwhile, US citizens are paying full price. Like I said,a better topic for the PP.
As for what I want to know about the consulate van,I just thought it was strange that it was not being reported,but I guess it must be standard procedure. I have never had any dealings with embassys and stuff so I thought having a van pick you up was odd. I guess not.

This was a well researched topic after 9/11. Why do we allow so
Many foreigners into our universities? Because they essentially support the system since they pay way MORE than locals. No way does any foreign national pay less unless they are here on sports Or other scholarships:
"At public universities and colleges costs are subsidized for residents of the state by which the institution is funded - out-of-state students therefore pay higher tuition. Typically, international students are subject to an even higher rate if tuition at both public and private universities."
http://www.google.com/search?q=fore...=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#itp=open7

Anyone with knowledge of the Boston area have clue where this is? Whats the proximity to where suspects live?

Its on the south shore, an easy drive down rte 3 from Boston.

I dunno though, this sounds more like kids doing stupid stuff than a wannabe terrorist. There's also plenty of closer spots he could have chosen to "practice" than going down to Hanover. But, who knows. :waitasec:

Nah... Here's the denial.

The FBI is strongly refuting a report by Britain’s Channel 4 News that Tamerlan Tsarnaev was contacted by federal agents last week, days after the Marathon bombings and days before he allegedly murdered an MIT police officer and before he was killed in a gunfight with cops and his fugitive brother held Greater Boston hostage for an entire day.

“Story is false,” a spokeswoman for the agency said in an email response to a Herald inquiry

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...report_elder_tsarnaev_was_contacted_last_week

Good they clarified that. Either #1 called his mother and "bragged" or the entire story is false. I will go with the latter, unless she recorded the phone call.

MOO

Its on the south shore, an easy drive down rte 3 from Boston.

I dunno though, this sounds more like kids doing stupid stuff than a wannabe terrorist. There's also plenty of closer spots he could have chosen to "practice" than going down to Hanover. But, who knows. :waitasec:

If those are kids doing stupid things the authorites are better find these kids before they do something even more stupid.

I can totally imagine this guy calling his mother, knowing she is safely overseas, to brag that the FBI was calling (ha ha) to blame him. He had no message that got out after the bombing, so he was probably about to explode wanting to tell someone. Best he can do is call Mom and hint about it. :rolleyes:

And (to date, at least), he didn't even take the time and effort to write a "manifesto". I'm sure that the authorities will find out which online places he has visited and we will find out more later. Sometimes I really get concerned about some of the rants I see online -- and I do not even visit any really controversial or violent sites!

I can see him bragging to mother as well. And then to prove how big a man he is, he supposedly tells FBI its their problem.
:floorlaugh:

If those are kids doing stupid things the authorites are better find these kids before they do something even more stupid.

Teens have always been stupid. I can think of several science geeks back in high school (early 90s) who played with small bomb stuff out in an empty lot in the city.

They weren't disgruntled or radical, just smart kids who were bored. None in jail so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000